Chapter 8: Surrounded By Whiteness

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

"Hye Ri-yah! L.Joe!" The maknae squealed with excitement the moment he laid eyes on us, wasting no time before tackling me into a tight hold. "My dongsaenggie~ You came for me!" He cooed.

My lips twitched into a smile at my maknae oppa who was gushing with aegyo. "Mmhmm." I responded. He continued animatedly speaking while rocking me back in forth in his arms, his hold so tight that I swear I was beginning to lose circulation.

"Hey. Do you want to let us in now? It's cold out here. Even if it's just the hallway, it's still winter, you know? I'm not really planning for my fingers to come off just yet." L.Joe spoke up with an amused glint in his eye.

"Oh yeah. I forgot... Oopies." Sungjong sheepishly confessed. He released me, allowing me to feel my arms again and moved out of the doorway to let us in. "Sorry about that!"

Upon stepping foot into the room, I immediately proceeded to shedding the layers and layers of jackets. After what seemed like ages, I had accumulated a decent bundle of insulation on the floor. Kicking it off into some corner of the room, I let myself freefall, landing face first onto the couch with an 'oof.'

"Mmm. I luff winter but why do we haff to wear so much stuff?!" I whined, my voice coming out muffled.

"My poor baby!" Sungjong sympathized, hugging and patting my head. "Don't worry! This oppa will help! I'll just hug you to keep you warm from now on then! Then I'll be with you aaaalll winter!" He gushed happily.

"Promise?"

"Yah, yah, yah!" A voice interrupted before Sungjong could answer my question and finish his high pitched speech. "You're suffocating her." Sungyeol rolled his eyes, landing a flick on Sungjong's forehead.

"OW Hyung!"

"Move it, maknae. It's my turn to spend time with her." Sungyeol shoved Sungjong aside, taking his position. I lifted my head up, looking at the Choding through my lashes.

"Oh. Hi Oppa!" I beamed.

"Hey." He sent a smile back.

Sungjong scrunched up his face in distaste. "Fine, Hyung! I'll go hang out with L.Joe Hyung and the other Hyungs without you! I'm going to call them out here right now!" He threatened, throwing a tantrum while storming out of the room.

"You going to tell me to take a hike yet?" L.Joe raised an eyebrow after watching Sungjong's episode from where he was leaning on the doorway, referring to how Sungyeol would always ask him to leave.

"Thinking about it." Sungyeol smirked. Before he could come up with his conclusion, multiple other voices spoke over him.

"Oh! Hye Ri-yah! L.Joe!" The remaining members of Infinite called.

"Hi Oppas." I greeted with a smile while L.Joe raised his hand in acknowledgement. My eyes did a double take when I realized that they were all bundled up in thick jackets.

"Are you going somewhere, Oppas?" I questioned with wide eyes.

"Something like that." Sunggyu smiled, his eyes barely visible.

"Something like that...?" I mimicked his words with a confused expression, tilting my head.

"We're all going somewhere!" Sungjong excitedly squealed. "So hurry and get bundled up my cute little dongsaeng!~"

My eyes bulged. "But I just got here!" I pouted. "Andwae! I don't want to put that all back on!" I whined, gesturing towards the pile of fluff in the corner. "Oppa! You said that I wouldn't have to wear that anymore!"

"Mian Hye Ri-yah~ You can blame Sungyeol Hyung." Sungjong apologized in a sing-song voice.

"What?!" The mentioned boy panicked.

"Sungyeol Oppa!" I complained as the rest of Infinite and L.Joe laughed whole-heartedly.

--------------------------------------------------

Moments later, I was all bundled up in my multiple jackets, a grim pout on my face. Even though I strongly resisted putting back on the layers of clothing, the guys held me down in order to fatten me up in the fabric and in the end, I was no match for the 7 monsters.

"Don't give me that face Hye Ri-yah. Smile for Oppa, please?" Sungyeol said as I waddled beside him. I shot him an attempt at an unhappy glare for holding me down only to crack a few seconds later, revealing to him a smile. "Aigoo. So cute." He patted my head as if I was a puppy. I scrunched my face up at him before sticking my tongue out and waddling my way over to Sungjong, Sungyeol pouting after me for leaving him.

"Sungjonggie Oppa. What are we doing today?" I asked in curiousity, clinging to his arm so he could pull me along with him.

"It's a secret." He winked divaishly.

"Oppa~" I whined, pouting. "Secrets are no fun unless you share them with everyone!" I reasoned.

He raised a questioning brow. "And who told you that?"

"You!"

He kept a steady gaze on me for a while, his brow still raised as I put on the best puppy face I could manage, begging him to reveal the secret.

"Fine." He caved in to my pleading with a heavy sigh. "We're going..." He trailed off to build up suspense as I leaned closer and closer by the second, desperate to know what he would say next.

"Christmas shopping!" He cheered.

My eyes lit up in excitement. Forgetting... actually ignoring everything else, I began hyperly jumping around screaming words left and right that they slurred together and became unintelligible. "YAY! CHRISTMASSHOPPINGYAY!I'MSOEXCITED!IKNOWWHATTOGETALLOFYOUWAIT-OPPASYOUCAN'TCOMEWITHMEWHENISHOPFORYOUOKAY?ITHASTOBEASURPRISEANDITWOULDN'TBEASURPRISEIF-"

"Okay, okay. We get it." Dongwoo held out his hands in a 'stop' motion while lightly laughing his hyena laugh at my hyperness.

