A Date : Old Song

iPod Boyfriend : It's Not Just An App

 

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa” Minwoo voiced out the sound from his mouth while he rested his head on the sofa.

“Close your mouth or fly will make babies in there” You covered his mouth with your palm.

Minwoo immediately darted up from his position and sat properly on the sofa. You and the rest of the boyfriends were hanging out at their living room. You were so bored that you had nothing to do, so you decided to play with the boys instead.

“There’s no flies in this world Noona” He rolled his eyes.

“Whatever” You carefully lifted Youngmin’s head from your laps and carefully put his head on the sofa pillow that you placed to replace your laps. You didn’t want to wake the sleeping prince. You got up from your seat and went to sit beside Hyunseong who was watching T.V intensely. Donghyun and Kwangmin were reading the book you and Minwoo created on your date for the nth times. They loved the book so much. Jeongmin on the other hand were making snacks in the kitchen.

“Oppa” You called cutely. Hyunseong turned his head to face you.

“Hmm?” He answered softly. He was sitting on the floor with his feet stretched straight and he had his palms facing the rugged floor with his arms straightened to support his weight.

“Oppa. We never had been on a date before huh?” You stated, slightly blush. You and him had the most awkward relationship since he didn’t speak too much but the awkwardness between the two of you were not severe. You still talk to each other and he still helps you when time in need.

“Yeah. You wanna go on a date with me?” He asked knowing what you meant by your sudden question.

“Do you wanna go with me?” You were fidgeting with your button.

He nodded with a smile on his face. He didn’t say anything but he stood up and grabbed your hand to help you stand up too. He then dragged you to the stairs.

“Hyung! Where are you going with girlfriend?” Jeongmin appeared from the kitchen with some sandwiches and juices for the boys and you.

Hyunseong ignored him and continued to walk stepping on the flight of stairs. You followed him suit. He then stopped in front of his room. He opened the door and pushed it to let you in.

“What should I wear for our date then?” He asked.

“Hurmm. You want me to choose?” You asked. He didn’t reply instead, he just nodded. You didn’t say anything after that too. So you opened his closet to find tons of clothes inside. Too many to pick. “Ahh. It’s going to take a while then”

 


 

The two of you were just walking passing various stores and peoples. With no place in mind, the two of you just nonchalantly walking with silence that overwhelmed the two of you. It was too awkward. You didn’t know what to do. You didn’t have any topic in mind to talk about and you’re not confident enough to hold his hand.

“Girlfriend” He suddenly called. You didn’t know why but your heart suddenly beat a little faster. Maybe it was because the two of you shared too long of a silence. With him starting a conversation, it suddenly became special.

“Neh?” You looked at him.

“Want to listen to some songs while we’re walking?” He asked. You nodded a little. Maybe that would lessen the awkwardness between the two of you. He took out your iPod that you asked him to keep for you from his pocket. He then put on the right earphone to you while he wore the left one. You thought that he was going to let you to listen to your iPod alone, instead he was talking about listening the songs together. You took the earphone and stuck it in your right ear. He scrolled the list on your iPod and found a song that he thought the two of you might like. It was ‘Girlfriend’ by Jay Park. Yes you like that song very much. He made a perfect choice.

As the two of you were walking too further apart, the earpiece kept on fell from your ear or his ear so it kind of a bothersome. Seeing that it kept on occurring, he wrapped his left arm around your shoulder. He didn’t say a thing but you knew why he did that. You looked at him who had his eyes fix on the walking pavement. You smiled a little with your cheek flushed in pink. As the two of you kept walking, his hand got tired, so he lowered his arm a little and held on to your waist instead of your shoulder. He was hesitating at first judging by how soft his touch was but then he pulled you closer to him as he was getting comfortable around you. You didn’t object either. He was not the kind that shows affection. Seeing him acting like that, you thought that you were special to him. You were happy.

“Orh? A music instruments shop!” You pointed to the shop on your left.

“Let’s go” He brought you towards the shop and the two of you entered the shop.

“Welcome! What are you looking for?” One of the staff greeted you.

“Can we look at piano?” You politely asked.

“Please walk this way” The staff brought the two of you to the piano show room. The shop was big. They got everything there. You were so happy with all the instruments inside the shop. You could see that Hyunseong had the sparks in his eyes too. He was enjoying the visit to the shop since he loves music as well.

