Last Chapter: Final Plan

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

My head shot up in confusion before, for the second time that day, I was yanked backwards. My heart pounded with adrenaline as a car rushed past causing my hair to fly in every direction possible. Realization hit me. It could have been something other than realization that hit me at that moment. Immediately, my gaze focused on my savior, who still had his arms around me and was breathing hard. "Choding Oppa..." 

"Hye Ri-yah... you... have to be more careful." He said between breaths. Before I could respond, he was shoved out of the way by someone else, and his arms were replaced with another pair.

"Hye Ri-yah... Hye Ri-yah... Hye-Ri..." L chanted as his eyes searched my face, turning me this way and that way.

"Myungsoo-sshi I was in the middle of something! What are you do-" I began to yell at him in protest until I took in his condition. He was disheveled. His breathing was heavy, almost as if he were hyperventilating, and tears glistened in his eyes. The sight of him made my stomach lurch and my heart hurt. 

"Y-yah... what's wrong with you?" I questioned. Without another word, he pulled my into his arms, placing his head in the crook of my neck.


--------------------------------------------------

~*Earlier*~

~*L's POV*~

I stared vacantly in front of me, feeling weak. The scene replayed over and over in my mind. She told me to get lost, but she let him tag along with her without much of a protest. 

I lost, didn't I. 

My phone began vibrating in my pocket, yet I made no move to answer it. I had no energy to, no will to. The vibrating ceased, only to start up again immediately after. It didn't seem as if the person who was calling would give up until I actually picked up. Irritated, I fished my phone out of my pocket, answering it without checking who was calling. "What do you want?" I growled in annoyance regardless of who it was. 

"L Oppa." Oh. It was her. "There's something I have to tell you-"

"I'm hanging up." I cut her off, not wanting to speak to her. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not ever. My hand was hovering over the end button when something she said caught my attention. 

"It's about Hye Ri!" She yelled quickly before I could disconnect the call. I froze. "Hello? Are you still there?" She inquired after a moment since I hadn't responded. 

"Mm." I grunted.

"She's... she's in trouble. Please. She's at the cafe close to the river. Please go help her, I-" I couldn't hear anything else she had to say. All I could think about was Hye Ri. Hye Ri was in trouble. I needed to go save her. I bolted out of the room, running to the location that Sumi had instructed. I don't care how she responds to seeing me. At the moment, all that matters is that I get there in time to keep her safe. 

I ran. 

I ran the hardest I could. My legs wanted to give out, my lungs were gasping for air, yet I pushed myself to go harder, faster. I didn't have time to slow down. In the distance, I could see the cafe that Sumi had indicated. It was directly across the street from me, but I had to wait to cross since the light was red, indicating that I'd be run over before I could even realize it if I tried to make a dash to the other side. I kept my eyes glued on the cafe, anxious to make my way over, when a familiar figure exited.

It was her. Hye Ri.

And she was perfectly fine. 

I let out a relieved breath, beginning to contemplate why Sumi had lied to me about Hye Ri's well-being. There had to be some ulterior motive behind it. Just as I was beginning to leave while conjuring up reasons to explain her actions, my heart dropped. Hye Ri was too caught up in her thoughts that she didn't realize she was crossing the street when it wasn't her right of way. 

My scream was caught in my through as a white car sped towards her, destined to run right into her. I prepared myself to dash across the street to get to her when a bus cut me off, blocking my view from her just as the white car was about to reach her. "No! Hye Ri-yah!" I let out a mangled scream. As soon as the bus passed, I ran across, dodging the oncoming traffic. I couldn't see her. My heartbeat picked up, anxiety cast over me like a heavy shadow. 

Where is she? What happened? 

I reached the other side of the street and I began to call out for her, disregarding the strange looks directed my way. "Hye Ri! Hye Ri-yah!" Thankfully, I spotted her. It seemed as if someone had pulled her out of the way. In my rush to assure myself that she wasn't hurt, I pushed the guy holding her aside, examining her with the utmost care, all the while chanting her name like a mantra. 

"Myungsoo-sshi I was in the middle of something! What are you do-" She began to squirm in protest, but stopped before finishing her thought. She glanced at me, looking at me and actually seeing me for the first time. "Y-yah... what's wrong with you?" She asked in an awkward manner, her face expressing her confusion. Without answering, I pulled her into my arms, squeezing her tightly, not wanting to let her go. 

I felt her stiffen in my embrace, causing my heart to contract in pain, but to my surprise, she began to relax. Things almost felt like they were before. 

"Excuse me for intruding on this touching moment. Really, I feel horrible for breaking the mood but I'm gonna go ahead and do it anyway. Myungsoo! What happened to pals before gals man?! Was it really necessary for you to shove me aside right after I protected Hye Ri? Sheesh. You know, as compensation, I should take Hye Ri." Sungyeol appeared, peeling Hye Ri from my embrace and bringing her into his. "I'm gonna go ahead and do just that. Thanks man."

