New Boyfriends

iPod Boyfriend : It's Not Just An App

 

“Noona!” Minwoo ran towards you.

“Neh?” You looked at him with your eyes widened.

“I’m hungry” He pouted.

“Yah! I’m right over here holding the food container and why do you have to go and ask her instead?” It was Donghyun. He was sitting right next to you while the others were having fun playing at the beach.

Youngmin and Kwangmin were chasing each other after Kwangmin pushed him into the water and now Youngmin was soaking wet. Jeongmin and Hyunseong were playing beach volleyball with some random guys and girls they met and asked to play along. Donghyun on the other hand was tired after a round of chasing with Minwoo and he just wanted to rest. So he sat right next to you for the past ten minutes.

“Stop scolding him oppa” You said to Donghyun and took the food container from him. You moved closer to Donghyun and patted the now empty space on your left. “Come and sit here” You said to Minwoo. With his glistening eyes, he smiled and took your offer.

He took a kimbab from the food container and shoved it into his mouth. You couldn’t help but to smile looking at him eating the kimbab deliciously. After his third kimbab, Youngmin and Kwangmin stopped chasing each other. They saw that Minwoo was eating next to you so they started to run towards you as well.

“Noona! No fair!” They pouted cutely. With their almost perfect mirrored faces, you giggled lightly. You looked on your right to now the annoyed hyung.

“Here you go” You opened another container and it revealed some pancakes. You gave it to the twins and they ate on the mat silently.

Jeongmin and Hyunseong had now stopped playing and they were approaching you as well. Silently, they took a sit beside the younger three and you handed another container for them to eat. You took out the juice boxes from your bag and handed it out to every one of them. Donghyun shook his head when you offered the juice. He seemed somewhat like a jealous son that his Omma ignored him and tended his younger brothers instead.

You ignored Donghyun and played with the rest of the new rookie group members who were now your close friends. Today was their free day so they decided to go out with you. The entertainment world were already well known that you and them were close to each other since you appeared in their M Pick! Shows and they also appeared in your shows. There was one time that you had to bring a close celebrity friend in a variety show that you were a part of, and you brought Minwoo. Your variety show’s members were shock that you brought a rookie group’s member instead of a label-mate from YG Entertainment. After you explained, fans started to match you with them in all kind of way. They even create fan fics with you and Donghyun as lovers, you and Jeongmin, Hyunseong, Kwangmin, Youngmin and even the young Minwoo. Although you liked the fact that you were close to them now, but the fans liked it even more. They thought that it was cute.

“Orh? ____, what is this? They looked like us?” Donghyun suddenly said. He was playing with your iPod. He always listened to songs on your iPod or just playing games in there. You didn’t mind but you suddenly reminded about the video that your boyfriends did for you.

“What is it?” You quickly crawled next to him and take a look on the screen. Your guess was right. He was watching the video that the boys made.

Upon hearing Donghyun’s sentence, the members started to gather around him to watch the video. You didn’t do anything nor prevent them from watching it. You just let them watch it from afar and smiled from afar too. You had been contemplating to tell them about it. Now that they found it out on their own, you finally had the chance to tell them. After the video finished, they all looked at you, hoping you would explain to them.

“We never remember shooting a video with you? And the house, we don’t think we ever saw that” Donghyun said when he didn’t receive any respond from you. You just smiled.

“Noona. I kissed you?” Jeongmin asked referring to the kiss that your Jeongmin stole while playing the game with you that night before they went missing.

You lightly shook your head. You eyes pooled with tears. Not because you were sad, it was unexplainable. You had been keeping it from them and secretly wished that they were actually your boyfriends back when the application came to your iPod. When you became friends with them, you actually pretended that they were actually your old boyfriends. They boyfriends that you used to love and had fun with. Since their personality and the way they act were exactly like your boyfriends, it ease your heart a bit and they tended the wound in your heart unknowingly. You opened your bag and took out the book that Minwoo and you made. It was the cardboard copy, not the real one. You always brought it with you no matter where you go nowadays.

