Chapter 27: Who's Oblivious?

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

I kept my distance from Myungsoo, not trusting myself to keep my calm when he was near me. His voice, his pleading, his expression, everything about him lingered in the back of my mind, constantly bugging me like a swarm of bothersome gnats.

I couldn't keep myself from wondering if his words were sincere. Maybe they were. Maybe- But every single time I swayed, I reminded myself of him leaving me, of the kiss he shared with Sumi. What would be his excuse for that? Exactly. There is no excuse.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My phone began vibrating in my pocket, signaling that I had an incoming call. Fishing the phone out of my pocket, I checked the caller id, frowned, and ended up shoving the thing back into my pocket as it continued ringing. It was him, the person that I wanted to talk to the least at the moment. I don't understand why I kept his number in my phone when it would only serve as a reminder of him and how I had carelessly put my trust into such a jerk. I don't want him infecting my phone, do I? If not, I should dispose of his contact this moment.

But then again, what if, for some far-fetched reason, I need to contact him in the future, but I don't have his number? It's better to be safe than sorry, right?

...Why am I even making such a big fuss over this?!

Aish. You know what? I'll just leave it alone. Who cares. At least it lets me know when he's calling so I know not to pick up.

The machine ceased its annoying buzzing, only to start up a moment later. I scrunched my face up in annoyance, just about ready to rip the battery out of the stupid thing. How was I supposed to get him out of my mind when he was constantly calling me?

My phone vibrated one last time and then finally ceased for good, letting me know that someone had left a text. Ignoring it, I decided not to check the message since I had a good idea who it was from. I persuaded myself to keep my mind elsewhere and focus on anything but my cell, but it was difficult. If anything, my phone and the text were the only things occupying my brain. I couldn't help but feel curious as to what words the message held for me; it felt as if my phone was burning a hole through my pocket, doing all it could to catch my attention and break my resolve, persuading me to listen to what it had to say already.

Why do I have to be so freaking curious?! 

I sighed in defeat with a grandeur huff. Giving in to my curiousity, I took my phone out, checking the id. Sungjong, it read, leaving me both satisfied and disappointed. For one thing, it wasn't him, so at least I was reassured that he had given up on contacting me for the moment and I could focus on not thinking about him, but then again, it wasn't him. Maybe, just a small, little, tiny part of me had wanted it to be. Stupid, right? I know.

Frowning, I shook my head violently to clear out the nonsense that was slowly, but surely, creeping in. Instead, I busied myself with Sungjong's text.

From: Sungjong

To: Hye Ri

DONGSAENG DONGSAENG DONGSAENG~ Come over pleassseeeeee. I miss you and the other hyungs do too. Let's hang out okay? I expect you to come! It's an order, kay? You have no choice so come quickly! We're waiting~ Kekeke. <3

Smiling, and seriously contemplating weather Sungjong was truly older than me, I decided to pick up something for Infinite to eat before heading over upon Sungjong's reque- order.

--------------------------------------------------

Holding the bags of various snacks and drinks in my arms, I reached for the door, struggling to land my fist onto the barrier into something that faintly resembled a knock. Just as I was about to let Infinite know of my presence, I stopped myself at the last moment, hearing stifled arguing on the other side. Being my curious self, I pressed myself to the door, wanting to catch more of the conversation. I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't help myself. When it comes to self control and taming my curiousity... well, let's just say it isn't my field of experise.

Concentrating on the muffled voices on the other side of the door, I shifted until I was in a comfortable position where I could listen in on the words being shared without straining myself, all the while keeping the bags safely tucked in my arms.

Only for a little while. I'll listen just for a bit.

"-are you thinking?" Woohyun's prominent voice rang in my ear. He sounded aggravated, as if he were in the middle of scolding someone. "Are you even considering the consequences? Are you thinking about how this will all affect her?" I furrowed my eyebrows, not following the conversation, not understanding why Woohyun was getting so worked up. Heck, I didn't  even know who he was talking to! Silence ensued as Woohyun stopped to let his words soak in to whoever he needed to get through to. After a stretched moment, he took the liberty to speak up once again. "Don't even think about playing dumb, 'cause it won't work. Do you think we're stupid? Think we won't realize?" My skin tingled as chills ran up and down my spine, my body on high alert for some reason that I wasn't sure of myself.

