Special Sunday

If i gave you my heart

 

“Hey!” Yoona said as she snapped Donghae out of his thoughts. “Just forget it. I know you’re not yet ready. I understand you.” She smiled at him. Donghae was sorry. He didn’t know what to answer with her sudden question. He has never really thought about. He don’t know what he would react if he sees her mother again; the woman who left him when he was just 6 years old.

“So, we’re already here. Do you want to come inside and have a snack?” Yoona offered upon reaching their house. “No, thank you. Jungshin and the others want to meet me later. I’ll come by sometime.” He smiled as he declined her offer. “Okay, sure. Take Care on your way.” Yoona then opened the door of the gate. “Annyeong. See you tomorrow.” She smiled. Donghae waved back and went on his way.

 

“Yoong, what are you trying to prepare?” Leeteuk said as he came to the kitchen. He was reading a book when he heard some sounds downstairs. He was surprised upon seeing the kitchen in mess. Yoona was trying to cook something but failed many times. “I’m trying to copy the taste of the noodles I tasted at Daejeon.” She replied as she kneads dough. “Daejeon? You went to Daejeon? When?” Leeteuk surprisingly asked. “Why didn’t you inform us?” “Don’t worry oppa. I was with Yuri and Seohyun. We went there last Sunday to visit a friend of ours. I didn’t inform all of you because I knew they wouldn’t let me.” She replied. She was referring to her parents. She then went on the soup that’s been boiling and tasted it. “Perfect. The only missing is the noodles. I can’t replicate the one’s Aunt Mi Sook did.” Yoona said as she shook her head. “Sorry I can’t help you out. You know I can only cook instant ramen and omelette. Don’t worry, I’ll help you clean but don’t forget to give me one.” Leeteuk said as he went beside the sink. “Leeteuk-sshi, it’s okay. I’ll clean that. Please take a seat.” Their maid said as she interrupted him. “Just sit there oppa. I’ll just let you taste one. Tell me if it’s good.” Yoona replied as she cut the dough into smaller pieces.

Fifteen more minutes has passed, but Yoona was still trying to cook her own version of the noodles. There were more times that she failed but she still managed to continue until she has done it. Leeteuk was observing her from his seat. He knew there was a great difference with Yoona now. She has been more patient. He knew if this happened before, Yoona would’ve given up. “She wouldn’t cook a few months ago and now she’s already trying her best to copy the food she tasted at Daejeon. The accident did change her a lot. I hope she would find it her heart to be happy once again.” He thought to himself.

After a few minutes, Yoona tried to taste the noodles she cooked for the nth time. She was nervous as she scoop some. She ate it and all of a sudden her eyes got amazed upon tasting it. “OPPA!!!!! OPPA!!!” She shrieked happily. Leeteuk hurriedly went to her. “What’s wrong?” He was concerned that she was hurt. “I got it! I have replicated Aunt Mi Sook’s Sunday Special!” She happily jumped up and down. “Really? I knew you would succeed!” He happily embraced his sister. “Oppa, you should taste it. Here.” She then feed him. Leeteuk’s face changed; his eyes widen in amazement. “Daebak! This is delicious! You’re really great. This noodles taste fantastic.” He then grabbed a bowl and poured some that he can eat. “Thank you Aunt Mi Sook.” She said as she looked at a picture of Mi Sook with her.

 

“Yoong come downstairs. Let’s go somewhere.”Leeteuk sent Yoona a message on the phone. “What does he want now? It’s already late at night.” Yoona said as she grabbed a cardigan and went downstairs. “Yah Oppa! What do you want?? It’s late at night and you’re not yet allowed to go out.” She irritatingly said to him. “I just want to get out of this house. It’s suffocating me.” He then put an arm around her shoulders. “Please my deer Yoongie.” “Aish! Where do you want to go at this time?” She asked him. He just smiled and quietly led them outside the house.

