Chapter 13: Solution

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

A heavy atmosphere hung above our heads upon the arrival of the unexpected guest. I don't understand why. We've all known each other for the longest time and Infinite and L.Joe don't even know about what's going on between me and L... They barely even know that we are... or we were... dating. I don't know which would be accurate.

Wordlessly, I slid out of Sungyeol's grasp til only his arm remained wrapped around my waist for support. The festive atmosphere was replaced with a thick and suffocating tension as an unbroken silence hung in the air. All eyes stayed locked on the newest guest while he glared at Sungyeol.

I longingly kept my gaze focused on him, wanting to run over and close off the space between us. I wanted to slip into his protective grasp and stay there infinitely. I wanted him to promise me that he would never leave my side again. I wanted to do so many things... but I didn't. I couldn't. Instead, I opted to standing frozen to the spot and watching him from a distance, making sure that he wouldn't disappear without a warning of any kind.

"You never answered me. I asked if you two were having fun." His mocking voice cut the silence like a knife, slicing me along with it even though his words weren't directed towards me. I flinched at the obvious harshness of his tone. It was as if he was accusing Sungyeol for being with me. How could he be angry at Sungyeol for spending time with me? He's like an older brother to me. It's unreasonable for L to be mad at him for spending time with me. I was the one that wanted to spend time with my brother.

"Watch it Myungsoo." Sungyeol growled through clenched teeth.

I frowned, unhappy that those were the first words leave his lips and that the two were arguing. After waiting for so long and being in so much depression without him, I thought that our reunion would start on a happy, meaningful note. I hadn't imagined it to start off anything like this.

"What? It looked like you were having a great old time, am I right Sungyeol?" L narrowed his eyes, causing me to flinch once again. Misinterpreting my flinch, Sungyeol attempted to shift our positions so that he was in a protective stance before me, blocking me from L with his arm but I resisted, standing my ground. I was simply... caught off guard. This wasn't the dorky L that was always so considerate... He seemed so... different. Like someone else.

I furrowed my eyebrows, completely in the dark concerning the situation. What has gotten into these two? They were so close to each other before. So why is L Oppa angry at Sungyeol? Why isn't Sungyeol happy that L Oppa is back? I was utterly confused. "Oppas..." I spoke, concerned.

There was a shift and in an instant, all attention was focused on me instead. L stopped glaring at Sungyeol in order to look my way. His gaze softened as he lifted his hand, reaching for me. "Angel..." He whispered tenderly. "I kept my promise."

I shut my eyes, savoring the moment, savoring his velvety voice, forgetting everything besides the fact that he was here. He was here with me. This was the L that I know, that I trusted. It felt so good knowing that he had come back. A wave of relief hit me, overwhelming me. If it hadn't been for Sungyeol's arm around my waist, my legs probably would have given out and I would have collapsed. The affect that this boy had on me was... indescribable.

I smiled, feeling complete, but my happiness was short lived. His next words caused the smile tingling on my lips to slightly falter and a crease appeared between my brows. "I thought I was going to die being without you, Angel. The moment that I came back, I was already looking for you... I went to your house first but you weren't home... God. I missed you so much."

An image of him with Sumi that evening flashed through my mind, causing me to wince.

What? Oppa. You looked for me right away? But what about Sumi? What about when you were with her? I saw you. So how could you have come to me right away? What am I supposed to believe?

The evidence clashed. I saw him there, but he was saying that he came to me first. The information overwhelmed me and caused my head to spin. I wanted to believe L, but I couldn't ignore what I had seen. I saw him with Sumi. There was no mistaking it. That guy was L. I'm 100% sure.

Oppa. Why are you lying to me?

A stab of pain hit me as I realized that L was hiding something from me. I felt betrayed. Why couldn't he trust me? What was so bad about telling me the truth?

I was crestfallen. I don't know what feeling took me over, but it felt as if I wasn't entirely in control over myself any longer. I wasn't thinking about any consequences for my actions or words... I simply acted. I simply spoke. I needed to confirm a suspicion I had and I just needed to take some of the weight I have been holding off of my chest. I can't hold it any longer.

Carefully, I removed Sungyeol's arm from me. He watched me with an expressionless face, dropping him arm like a dead weight to his side as I took timid steps towards L. I advanced until I was just in his arm's reach before stopping. I looked at him with inquiring eyes, having a staring contest for a few moments before speaking. Around us, Infinite and L.Joe observed silently. I'm sure they were all wondering why I hadn't simply run into his embrace.

I took a breath before speaking. It was as if the whole room waited with baited breath for what was to come next. "So L Oppa..." I began, voice slightly trembling. "Do you want to go visit Sumi Unnie with me?" I asked quickly before I could back out of it.

An expression that I couldn't interpret appeared on his features. "I'm sorry Angel... I'm not really feeling up to it right now."

My shoulders dropped. It was obvious that he was hiding something since he was being so vague with his response. Since I wasn't thinking and I wasn't in control of myself, I couldn't contain the next words that escaped my lips. "Aw. Why not Oppa? 'Cause you just came from Sumi's? Is that it?"

L's eyes widened. The expression that was displayed was... it looked as if I had just landed a hit in his gut. "Angel..."

"Well Oppa?" I pushed. "Is it? Isn't that the reason?"

"No, Angel. It's not what-" He swiftly denied but I cut him off before he could finish, already knowing what he was going to say.

