Where Are They?

iPod Boyfriend : It's Not Just An App

 

“_____, you sure you don’t want to celebrate?” Chaejin asked. He was one of your new best friends now. Before this, he was the one who teased you a lot and he always hang out with the Chocolat girls, so he also involved in pranking you back then. But now? Well, things changed. Thanks to the boys who gave you courage to stand on stage and now that people saw the real you, they started to accept you, little by little. Now that the boys were no longer with you, Chaejin was the one who always stood by your side. No he’s not your boyfriend. He’s your friend. A close one.

“It’s alright. I’m good” You turned down the invitation politely.

“Oh come on _____! Graduation is not every day you know?” Juliane said. You were shock? Don’t be.

The annual Talent Show, the one that was held two years ago two months after the boys were gone, the Chocolat girls won the talent show, but there was a twist too. The Chocolat girls were scouted by S.M entertainment and YG Entertainment who watched the whole talent show, decided to offer a spot for the contestant of the talent show. And yes, you were chosen. So now, you were officially a trainee at their company. Your dream came true. Thanks to the boys. You used everything that they thought you. You improvised the song that you and Hyunseong composed together and you also practiced harder for the choreography, thinking about Minwoo with every step that you made while you dance. It still hurt, but you managed to stand tall as Shin _____, a trainee of YG Entertainment. Not Shin _____, the girl who people hates.

“I have training early in the morning” You gave out your excuse.

“_____, you think we don’t have training?” Tia snickered. “Shut your mouth and just come with us” She put her arm on your shoulder and dragged you with her. “We’ll never see you around anymore next year, we’re going to miss the pranking that we always do to you” She chuckled.

“Yah! How could you!” You poked her side.

“Okay okay! Sorry!” Tia said and in the end, you followed them to celebrate your graduation with them.

Two years went down the drain, everything went by just like that. You would still think about the boys every now and then. How could you forget when you could practically see them lingering around your room. Their smell, you could still smell them. You still remember their smells. You would read the book that you wrote with Minwoo every night before going to bed. You had the book printed on cardboard and made it a big thick book just like how a fairy-tale supposed to be. You kept the original copy safely inside your room. You didn’t want it to rip it or anything. That’s why you did that since you would read the book every night. You memorized all the texts. You knew what picture going to come up next, and who drew it, you knew it like in the back of your hands. The reason you keep reading it all over again because it was the only way you could remember Minwoo’s writing. His drawings, every he made, you wanted to be reminded by them. You didn’t want to forget him.

Then you would read your history book when you’re bored. Your novel, you didn’t even touch them anymore. Your history text book was now your best friend. You remembered everything that Kwangmin taught you. Now, you never failed to earn an A+ on your history. You read them too much. You remembered everything. Just like how you memorized Minwoo’s book. You would watch the video recording when you wanted to see their face, to hear their voices. They left them to you, so you wouldn’t forget them. And thanks to them, those stuffs what made you stronger. Those stuffs were the one who helped you to get back on your feet, and keep on living without regret and with a smile on your face every single day without failing.

Two years without them, your parents still asking who was your boyfriend back then, but you would always answer ‘He’s long gone Appa’ and walked away. They didn’t say a thing after that. But they were proud of you that you were now became very much braver than before, and the fact that you’re one of YG trainee made them even more happier now that your just one step away from your dream.

“You still remember the twins with the boy that always sticks with _____ two years ago?” Melanie suddenly brought it back. Your heart felt like it was stabbed to thousand pieces. The pain was crucial. You didn’t say a word but you continued to sip on your juice. You couldn’t blame her. She didn’t know the story. They boys just disappeared. You didn’t know how to explain.

“Yeah. Where are they? It’ll be great if they’re here with us. If they were, they should be with us right now, celebrating our graduation day” Juliane said.

“I didn’t even get to properly apologize to them for what I did to you back then” Tia looked down on her laps.

You patted on her shoulder lightly telling her it was okay.

“I know they forgave you already. Besides, it had been two years. We’re friends now, aren’t we?” You comforted her. It’s true that it had been two years.

“Best friends” Tia added. You smiled to her. Best friends. When they found out you were scouted to YG, they decided to drop the stupid pranks on you and threw away their pride to apologize. They knew you were more than what they thought before. That you shouldn’t be treated like that. Since they apologized, they had been sticking up together with you through ups and down. The girls weren’t bad at all. Sure they play around and joke around with the kids but when it came to friendship, they were loyal. They never left you even when you crashed rock bottom. When you accidentally pushed a girl down the drain, they covered it for you. They knew if you did just one thing wrong, your parents would send you away from the school. They took the blame for you just so you could graduate in the same school. They said that they did too much to you, the only thing they could do to pay that back was to stick up for you in any time, laughs or tears all year long.

“Thanks guys”

 


 

You went to your book shelve and took out Minwoo’s fairy-tale book. You had washed yourself and changed yourself. You no longer live with your parents since you’re a trainee now. You moved out a year ago after YG decided that you need to be train intensely. At least you got your own room even though you had to share the apartment with other trainees. You sat down on your bed and turned to the page where Minwoo drew all the boyfriends including you on the page.

“Guys” You called.

There were no answers.

“I graduated today” You said. “I knew you’d be congratulating me right now” You giggled softly. “Urm. Melanie missed Youngmin, Kwangmin and Minwoo. Juliane said it would be great if the three of you still be here. You would already graduate along with me. Right?”

No answers.

“Anyhow, I’ll go to bed now. I got to train tomorrow. Good night boys” You kissed the page and closed the book putting it next to your pillow. You close your eyes and imagined that the boys were watching you sleeping just like how they used to do before. A silent tear slid from your eyes, unconsciously. 



 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

It's heartbreaking seeing 'you' like this huh? me too.. OTL