“Aish!! You woke me up to go to the convenience store!? What has gotten into you oppa??” She irritatingly said. “What?? I just want an ice cream.” He innocently replied at her. “Don’t worry it’s my treat.” They then went inside the store. They bought ice creams and sat outside. He looked at her happily eating her food. “See, you’re quite enjoying this yourself.” He said to her. “Of course, I love ice creams and I miss hanging out with you.” She said as she smiled to him. The kind of smile that shows she’s genuinely delighted. “I miss you too.” He then placed her head on his shoulder. “I’m glad you’re in high spirits now.” He mumbled at her. “God is really good. One by one, He’s answering my prayers.” She cheerfully finished her ice cream.

 

The next day, Yoona and Donghae was going home. “Yah! Let’s go to a grocery first. I’m just going to buy something.” She then grabbed Donghae’s arm and walked away. “You don’t have to call me Yah.” Donghae said to her. “Remember, you’re making up to me so I can call you whatever I want to.” She smiled and went inside the grocery store. Donghae followed behind. “Here. Take hold of this while I look at the list.” He then got the cart from her. “Why’d you have to buy things? Are you going to cook?” He curiously asked her. Yoona just nodded at him while she looks around. “Will I be able to taste it?” He asked again. Yoona shook her head this time. “Why? Can I have one? Please? Please?” He pleaded cutely. “Depends if you behave good.” She smiled and went towards the seafood section. “Can I know the name of the recipe?” he asked again. Yoona nodded at him. “It’s called Sunday Special.” She answered as she smiled at him. “Sunday Special? What’s that?”  He asked again but Yoona didn’t answer him.

 

Yoona was looking through the vegetable section when she noticed Donghae wasn’t with her. She ignored it and started to get some vegetables she needed. After a few minutes, she looked around but Donghae was nowhere. “Where is he?” She then got her phone and dialed his number. “Was I too harsh on him?” She said when he wouldn’t pick up her calls. Out of the blue, Donghae appeared. “Yah! Where did you go!?” She scolded him. “I just bought some toiletries I needed and also some Instant Noodles I can eat.” He said as he showed her the things. “Okay.” She replied then went back on what she’s doing. Deep inside her, she pities him. She knows it’s getting hard on him that he doesn’t have a family to come home to. No one to cook for him whenever he wakes up and no one who cares for him whenever he’s sick. She’s the only family he sort of have.

They were already heading home, when Donghae noticed Yoona took the other route not going to her house. “Yoona, isn’t that the way to your house?” He then gestured the other direction. “Yep.” She replied but she was still walking towards the wrong route. Donghae followed her. “Then why are you going this way? This direction goes to my apartment.” Donghae then got an idea. “Are we supposed to go at my apartment?” He asked. Yoona just smiled in return. “You’ll see.” She then went on her way. Donghae followed behind her.

 

“So you’re cooking here? What’s the occasion?” He asked while taking out the foods. “Nothing. I just want to cook.” Yoona was washing the utensils to be used. “By the way, what are you cooking?” He asked again. “Yah! Why are you always asking? I’ve already told you before. Just help me with this.” Yoona irritatingly said as she prepared the ingredients. Donghae shut up his mouth and helped her.

“Yah Donghae!! Don’t pour it all in!! I told you to carefully mix the flour and water!!” She irritatingly said as she took over his job. “Just chop the vegetables over there.” Donghae followed her instructions. After a few minutes, Yoona noticed his work. “Donghae!! I told you to chop it, not to slice it in big sizes!!” She annoyingly said to him. She then took over his job again. “What would I do now?” He asked. “Clean the table and watch something first. You might end up ruining our food.” Donghae nodded and did it sadly. After he was done, he went to the living room and watched the T.V as what he was told. After a few minutes, Yoona noticed he was depressed by what she said to him. “I was too harsh on my words. Don’t worry; I’ll make sure he would be very happy when he tastes this.”

