Weird Emotions

iPod Boyfriend : It's Not Just An App

 

“Girlfriend, we miss you!!!” Donghyun and Jeongmin yelled from the other side of the screen. Hyunseong was there too but he just did a heart sign instead of yelling your name.

“Awh! I miss you too! What have you guys been up to while I was in school?” You asked.

“We were editing the video that we took last night” Jeongmin answered.

“Ah! Really? Show me when it’s done okay?” You smiled brightly. They nodded in return.

While you were talking with the older three, suddenly Kwangmin, Youngmin and Minwoo came down from the stairs one after another. The four of you just came back from school. You got on your iPod as soon as you got home as you felt the urge to do so. You didn’t know why but you missed them all of the sudden and you wanted to see their face, listen to them talking. You just wanted to do so. You didn’t even change your uniform yet but you ate with the boys on your way home.

“Noona!” Minwoo joined the boys in the living room, talking to you through the screen.

“Anyeong Minwoo!” You waved your hand.

Then the twins joined. The group was now perfect. The seven of you shared funny stories at school and they older three intensely listened to the story. How the school suddenly changed. Since you didn’t wear your spectacles to school anymore that you started to wear contact lens, and since the audition day, your life changed. The kids started to greet you and the boys started to smile at you. Although your three boyfriends would be so jealous, but you were happy that everything went alright.

Chocolat on the other hand, didn’t even care to bug you anymore. They doubled their practice time for the Annual Talent Show so that they could be scouted to the Big Three companies and make a debut just like how you wanted. Your life totally changed now. You were not the sad, nerdy girl that everybody hates. You’re now a beautiful girl with beautiful voice and cute apparel that everybody wanted to be friend with. Although it’s too early to say that everybody loves you, but you gained some friends at school today. You classmate began to talk to you and the boys didn’t bug you anymore. There were no more disgusted look on their face. Just sweet smiles and warm greetings. You liked it that way.

Suddenly, the atmosphere became awkward that all of you stopped talking. You looked closely to your screen. You could see that the boys had an expression that you never saw before. Sadness. They looked sad and solemn.

“Guys! What’s wrong?” You asked cheerfully trying to change back the mood. You saw that their faces lifted up again. But you knew that they were just faking the smile.

“Nothing, it’s just suddenly got quiet. Maybe the maknae is too tired to talk” Donghyun patted on Minwoo. He just nodded and smiled tightly in return.

The conversation fell silent again. You didn’t know what happened but they seemed like they were keeping something from you. Something that they didn’t want you to know and they looked like as if they were in really deep pain by keeping it from you.

“Girlfriend” Kwangmin called.

“Neh?” You smiled even though its hard with the boys suddenly changed.

“How do you think you would do if you never downloaded the application?” He suddenly asked. You were shocked. You didn’t know how to answer. Somehow it was like you knew what he was talking about.

“Nothing would change. I would never gain this much confidence to stand in front of a lot of people, to let go of my spectacles, to be able to laugh, smile, and to feel how was it to be in love with somebody” you paused. “No. With six boyfriends” You smiled. “Six awesome boyfriends” You added.

You could see a sincere smiles from them this time.

“Guys” You called softly. The atmosphere was still not in a good term.

They didn’t say anything but they looked deep in your eyes through the screen, all focus on whatever you were about to say.

“Are… Are you-“ You stopped. Your eyes suddenly stung and you felt the hot sensation from your eyes. You felt your heart suddenly squeezed and you felt pain. For the first time in your life, you felt the pain of a broken heart. Or at least you thought so. “Are you leaving me?” You forced yourself to spit the words out even though it was hard. Your eye bags were now full but it was not up to that point that it would spill anytime soon.

“Ani! What are you talking about?” Donghyun waved his palms. He smiled cheerfully this time. Seeing his expressions, the other boys followed him.

“No girlfriend! We are not leaving you! Not ever!” Jeongmin added.

“I don’t like liars” You pouted.

“We are not lying. It’s true” Hyunseong smiled this time around. He spoke the least. Somehow, you wanted to believe him.

“Promise?” You held out your pinkie.

“We promise” They chorused with their pinkies up.

You said that you wanted to change your uniform first so you told them that you would be right back. You didn’t close the application; you just put it on your bed. You went straight to your bathroom, washed yourself and changed into a comfortable house clothes. Before you could jump back on your bed to continue with your conversation with the boys, you heard somebody knocked on the door. You opened the door and it revealed your maid.

“Mrs. Shin. Do you want anything to eat?” She asked.

“No. I’m good. I ate with my friends on my way back just now” You explained.

“Okay than. I shall continue with my work” She said and excused herself. You closed the door and went back to your bed.

You picked up your iPod and tapped on the screen to make the light flash but nothing happened.

“Eh?” You tilted your head. You tapped the screen again, swapping your fingertip on the screen again and again but it didn’t work. You tried pushing the lock button multiples of times this time. Still, nothing worked. “Ah! Maybe it ran out of batteries”

You stood up and charged your iPod. When you plugged in your iPod, nothing happened to it. No light, no sign saying that it was charging.

“What’s wrong with this iPod?” You tried every way to turn it on but nothing did.

It’s.. It’s broken?



 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Hurm.. I don't have any mood to leave a note. This chapter saddens me.. ;(