I Feel So Lonely!

iPod Boyfriend : It's Not Just An App

 

You went to your room again with a box of apple juice in your right hand and a chocolate bar in your left. You sipped on your juice and flied on top of your bed. You dropped your chocolate bar on your bed and took your iPod to check whether it was done processing your ‘boyfriend’ or not. When you check on the screen, it showed that it was done.

“Oh?  It’s done!” Then you were brought to the Boyfriend entry page.

 

boyfriend1.jpg

Only Donghyun’s thumb nail was there since Donghyun was the first ‘boyfriend that you created. You clicked on the thumbnail and His picture expanded and it suddenly moved on the screen. It was almost like a video call that you usually do with your friends.

 

“Hi girlfriend! I am Boyfriend no 1, Kim Donghyun!” He bowed to show you respect. “Thank you for creating me” He waved at you vigorously. Smile never left his face. “What is your name girlfriend?” He asked. You hesitated to answer because you thought there was no way he could see or hear you since he was just a virtual boyfriend that you created using your iPod. It just doesn’t make any sense. “Girlfriend? Why didn’t you answer me?” He asked again when there was no reply from you.

“Y-you can s-see me?” You stuttered pointing at yourself while you held your iPod in front of your face. You heard him chuckled lightly.

“Of course I can hear you. Aish! You are so cute! Why do you have to be so cute? Just my style of girl!” He laughed again. You blushed by his comment.

Get a grip of yourself! He’s just a virtual guy that YOU created!

You slapped your face a few times to make sure that you were not actually dreaming.

“Why are you hurting yourself girlfriend?” He paused. “You still haven’t told me your name!” He frowned.

“Err. I’m _____. Shin _____” You replied. Even though you hesitated, you still replied his question.

“_____? I love your name. It suited your pretty face perfectly!” He said from the iPod. You blushed again by his question. “How old are you?” He asked again. He does have a lot of question. Since you were the one who created him, you had nothing to ask him.

“I’m seventeen.” You smiled.

“Hey _____. From now on, I’m your boyfriend and I shall protect you!” He paused. “Even though I only can see you but I can’t touch you” He frowned again.

“Don’t worry! I’ll come and visit you everyday okay?” You said to cheer him up. Donghyun put on his thinking face and he snapped his virtual fingers.

“Why don’t you make more boyfriends? I could use some company in here. It’s kind of lonely” He pouted.

“You’re not going to be jealous of that?” You giggled. “It’s wrong for a girl to have more than one boyfriend you know?”

“No. I’m not going to be jealous. We boyfriends are created to cheer you up and make you happy. I won’t be jealous. Besides, the more you create them, I have more company in here! As you can see, my world is pretty spacious and….. Boring” He sighed.

“What should I do then?” You asked.

“Why don’t you start by customizing my room?” He looked around the empty space around him. “This is too empty!” He screamed and his voice echoed. “Can you hear that echoes?” He chuckled. You giggled along with him.

“Arasso! I’ll customize your room, and then I’ll create more boyfriends for you to play with” You smiled happily feeling rather comfortable with your new virtual boyfriend.

Complying to what he requested, you started to decorate his room, his personal space, so he would be less bored. Virtual iPod Boyfriend was similar to human, it’s just they live inside an iPod instead the real world.