“Donghae, could you please get some bowls and set it up there. It’s already done.” She said as she tastes the noodles. She then smiled upon realizing she succeeded in making it. Donghae then went to the kitchen and set up the table. “Here it is. I hope you’ll like this.” She then placed the food on the table. She sat on the floor next to him and opened the lid. “Daebak! It smells good.” He said as he sniffed the noodles. “Here have some.” Yoona then got their bowls and poured some into it. “Have a taste and tell me how you find it; it it’s good or not.” Donghae nodded and tasted his share. His eyes got big and savored the taste. “I think I’ve tasted this before.” He said as he sampled it again. “Is it good?” Yoona asked again, waiting for his reply. “This brings back childhood memories.” He said and ate again. “Donghae, is it good? I’m nervous here. Do you like it?” Yoona was still waiting for his reply. “It’s great. Thank you.” He smiled then kissed her in the cheeks. “Yay! You’re welcome. I’m so happy that you love it.” She cheerfully said and also ate her portion.

“I’m really full. Thank you for that.” Donghae said after he sipped the soup left in his bowl. “It’s my pleasure. By the way, I’m sorry for scolding you awhile ago. I know I was being insensitive. I just want it all to be perfect.”She hugged him. “It’s okay Yoong. I know you it wasn’t your intention to be mad at me and I know I was doing the wrong thing.” “You know I practiced really hard to master this dish. I wanted it to taste like how I learned it.” She replied. “What’s the name of that recipe?” He suddenly asked her. “It’s called Sunday Special. Yuri, Seohyun and I learned it when we went at Daejeon.” She replied then suddenly kept quiet upon saying the last words. “You went to Daejeon? When??” He asked as he was concerned. “Last Sunday. We went to visit a friend. We then ate at this local noodle shop and we asked the chef to teach us the recipe.” Yoona replied, she was already giving him a hint about his mother. “You know it was called Sunday Special because they only prepare it every Sunday. They want something that their customers would look forward to every weekend. The place was jam-packed when we got there. Good thing, the chef was kind enough to teach us how to prepare it. She was living here in Seoul before so she was very happy to see us. She said there was a story behind that recipe. She said she would always prepare it for his son when he was still a little boy. But something happened, that’s why she was separated from his son. Now she’s living there with her other son. She’s missed her older son very much.” Donghae was just listening to her story. He still didn’t figure out that Yoona was trying to say something. “I wish she could see her son again.” Yoona added as she looked at him in the eyes. “She shouldn’t have left her son in the first place. She says she missed him but she doesn’t take actions to see him. What kind of mother she is? Doesn’t she know how her son feels? Maybe he’s feeling empty now.” Donghae replied as he remembers her own mother who left him. Yoona thought he knew it already because he was teary-eyed as he said those things but realized he still hasn’t when he smiled at her. “Tell her I’m very thankful for teaching you this. I really enjoyed the food. It brought back many good memories.” He then smiled at her. Just then an idea popped into her mind. “If you want, we can go there. Let’s visit her shop in Daejeon so that you can meet her.” She happily said to him. Donghae was silent as she waits for him to reply. “But our finals are coming near and we should prepare for that. Maybe some time.” “Oh! I totally forgot about that. Let’s visit after our school term is over so that we’ll have more time.” She replied. Donghae smiled in return. “Oh! It’s getting late. I should head back home before my parents get mad. Maybe our driver is already downstairs.” She then stood up and brought the bowls to the kitchen. “I’ll help you with that.” Donghae then followed her.

 

“Take care on your way home Yoong. See you tomorrow. Thank you for the food again.” He waved as Yoona went inside the car. “You’re welcome. See you tomorrow.” She then closed the window and the car sped off. Donghae was still looking at the car getting out of his sight. “Pabo. She thought I wouldn’t know. She really made it all the way there just to see her.” He said then went inside the building.

 

*Does he already know his mother’s whereabouts before Yoona discovered it herself? Is he ready to see his mother again? Find out soon!

Look out for the next chapter! PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON THIS CHAPTER. I wanted to know all of it so that I would be aware if you like this chapter or not. It would also help me improve the story. Khamsamnida! ^^ Thank you for all your support! Thank you also for my new subscribers. I hope you’ll love and enjoy the story! :)

I have a new story "If you asked me to". It's about an arranged marriage about Jaejoong and an OC. I hope you would find a time to check it out. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/180245/if-you-asked-me-to-arrangedmarriage-jaejoong-you