“Come here. I’ll show you” You put the book onto your laps and the boys gathered around you. You began to tell them the fairy tale that you and Minwoo created. On the last page of the book, there were signs and short messages from the boys to prove that they were actually existed and it was not a dream. “This book was made by me and Minwoo” Minwoo looked at you confused. “It’s not you. It’s a Minwoo that I used to know” You paused and put the book beside you.

You looked at them with warm smile.

“I’m going to explain to you this weird story that happened to me almost five years ago. But  first, don’t laugh and the most important thing is, I wanted you to know that I’m not crazy. Will you believe me?” You asked them.

They didn’t say a thing but they nodded willing to listen to your story since they were too, confused by the video that they saw.

“Five years ago, I was a girl that everybody hated. My life was miserable and people would hardly see a smile on my face. You know Chocolat group?” You asked. They nodded. “They were actually my high school –mates. Tia, Melanie and Juliane used to dump sour milk on me and pushed me into the drain. They always bullied me back then.” You chuckled.

“But they’re one of your best friends now right?” Hyunseong asked. You nodded.

“An application for my iPod came into my life and it became a turning point for me. A boyfriend application that I thought was just merely an application, turned my life around” They listened to you intensely. “I created six boys with the application and they treated me just like their girlfriend because they were created to be the boyfriend that would protect me and make me happy in any other way” You continued. “But things got weirder when they actually live not inside my iPod, they could jump out from it and come to life” You explained.

“Eyy! No way!” Jeongmin chuckled awkwardly. Donghyun elbowed him a little signaling him to stop.

“I know it’s impossible” You smiled. “But it’s real. They could jump out and I could come to their world. The video that you saw, it was taken at their home. The house is their home. The place that they stayed in. Ironically, the boyfriends that I created looked exactly like the six of you and had the same name, age, and even personality. It’s crazy. Remember when I suddenly jumped onto you when we met for the first time in my dressing room?” You looked at Jeongmin. He nodded. “This is the reason why. They had a mission and their mission was to make me happy. After the talent show, my life changed and people stopped hating on me. Kids began to befriend with me and the Chocolat girls stopped bothering me. Instead, they became friends with me. They completed their mission, so they had to go. This book,” You patted on the book. “Me and Minwoo made this book on our last date together inside my room. We had fun making the book. And the video that you saw, it was made on the last night I met them. My iPod suddenly broken and I had to repair it. When I managed to turn the iPod back again, the application was gone along with the boys. They left me a note and this video. These are the only thing that I had to remind me of them” You were referring to the video, book and their last note.

“You missed them so much and we reminded you of them” Donghyun said. You nodded with still a smile on your lips. It was hard, but you tried. Tears started to pool again.

“Noona” Minwoo called. You look at him. “We’re never going to leave you” He put his hand on your shoulder.

“That’s what they said” You laughed bitterly.

“It’s true. We’re not going to leave you. Right guys?” Jeongmin looked at s.

“We’re not going to leave you again” Youngmin and Kwangmin said in unison.

“Even though we’re not your boyfriends, we’re going to treat you just like how they treated you before” Hyunseong assured you.

“We’re going to finish what they started, girlfriend” Donghyun smiled to you sweetly. Upon hearing the word girlfriend, you burst into tears.

The six boys gathered around you and wrapped their arms around you for a big hug. Just like old times. They didn’t stop you from crying, but they cooed you with a song that you love the most, Good Days, the song that Hyunseong created for you. You couldn’t express how much you were thankful that they were there for you.

Guys, you heard that? Even though you’re not here anymore, I got six friends that look and act exactly like you. I’m happy now. The short moment that we shared together back than would be forever in my heart. I’d cherish it forever and even though they are not the same boyfriends that had changed my life, I’m happy that they even existed. Thank you Donghyun oppa, Hyunseong oppa, Jeongmin oppa, Youngmin, Kwangmin, and Minwoo. I miss you.

I love you.