SHOCKING EVENTS

If i gave you my heart

 

After Yoona called, Donghae slept more for about two hours. He then started to get ready for his barbeque party with his friends. Before leaving, he dialed Yoona’s number. But she wasn’t answering his phone calls. “Maybe she’s with her family.” He uttered. When he opened the door, he saw a familiar person waiting outside.

“Jessica?” He said upon seeing her. “What brings you here?” Jessica started to cry. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” He asked as he tries to comfort her. He then noticed she has bruises and red marks on her face. Her clothes were tattered. “What happened to you?” He asked again. She didn’t answer. She was crying more. “T-t-taecyeon.” She replied. She was shaking upon hearing his name. “Come on. Let’s go inside.” He then put an arm around her and led her inside. He made her sit on the couch and made her drink water. After letting her drink, Donghae started to question her. “What did Taecyeon do to you? Is he back? Did he do these?” Donghae bombarded her with many questions. After collecting herself, she answered his questions. “He is. T-t-taecyeon is back.” She said. Her body shook upon mentioning his name. “What did he do to you? Tell me what happened.” He worriedly asked her.

“I was going home after meeting some friends. The road going to our house was being repaired so I took a different path. I was passing by this alley when I felt someone was following me. I looked back and saw a figure behind me so I started to walk faster. But he walked faster too and when he was near me, he grabbed me and dragged me in a dark alley. At first, I can’t recognize him because he was wearing a hoodie. I found out it was him. He persuaded me to come with him. When I begged off, he started beating me up. He thought I’m back with you again and that’s the reason why I won’t come back to him. He said he will be back and he will take revenge to the both of us. He will make sure that it would crush the both of us.” Jessica was still shaking after telling the story. “Donghae, I’m afraid of what he’ll do to me. He’s out of his mind. I don’t think he’s on his right mind anymore.” She said as she cried again. “Sssshhh…” Donghae then leaned her head on his shoulder. “Don’t worry. I’ll be here to protect you.” He said as he hugged her. “After you feel okay, let’s treat your wounds.”

 

Meanwhile, Yoona went home when she got a call from her mom. “Yoona, where did you go?” Leeteuk said as soon as she opened the gate. “I called you many times but you won’t pick-up.” He said as he was anxious of something. “My phone is on silent and I didn’t feel my phone vibrant when you were calling.” Yoona replied. She then felt he was worried about something. “What’s wrong oppa? Did something happen?”  “Eomma and appa found out you left. Eomma got very mad since it’s already late. I called Taeyeon. She said you’re not with her. I asked her to call your other friends but they all said you’re not with them. Tell me the truth. Where did you go?” He said again trying to lower his voice so that he won’t be heard inside. “I went to Daejeon.” She blurted out. “Daejeon?? Why did you go there again!?!” Leeteuk suddenly said which their parents heard. “Miss Yoona. Sir Leeteuk. You’re parents said you should go inside this instant.” Their maid suddenly said as she opened the door. “Let’s go.” Leeteuk said as he went inside. Yoona followed his lead.

Once inside, they saw their parents sitting at the living room; waiting for them. Yoona went towards them. “Eomma, appa. I can explain…” but she was cut off by a slap from her mother. Mr. Park held his wife. “How dare you lie to us again!? Haven’t you learned your lesson!? I thought the accident opened your eyes. But I was wrong; we were wrong.” “Eomma, I’m sorry. I was just…” Yoona trailed off because she can’t tell to them where she went. “Where did you go Yoona?” Her father asked. “I was with Taeyeon and…” she was cut off by a slap again. “Don’t tell that lie! I know you’re not with them. I saw your friends hanging out at the shop beside the grocery mart. Don’t you have any better excuse to say?? Are you back to what you were doing before? Are you acting like this because of a boy again!? Is it that boy Donghae?? You were like this with Taecyeon before. Now you’re back like before.” Mrs. Park accusingly said. “Eomma! I told you Taecyeon and I was never together. Why can’t you believe me!?” Yoona said with a higher tone. “Believe you!? How can I believe you when the entire thing that comes in your mouth is lie!? Why can’t you ever be like your brother?! All the things you brought to us are complications unlike him. You should break up with him in this instant. He will do no good on you.” Her mother replied. Her words cut deep into Yoona’s heart. “Complications??” She said as tears come out of her eyes.

“All this time, I would always be inferior to oppa. All the things I do would not be enough in your eyes. I would always be the wild child, the black sheep in this family. I would study fervently but it wouldn’t always be enough. Don’t you know how much I suffered because of that!? I felt that I don’t belong in this family that’s why I turned to my friends for love and care. I always seek attention from others because I can’t feel it here at home.” Yoona then continued to cry. Her mother calmed down and Leeteuk hugged her to comfort her. “Because of the accident, I tried my best to change. I blamed myself because I know that if it wasn’t for me, the accident wouldn’t have happened. I lived my life from all the guilt and felt. You made me feel like I’m the worst person in this world. I left everything; my school and friends so that I would start anew. I tried to forget who I am. For a long time, I didn’t know what fun was anymore. Donghae was the first person who really got to know me. He made an effort to be close to me. He was the person who made me smile again. He was the person who knows me better than I know myself. He was the person who really cared for me and appreciated me which I never felt from my family. I don’t know if it was a selfish act of me to love a person like that. All my best I tried to a perfect daughter to please you. But please allow me to love the person that makes me happy.” She said crying then went outside.