The staff left the two of you alone inside the piano showroom. You pulled out the earpiece in your ear and handed it to Hyunseong. He took it and kept your iPod back inside his pocket. He took out his earpiece a while ago after entering the shop.

“Wah! Oppa! This is so pretty!” You were touching a light purple colored grand piano. It was pretty and you love it.

Hyunseong didn’t say anything instead, he took a seat on the stool in front of the light purple piano. After he settled himself down, he patted the space beside him. The stool was long so it had a lot of space beside him. You slowly made your way towards him and sat on the same stool. He lifted up the keys cover and looked at you. You smiled at him sweetly. He put his fingers on the key ready to play. He took a deep breath and started to play. Soon enough, his mouth opened and he started to sing along with the sweet melody that he was making.

Throughout the song, you couldn’t look elsewhere then his face. He looked so honest and pure while singing the song. He was one man who preferred action rather than words. You understood the reason he didn’t spoke much was because you created him that way. You didn’t get annoyed or angry each time he answered you with just a short answer because deep inside him, you knew all right that he loved you just like how the rest of the boyfriends love you and you love them. It was all equal. No bias and you knew that he loved you more than anything.

As he was singing, bids of tears began to appear inside your eye bags. It was not because you were sad because he did something wrong. Instead, the way he sang the song, his voice, his emotion, everything. It was so emotional that you couldn’t help but to feel touched. Soon enough, the song ended. You could hear claps from all around you. Both of you lifted your head and looked around the showroom who were now filled with the shop staffs and a few customers. They had been watching him singing and playing the piano all along.

He looked at you and he smiled to you. Your tears fell as your eye bags couldn’t contain the tears anymore. He caressed your face with both of his palms and under your eyes with his thumbs to wipe the tears away. You smiled to him with a loving gaze. Although he didn’t say much, his actions made your stomach twisted and made your heart fluttered. He stood up and bowed a little as he said thank you to the audience. They bowed back as mannered and walked out from the showroom.

“Let’s go” he stretched out his hand for you to take.

 


 

The date ended nicely and you were now in his room after worn out of walking for the whole day. You became closer now and he talked more to you than before although most of the time he preferred to be silent and just hold your hand to let you know that he was still there. Right now you were sitting at the edge of his back with him beside you. He had his palm on top of the back of your hand on his bed.

“You had fun oppa?” You asked.

“Hurm. It was fun. I’m sorry that I couldn’t do like the rest of the boys did. Fancy dates. Mine was just plain. I’m sorry” He sounded disappointed.

“Ani oppa. I had fun. And when you played the piano back in the music shop, I was the happiest girl alive” You chuckled.

“But you even cried” He laughed halfheartedly.

“You played so well, I felt touched. That’s why” You pouted.

“Arasso” He pulled your shoulder closer to him for a hug and he pulled you down on his bed with him.

You were shocked with the sudden action came from him. You didn’t expect he would do that at all. The two of you were now cuddling on his bed while holding on to each other’s hand on his chest. You had your head rested on his broad chest while he was starring at his ceiling. His other hand supported your back so you would feel comfortable.

“I’m sorry. But this is all I can give you to make you happy” He was half whispering.

“Ani oppa. Don’t say that” He cuddled closer to him.

“Action speaks louder than words. I want you to remember that when you’re with me so you wouldn’t think that I don’t love you” He stated. He gave you a light kiss on the tip of your head.

“I just want to stay like this tonight” You close your eyes when you heard no reply from him. 



 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Harro! So how was the date? It was pretty plain compared to the others date huh? I'm lost of ideas for juicy date.. so this was the only thing that I came out with since Hyunseong is not the playful kind in his character and he didn't speak much and he's kind of shy so I couldn't so much skinship with his character and yours but I tried to squeeze in some sweet scenes between them. They still held hands and all.. just no kiss on the lips.. lolol..their personality would just be the same if i did that.. its like 'you' is very bad for making out with evrybody.. T.T.. 

So the song that Hyunseong 'sang' was actually a song called 'Old Song' by Kim Dong Ryul.. but the video that i embeded was a cover from THE awesome JasonLim1993 .. 

I love him so make sure to check out his channel.. lolol.. and and and.. you knew that me and my twin made a poster shop right? so go and request THERE!