Chapter -5: How Long

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

"HYE RI!" Six voices frantically called my name the moment they laid eyes on me, causing me to jump in surprise before my expressioned changed.

"Oppas." I breathed before running to them, leaving behind L, who made no move towards the group. They surrounded me and enveloped me in a huge embrace, each letting their worries run like a forgotten faucet in high pitched voices.

"We were so scared!"

"Don't do that again."

"You were here one moment, and gone the next..."

"Why did you run off like that?!"

"Are you hurt anywhere?"

Sunggyu's voice rose above the others'. His eyebrows looked as if they had permenantly knit themselves together on his forehead. "Are you okay?! You're not hurt are you? One moment you were there in front of me, and the next moment you were gone. I don't know what I would have done if you got hurt. It would have been my fault. I should have been better. I'm so sorry, Hye Ri-yah." Sunggyu stressed with watery eyes. Infinite conforted Sunggyu, saying it wasn't his fault, saying they were all to blame in some way or another.

Watching them, my own eyebrows came together and tears started forming. In truth, none of them were at fault. It was entirely mine. I urged myself not to cry since it wouldn't make things better, but my tears ended up flowing freely from my eyes, regardless of my attempts to hold them back. "I'm s-sorry, Op-pas. I-t's none of your f-f-aults." I hiccupped. "I was be-ing s-stupid and didn't th-think. I'm s-s-sorry I made you all w-worry." I kept blubbering on and on, the guilt of making them all worry over my carelessness was eating at me and I began to cry even harder as my gaze shifted from face to face. Even though it was tiring to speak through my tears, I continued on, persuading them that none of them were to blame.

"Shhhh. Shhh. Don't cry. Don't cry. Shhh." Sungjong let me wipe my tears off on his shirt as he continuously chanted his words, water in his own eyes. Sungjong's rocking motion calmed me down and eventually, the hiccups stopped and the tears dried, the occasional sniffle was the only sound that escaped me. Exhausted from my tears, I let my eyes droop until I couldn't make out what the voices around me were saying any longer.

~*Sungyeol's POV*~

Hye Ri's figure visibly slumped, causing my heart to skip a beat. If it hadn't been for Sungjong's arms around her, she most likely would have crumpled to the floor.

"Hye Ri!" My voice came out hysterical.

"It's okay, Hyung. She's sleeping. She's just sleeping." Sungjong quietly reassured me. My heartbeat returned to a slightly normal pace as I helped him position Hye Ri onto his back since he was struggling to hold her up. "Thanks." I simply nodded in response. Looking around, I realized that Myungsoo had just stood by the entire time, apart from the rest of the group. Anger flared in my stomach at the thought that he had been keeping secrets from me- from the group.

I ran over and gripped his collar glaring at him. I wanted to yell at him, to release my anger and lash out at him, but I couldn't find the words to do so. Instead, I opted to piercing through him with my gaze so he could understand what I was feeling.

I don't understand. Why didn't you tell us? Aren't we all brothers? What's so bad about telling us that something was going on between you and Hye Ri? How could you not tell us?

He said nothing. Just looking at me as if he could hear every word that I was thinking.

How could you not at least tell me? You knew all along. You knew about my feelings, but you still decided to keep this to yourself. You couldn't even tell me?! How long has it even been? A week? A couple months? A year?

How long has it been that I had no chance to make her fall for me since she was already yours?!

My hands were shaking, my knuckles turning white. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly before releasing his shirt.

"I didn't tell you because I knew about your feelings for her." Myungsoo spoke with a straight face.

I didn't respond, leaving us to stand in silence until the rest of the group flooded around us.

"What was that about, Yeol?" Sunggyu questioned.

"Nothing." I answered flatly and looked away.