It was as if, somehow, I'd already known what was coming next and my body was warning me to save myself while I still could. I probably should have listened to my instincts and scooted my boot a good 3 meters minimum away, but this is a perfect example of a time where my curiousity got the best of me. No matter how omnious the situation at hand, I couldn't bring myself to tear my being away from my eavesdropping position. The prize of what I would learn if I stayed put was way too enticing to pass, so like an idiot looking for trouble, I decided to ignore my gut feeling and continued listening in on the heated conversation.

"You can't hide things from us; we've known from the beginning. We simply decided to keep quiet for your sake. We pretended to be oblivious; it was your own personal issue and we thought that you would have enough common sense to fix things, but damn wrong we were!" Woohyun fumed. "We know you've been going somewhere else, seeing someone else. It was painstakingly clear that you were up to something, yet you still refused to admit it. Let me tell you something next time you want to pull something as dumb as this. You could at least made your act less obvious. What with your sudden absences and horrible excuses, I'd be impossible for a person not to become suspcious. Did you know that hurts more? You should at least let us stay ignorant, you should at least let her stay ignorant. That way, she wouldn't have to become so depressed knowing that the reason that you haven't been there for her was because you were out doing whatever with her cousin, Myungsoo." I froze in my spot, eyes bugging.

No way, that person couldn't be in there. They couldn't be referring to me. This can't be happening.

The bags slipped from my trembling fingers, making me shriek in surprise. Falling back onto my , I shuffled backwards, wanting to escape. Wanting to free myself from the stifling corridors.

Before I could make my attempt at an escape, the door before me was pulled open, bright light flooding through to the hallway from the now exposed room.

"Hye Ri!" Several voices called in surprise, pleasantly delighted by my spontaneous appearance. The group advanced towards me and on normal circumstances, I would have met them halfway, but not today. I had frozen in place, unable to move no matter how much I screamed at my muscles to take me away. Out of the multiple faces, my mind commanded me to only look at that one. No matter how hard I tried to forget, his face keeps appearing before me, and right now, it only serves as a confirmation to my greatest fears.

Why does it have to be you? Why are you there, everywhere I go?

Making eye contact with me as I was still sprawled out on the floor, though my eyes were locked on another, Woohyun extended his arm towards me, intending to assist me. "Hye Ri-yah. What happened? Here. Lemme-" As he neared, I hastily slapped his hand away, causing him to cease his advancement towards me. A befuddled expression crossed his face as he tried to decipher my actions.

You knew. You all knew it since the beginning, but you simply played stupid. Never thought about informing me, or, at the bare minimum, giving me a sliver of a hint. How cruel can you all be? Weren't we supposed to be close? Weren't we supposed to be family? Family doesn't keep secrets like this. Family isn't supposed to hurt family.

"D-don't." My voice quivered, the feeling of betrayal evident in the air around me; I could feel it seeping through my pores. "Don't come any closer." I whispered painfully.

"What? Hye Ri, why-"

"You all knew!" I exploded before he could speak, eyes burning with the tears that wouldn't fall just yet. "You knew yet you didn't tell me. You scold him, but have you considered anything about your own actions? You had your suspicions since the very beginning, yet you all let me go on with my stupid naivety, thinking it would be fine to keep the whole thing from me although the outcome would hurt me most. I don't understand at all. Why?" My voice cracked as I questioned them, and like the finishing blow to an unstable dam, the waterworks were let loose, the tears poured uncontrollably from my sad eyes, blurring my vision.

Dissapointed.

I'm so dissapointed.

Hurt.

It hurts so much.

Why?

Why did they feel the need to hide things from me?

I don't understand. I simply can't wrap my head around any logical reasoning.

Without another word, I soundlessly pulled myself up onto my shaky legs, using the walls for support when I needed it. I stumbled a bit, and instantaneously, I felt their presence shadowing me, reaching to steady me. "Don't touch me." I seethed coldly, the fresh tears still staining my cheeks. "I don't want any of you to lay a hand on me." With my final sentence, I sauntered off, leaving the boys in silence.

I made a tumblr if anyone wants to follow [please ;;^;;]~ hehe. Yes. Shameless advertising. ;P

I love you all :) See you guys sooonnnnnnn <3