Melody

iPod Boyfriend : It's Not Just An App

 

Your smile tightened as you zoned out. You couldn’t imagine what it’s like to be on stage. You didn’t even have the confidence to reveal your face, how could you possibly stood on the stage? It was just impossible. Your breath suddenly unbalanced. You were slightly panting while you thought about the feelings while you’re up on stage. You felt suffocated.

“Not a chance!” You said sternly as you turn around. “Oh come on girlfriend!” The three of them chorused. It was loud enough for the whole class to hear.

Girlfriend?”

“Girlfriend?”

“Girlfriend?”

“Oh shoot” You face palmed your face while the other three bit their lower lips feeling rather sorry.

 


 

You arrived inside your room as you survived the constant glaring and hateful comments from the students after the story about you having three boyfriends being spread. You didn’t know how to stand up for yourself. The boys too, were caught off guard. You told the Chocolat that you were cousins and the whole school found out about that too. Now that they called you girlfriend, you know things wouldn’t get pretty if Chocolat found out that you lied to them. But for the mean time, you didn’t want to think. You sat on your bed after taking your bath and slide the iPod screen open. You were now feeling attached to the application. Having the urge of wanting to check on them in every five minutes that you had. Surprisingly, in just less than 2 weeks, you felt the little spark between you and them. You missed them every now and then but of course, you being you wouldn’t know how to express your feelings. You never even have any experience being around boys since you never had a person to call a friend. Till the boys came in. Your life kind of changed.

“Anyeong!” You greeted them as soon as you clicked Jeongmin’s thumbnail. Jeongmin and the rest of the boys were chilling in their living room. Minwoo, Kwangmin and Youngmin still had their school uniform on. You guessed that they went straight to be with their hyungs.

“Girlfriend!” Their face brightened upon seeing you.

“We heard about the audition! Girlfriend! You have to audition for it!” Donghyun held up a fist and pumped it up to show a ‘fighting’ sign.

You gently shook your head.

“I can’t” Your voice toned down.

“Why?” Jeongmin asked.

“I’m not good enough. I can’t even sing” You confessed.

The boys put on a thinking face.

“Ah! Don’t worry! I can help you with that!” Donghyun raised his hand.

“True! Donghyun hyung is a great singer! And I could help with the dancing!” Minwoo stood up.

“I’ll help you with your stage performance!” Youngmin stood up and do the ‘Buing Buing’ aegyo.

“I’ll help you with your wardrobe! I’ll be your codi oppa!” Jeongmin grinned.

“Do you have a song to sing?” Kwangmin asked. You shook your head.

“I’ll help you with that then” Hyunseong smiled softly.

“What do I do then?” Kwangmin asked.

“You? You just watch and read your books” Jeongmin ruffled his hair.

“Yah! Hyung!” He whined as he fixed his hair. You giggled by their playfulness.

“Let’s start then!” Hyunseong stood up.

“Now? But I didn’t even agree on that!” You protested.

“You don’t have an option girlfriend” Kwangmin said and he chuckled. You pouted as your screen followed Hyunseong to wherever he was leading you.

 


 

Hyunseong leaded you to Kwangmin’s room. You were wondering indeed why did he brought you to Kwangmin’s room even though he had his own room.

“Oppa. Why did you brought me to Kwangmin’s room?” You asked.

“Because I don’t have a piano and since we’re composing a song, we needed to use the piano. It’s hard to compose a song with a guitar” He explained.

“Compose?” Your eyes widened. You didn’t know he could do that. It was not in his personality. Well, not on the form that you set.

“Yeah. Compose” He said nonchalantly and sat by the keyboard that you put inside Kwangmin’s room in case he wanted to play, but you never had a chance to see him play. You didn’t even know if he could even play the keyboard that you gave.

“You can do that?” You asked feeling a tiny doubt in your mind.

“A ballad or a dance?” He asked ignoring your previous question.

“I don’t know” You answered.

He paused before he smiled.

“Since Minwoo is helping you with the dance, it’ll be fun to sing a dance song. Isn’t it?” He cracked his fingers and started to bang on the piano.

He made a lot of melodies. He experimented with each and every key on the keyboard. He went from high to low, from A to F, from sad to happy and every other thing that you could possibly do. As you heard him playing the notes, you were inspirited by one of his melody. You kind of like it, but there’s something not right in it.

“Oppa. Play the previous one again” You asked. He did. You smiled. “Oppa, I want you to hear this” You walked to the ‘real’ keyboard on one corner of your room.

“Girlfriend, plug in your iPod to your keyboard” He said.

“Why?”

“You’ll see”. You went to your drawer and took out the jack to your iPod and plugged it in on your iPod before you plugged it to your keyboard later.

You suddenly heard a note from your keyboard. Even one of the key that played before sunk in. You were trying to make sense how did the keyboard play by itself? Then it played again. A few keys on the keyboard sunk this time with the sound of it coming from your keyboard. Then you saw Hyunseong playfully pressing on his keyboard, and your piano sang again.

“Wha-“ Your jaw dropped open. You could hear the chuckling came from Hyunseong.

“Try pressing a key” He requested. You did, and you saw that the key to Hyunseong’s piano sunk this time.

“Omo! So we can play the piano together?” You guessed. Hyunseong gave a light nod with a smile on his face.

“Daebak!” You clapped. He chuckled again. “Ah! Oppa! Could you please play the melody again? The one that I asked you to repeat”

He did. You as you saw your keyboard’s key sinking, you tried to memorize the sound and which key made the sound. After he ended, you asked him to listen to your rendition. You played to the melody that Hyunseong created but with  a little more flavor and it sounded cuter than what Hyunseong played, perfect if you’re going to sing while dancing.

“Omo! That’s perfect!” Hyunseong clapped. “Now all we have to do is to write the lyrics and we’re done!” Hyunseong said while clapping his hands together with you.



 

AUTHOR'S NOTE : 

Wohoooo~ Sorry for not updating sooner an I cutted down one chapter last night because I was too worn off.. T.T.. Enjoy the chapter! New feature had been introduced!