 

She was walked away from their house while she’s still crying. She wasn’t aware of where she’s going when somebody tapped her from behind. Yoona turned around and saw Nickhun. “Yoona? What are you doing here?” She smiled and wiped her tears away. “I was…. I was… I was going somewhere.”  She said as she looked around the place. “There? That’s going towards the police station. Are you sure you’re going there?” Nickhun asked in assurance. Yoona was dumbfounded and just nodded her head. “I know you’re not okay. What’s wrong?” He asked again. Yoona looked at him. “Nothing.”                “Yoona, why do you always say you’re alright when the truth is your not.” Nickhun said as he held him on her shoulders and looked at her in the eye. “Remember I’m your friend you can tell me everything.” He said in assurance. “Okay.” She mumbled. They then went in the nearest coffee shop.

“Tell me what’s wrong?” Nickhun said as after they settled in. “My parents and I got into an argument.” She said as she sips her coffee. “What happened?” he asked in concern. “They thought I was back at my old ways. They suspected Donghae and I are in a relationship and that he was a bad influence on me.” She sadly replied. “Don’t your parents know about your relationship? Why didn’t you tell them? They should know everything that’s happening in your life.” Nickhun said. “But they weren’t keen to the idea of my having boyfriend because they thought it would just be a hindrance. That’s why I didn’t tell them.” She said again. “All parents don’t want their daughters to be involved in a relationship because they are afraid their daughter would be fooled and trampled upon by any guy. Maybe that’s the reason why you’re parents didn’t allow you. And as a man, Donghae should brave your parents and ask for their permission. He should let them know that you’re safe with him. By that way, your parents will change their mind and approve your relationship.” He said as he enlightened her mind.

“You’re right. I’m really thankful that I have you as a friend.” She smiled as he wiped her tears. “You know I’ll always be with you. Even if we’re miles apart, you should not forget that.” Yoona was puzzled by what he said. “Where are you going? Aren’t you studying at Seoul University?” “Nope, I’m going back to Thailand. My father is not in a good shape right now and they all asked me to go home.” He sadly said which made Yoona’s expression change. “Really? I will miss you very much. And as much as I want you to stay, your family needs you more than I do.” Yoona started crying again. “I’m sorry if I always cause pain to you. I’m sorry for not reciprocating your love for me.” “It’s okay Yoona. I’m really glad that you’re my friend. If I could turn back time, I wouldn’t change anything. I know he’s making you happier than I do. But if one day he hurt you again, you know where to find me. I’ll wait for you until I can.” He smiled as he wiped his tears again. Yoona nodded as she continuously cries. “When are you going back?” “Tomorrow morning, I went to your house this afternoon to say my goodbye but your brother said you went out. I was feeling down that I can’t say my goodbyes but good thing I bumped into you here.” He smiled at her again. “Don’t cry. I’m not going to die. I’m just in Thailand. We can still see each other.” Yoona smiled in return. “You’re right. I’m gonna miss you a lot. You’re the only sensible guy I can talk to at times like these. Anyway, Take Care on your flight tomorrow. I hope your father will get better. Don’t worry; I’ll visit you there soon. Tell your mom to cook for me when I get there.” She then hugged him. “Okay, I will. Have a good life here. I hope you won’t cry on the streets again. You tend to forget where you’re going. I’m not here to kick some sense into you anymore.” He lectured her. Yoona nodded in return. “Now go and see Donghae. You should plan on when you’ll come clean to your parents. I’m sure they’ll understand you.” “Okay, I will. Thank you Khunnie! Annyeong! See you again! Take Care.” Yoona smiled as she waved goodbye. Nickhun waved back and watched as Yoona left.

“I wish he would take care of you now. This should be the last tear she would shed for him. I really hate seeing you like this. Once he did it again, I’ll make sure to make her fall for me.”He mumbled to himself and walked back.

 

Yoona was walking towards Donghae’s apartment with a plan on her mind. She’s thinking of how they would break the news to her parents. She thought it will be the best way to let her parent’s anger fade away before they come clean. “I’ll ask for Teuk oppa’s help.” She said to herself. All of a sudden she got a call. “Annyeong.”

“Oh Annyeong Yoona. This is Mi Sook.”

“Annyeong Auntie. Are you doing well? What made you call?”

“Yeah, we’re doing okay. Any ways, Kai and I decided to visit Donghae this week. I hope you would help us with the meeting by telling him beforehand.”

“Oh! Sure auntie! I’m going text you the place where you can meet and also the time. Don’t worry; I’ll bring him no matter what it takes.” She said with a laugh.

“Okay thank you. I hope to see you soon.”

“Okay auntie. See you.” She then hanged up. “All I have to do is mail uncle so that they’ll have a happy reunion.” She then happily went on her way. After she got out of the elevator, she fixed herself. She doesn’t want him to see she’s been crying. She was about to press the doorbell when she noticed the door was slightly opened. She then decided to go inside. She noticed there were a girl’s shoes on the entrance. “I wonder who owns that.” She said to herself as she went in. “Donghae, I…” She was cut off by what she saw. Donghae and Jessica were kissing in the sofa.