I beamed at him and opened my mouth, about to speak, when I was cut off by tiny fluffs of white drifting down in front of my eyes. "Whaaa~" I said in wonder as I stopped walking and waddled in a circle, enraptured by the white that was beginning to surround me. The scene looked heavenly and the boys standing by me added to the effect. It was a picture taken right out of that place called paradise with the color white as far as the eye can see and those beings called angels surrounding you wherever you were. I gazed around at each face tenderly. They really were my angels, all there to guide and protect me. I held out my mitten clad hand, lightly cupping the small flakes, the first of the year, and observing them as they melted until they became nonexistant, all the while my eyes gleaming with joy.

I spotted L.Joe watching me with a smile on his face as puffs of air escaping his lips due to the cold. With a smile of my own, I cheerily ran towards the pink haired boy, lightly cupping a snowflake in an attempt to cage it in my grasp while keeping in from melting at the same time. Reaching his side, I lightly revealed to him the disappearing white wonder. "Isn't it pretty?" I admired.

"Mhmm." L.Joe agreed with me. I looked up and met eyes with him. Somewhere in the back of my mind, it registered that he was looking at me and not the snowflake, but at the moment, I didn't focused on that. Softly, he swept back a misplaced strand of hair behind my ear and fixed the scarf that hung around my neck. "Thank you L.Joe Oppa!" I thanked gratefully, sending him a warm smile before running off to show off my possession to the other angel-like Oppas.

--------------------------------------------------

When I had mentioned that I didn't want the Oppas with me as I shopped for them, I wasn't kidding. We had arrived at outlet and I wasted no time before I hurriedly shooed away the Infinite Oppas to do their own thing as I shopped. It took a while to assure them that I would be alright on my own... I wouldn't even really be by myself. L.Joe insisted on accompanying me and I only caved to L.Joe's request since he brought up that I would probably get lost on my own and deep down, I really didn't want to go alone. He added that I didn't have to buy him a gift but I totally disregarded that arguement. There's no way I wouldn't buy this pink haired Oppa a gift!

Before heading over to the stores, I decided that it would be a good idea to stop by the food court in order to get some food into our systems cause once I start my Christmas shopping, I won't stop until I find the perfect gift for everyone on my list!

L.Joe sent me off to find an open table for the two of us while he went to buy some quick food. I wanted to tag along with him to find food and spare myself from being alone but instead, I grudgingly pulled myself to finding a table since I'd be more of a help searching for a place to sit in the crowded room than being a L.Joe's personal stalker. 

Sauntering around the area, it wasn't too long before I found myself a spot. Satisfied with myself for being able to catch a table, I plopped down into the seat, reserving the seats for two. Upon sitting down, I began removing my mittens from my fingers and stuffing them into my pockets in order to free my hands for eating and busying myself with some kind of activity, anything to pass time. Too bad that only wasted a few seconds. With nothing better to do, I resorted to tracing miscelaneous figures on the tabletop while waiting for L.Joe to arrive.

A few minutes had passed and I was beginning to feel uneasy. Even in the overly crowded room, my mind somehow found a way to convince myself that I was alone, the responsibility of fending for myself hanging on my shoulders. The anxiety was getting the best of me once again as I searched around my vicinity for that pink tuft of hair. Unable to spot him, I stood up, about to abandon the table when-

"EEP!" I squeaked as an arm took hold of my shoulder from behind. My heart began racing at an unsteady pace as I fearfully turned my head to get a glimpse of the owner of the arm, only to return to a slightly normal pace as I laid eyes on him.

"Were you going somewhere?" He questioned with a raised brow, which I simply shook my head to, not quite able to speak yet. "I'm sorry I left you alone for so long. This place is so crowded, I couldn't find you." I gave him a meek smile, signaling as best I could that it was alright but he shook his head. "I should have just brought you with me." He half mumbled to himself, lightly pushing me down to sit on the chair before taking a seat across from me, laying the tray topped with his loot between us.

I blinked a few times, my gaze locked on the contents of the tray. Eventually, I found my voice. "Pizza, Oppa?"

"Mhmm. Why? Is there something wrong with pizza?"

"No." I shook my head with a smile. "Let's eat!" I dug in, occasionally sneaking glaces at L.Joe eating and giggling from what I saw. I must have been eating just as messily as he was since it wasn't long before he had to reach over to wipe sauce off my face. A light blush tinted my cheeks but I convinced myself to think nothing of it.

"Thank you, Oppa!" I beamed.

He returned the smile accompanied by a light shake of his head. "Taking care of you is like taking care of a little kid."

I scrunched up my face while he simply laughed.

---------------------------------------------------

After finishing our quick, messy meal, we slipped out of the crowded cafeteria, offering ourselves up to the cold once again. I reached into my pockets, attempting to fish out my mittens, only to find that the pair was missing. I frowned, not knowing what to do.

"What's wrong?" L.Joe questioned, catching my frowning face.

"I can't find my mittens... I swear I had them in my pockets... they must have fell..." I bit my lip, looking behind me, scanning the floor for the missing items. I was about retrace my steps in order to locate them when L.Joe blocked me from doing so.

"Give me your hand." He opened him palm, gesturing for me to place mine into his. Hesitantly, I did so and he gently removed one of his gloves from his hand, transferring it to mine. I blinked. What about our other hands? We only have one pair of gloves Oppa! Our other hands will be cold!" I pointed out.

"Nope." He reached for my ungloved hand, clasping it in his, and place our linked palms into the pocket of his jacket. "Not so cold now, is it?" He teased, beginning to walk.

Blushed came upon my cheeks as I trailed behind him, stumbling but never falling behind due to his warm grasp on me.