"Yeol..." I trailed off in disbelief, not believing that he was really there, before the realization settled in. He just broke the moment. And he was the reason why Hye Ri wasn't in my arms any longer. "YAH LEE SUNGYEOL!"

--------------------------------------------------

~*L.Joe's POV*~

I glanced at my rearview mirror; it gave me a perfect view of the couple embracing on the sidewalk. Her arms that were pinned stiffly to her side began to relax, and slowly but surely, she raised them to return his embrace, responding to his touch. 

A bittersweet smile stretched onto my lips. Of course it hurts. I know what I did was the best decision for the two, but not for myself. It will be a while before I'm able to bear the pain.

This was, once again, Sumi's idea, but this time, I think it was the right thing to do. I know she feels bad towards Hye Ri. I'll never know what drove her to begin this whole mess in the first place, but I'm sure she's regretting it. Or else why would she have asked me to do this? 

This was intended to get Hye Ri to realize L's sincerity towards her; to get her to accept him once again. I was supposed to make it seem as if I would hit Hye Ri. Of course, I wouldn't have hit her even if he failed to reach her, which he did. Someone else pulled her back off of the road, but luckily, things worked out in the end. The outcome we anticipated came true. She accepted him. Things would be fixed between the two.

Nothing else matters.

Especially not you, Lee Byunghun.

Not being able to deal with the constricting of my chest any longer, I looked away, concentrating on driving. 

--------------------------------------------------

~*A Few Days Later*~

~*No one's POV*~

"Someone's at the door! It better not be Sungyeol again, that ! He knows I banned him from coming here!" L hollered loudly puposefully in order for Sungyeol to hear if it was him at the door.

"Okay, I'll get it." Hye Ri laughed in response to his childishness regarding Sungyeol and ran to open the door, only to find that no one was standing there. She cocked her head in confusion before she was pulled out by a figure who had been hiding beside the door frame. 

"Yah. Don't do that! It's not funny." She frowned, hitting L.Joe's arm lightly. 

"Alright, alright." He laughed lightly, causing Hye Ri to roll her eyes. 

Attempting to keep the conversation going, Hye Ri spoke. "Anyways, what are you doing here?" 

"What? Am I not allowed to be here, huh? Just 'cause you chose L over me? Is that it?" L.Joe teased, causing Hye Ri to turn beet red. "Yah... I didn't know that you'd be so cruel Hye Ri-yah. I thought we were still gonna be friends."

"We are!" She blurted, cheeks still ablaze. "Don't go around thining otherwise, alright? You know that's not what I meant." She muttered, making L.Joe smile in amusement.

"Alright, alright. I was just teasing. But for good measure, I recorded what you just said as evidence for future reference if you start denying it." He laughed, a broad smile plastered across his face.

"Yah..." Hye Ri huffed. "Actually, nevermind. Why are you here again?" She repeated.

"Come out for a bit." L.Joe invited, taking a step back to allow her to exit. Hye Ri bit her lip, glancing backwards unsurely. "Don't worry. It won't take that long. Myungsoo can be patient and wait a bit. Come on. You did choose him over me. Cut me some slack, huh?" L.Joe played the guily trip card, making it impossible for her to refuse him. She played right into it. Hesitantly, she put on her shoes and trailed behind L.Joe. 

"So what do you have in mind anyway." Hye Ri kickd the rockes at her feet as she shuffled forward. 

"Ah... just..." From the corner of his eye. L.Joe saw Myungsoo appear at the door, obviously in search of Hye Ri.

"Angel? Who was at the door?" Myungsoo asked, poking his head out of the doorway.

L.Joe smirked, sending a glance directly at L. "...Just wanted to say hi." He quickly ducked his head, allowing his lips to meet with Hye Ri's in a sweet, chaste kiss. Lingering for a moment, L.Joe eventually pulled away, leaving a shocked Hye Ri and a fuming L, one second away from popping a vein. "Well that was it. I'll be leaving now then. See ya." With a wave, L.Joe backtracked and left the scene. 

Hye Ri's fingers lingered at her lips, still shocked over what had just happened. "...First...real..k-kiss..."

"... YAH LEE BYUNGHUN! HYE RI HE'S BANNED TOO, OKAY?! GODDAMIT ALL THESE 'LEES'! EVERYONE WITH THE SURNAME IS BANNED FROM SETTING FOOT ON YOUR PROPERTY, ALRIGHT?! IT'S SETTLED!"

--------------------------------------------------

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

Although things won't ever be completely normal again, I can't deny that I'm happy. Gradually, we'll get to a place where things will be closer to how they used to be. Back when we were happy. Back when everything was perfect. 

Since it's him, I know that we'll be able to do it. 

The first love that I'll never be able to forget if I tried. The first one to completely take over my everything. The first one to have so much influence on me that he's able to single-handedly wreak havoc on my world. That stupid first love of mine...

Til the end, I want him to be my last.

My babo L.