"NOT WHAT I THINK OPPA?" I exploded, surprising everyone in the room but I didn't care. "Yeah Oppa. Where have I heard that one before?" I questioned quieter than before, the betrayal hanging heavy on my shoulders.

*Flashback*

"Don't worry about it. It's not what you think." He assured me.

 

"Hm, Angel? Oh it's nothing. It's not what you think it is." He waved it off.

 

L shook his head with a smile. "It's not what you think, Angel."

 

L answered. "Angel, it's not what you think."

 

"It's not what you think."

 

"It's not what you think."

 

"It's not what you think."

 

"It's not what you think."

 

"It's not what you think."

 

"Oppa? Why are you hiding that you're talking to Sumi Unnie from me?" I blinked with wide eyes.

"Angel, it's not what you-" He quickly spoke but I cut him off.

"Not what I think? Is that what you were going to say? Why not?" I interrogated.

*End of Flashback*

"It's never what I think, is it L Oppa?" I accused while he watched me helplessly. "If it's never what I think, then tell me. What do I think? How are you always so sure that it's never what I think? Can you answer that?!" He stood quietly, a mask of pain painted on his face. I looked away, unable to keep my gaze on him any longer. Instead, I suddenly found the floor to be interesting. I could still feel his gaze boring into me, yet he stayed silent as did everyone else in the room.

After having a moment to think for myself, I shook my head. "I'm sorry L Oppa. I don't think I can trust you anymore... at least not at the moment." I saw him freeze entirely. Tears blurred my vision as I made for the door. I no longer cared that it was freezing outside and that my shoulders and legs were exposed. I didn't care about how rash I was being at the moment. I didn't care or even think about any consequences that could come out of my actions. I simply didn't care. I just had to get out. The place was getting to be too suffocating.

Faintly, I made out the voices calling for me to come back. They only drove me to run away faster. I didn' want them to get me. I didn't want to go back. I must have looked like a mess to all of those silent observers watching me. They probably thought I was some crazy teen running around town in a skimpy dress in the freezing cold just to get a high. In normal circumstances, I would have been embarrassed. I would have hid my face. I would have blushed a bright red. But this was anything but a normal circumstance. I was too numb to be affected by their words, by the nipping wind, by everything around me. I just had to get away from everything, from all my problems.

I finally stopped running once I reached the park. Mentally, I cursed myself for stopping here of all places. It held so many memories of us, so many memories that I couldn't face at the moment. Like before, my legs collapsed from under me and I sank down to the ground, back pressed against that tree. The one that had been such a regular prop to my memories. A shiver ran through my body. The cold finally caught up to me. My breath came out in cold puffs of air, my body began shaking violently. I had pulled my legs up to my chest in an attempt to stay warm, but it didn't make much of a difference. I was still freezing cold. I rested my head on my crossed arms. My cheeks were a rosy color due to the wind blowing at my tear stained cheeks.

Maybe I should just give up now. What else do I have left to lose? No matter how much I try to deny it, Umma and Appa may have already left this world. L's growing distant from me... it's to the point that I don't even know if he's that guy that I knew anymore. That guy that I fell for. Sumi... I don't even know how our relationship is shaped any longer. After this episode, how am I supposed to see her in the same way as before? It's not possible. As for Infinite and L.Joe... they probably see me in a different light now that I've exploded. I'm not the same Hye Ri anymore. I've gone over the edge, now I'm someone else. Someone they don't want to have anything to do with.

If I let go, it'd be better for everyone.

Infinite and L.Joe would move on. They'd do fine without me. Sumi and L... they could... be together... if I was no longer around. They wouldn't have to hide their relationship. Umma and Appa... I'd be reunited with Umma and Appa. I would get to see them again and I would be able to stay with them forever. We wouldn't be separated again.

Yes.

Letting go would be the best thing to do.

Convinced, I let my eyelids drop and the darkness take me over.

Goodbye Infinite Oppas. You'll always be in my heart. You were the best Oppas I could ever ask for. Don't ever change because you're all perfect the way you are. L Oppa... I'll miss you. Even if your feelings for me may have changed, you're still the one. I can't let go of my feelings for you... So this is the best that I can do to remove my bond with you. But no matter where I am, no matter how great the distance between us, you'll always be special to me. L.Joe Oppa... no matter how many times I get down on my knees and thank you, it'll never be enough. I'm eternally grateful to you because you sacrificed the time you could have spent with Sumi to watch over me. This situation arose because of my selfishness and I'm afraid that I'm leaving the biggest burden to you. I'm sorry Oppa. I'm so sorry. I always do this to you. I hope that one day, you can forgive me. If not, I'll try to accept that I can't be forgiven. I'll always be indebt to you my pink haired knight.

Umma. Appa. I'm ready now. I'm coming home to you. Wait for me.

--------------------------------------------------

WOOOOOT! I'm back from vaycayyy!

and as promised, my update! ;)

yay!

sooo I would like to throw out a special thanks to two of my readers for... well for being awesome readers xD

Thanks to:

Bluepills07 and hyukLra

for being such freaking awesome readers and playing along with my childish messages [haha and actually reading my annoying messages xD]

I really really really reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy appreciate it~

sooo this chapter is dedicated to you two! ^^

it might not be much but it's the only way i can think of to thank you so there you go! haha.

FINALLY, before I go...

thank YOU for reading! look forward to my next update, yeah? ;P