It's been a long time

If i gave you my heart

 

“Jagiya we’re going to the airport today to fetch my uncle. I’m sorry I have to cancel our plan for today.” I said over the phone. I wasn’t noticed that they would arrive today.

“It’s okay Yoong. I’ll just go out with the boys.”

“Let’s just move it on another date.”

“Okay sure. Anyway, are you still nervous?”

“Yes. I don’t know what she would say or what would happen.” I replied. But I still hope she would forgive me for all the things I have done.

“It would be alright. Just say sorry.”

“I hope too.”

“Yoona. We have to go now. We have to fetch your grandparents at the train station.” My father suddenly said as he entered my room.

“Yes appa.” I replied then he left.

“I have to go now. I’m really sorry I can’t come.” I said again over the phone.

“It’s okay. Take care. I love you.”

“I love you too. Don’t drink too much. You might end up sleeping with some stranger again.” I said in which he laughed. I know he won’t do it. I trust he won’t do that while he’s out with he’s friends.

“Yes my Yoong dear. Don’t worry I will be behave.”

“Okay bye! Have fun!” I said then I hung up.

 

We then went to the train station to fetch my grandparents before we welcome my uncle.

“Halmeoni! Harabeoji! I miss you!” I exclaimed as I hug both of them.

“Long time no see Yoona. I miss your bubbliness. Here I have a present for you.” My grandmother said as she held out a bag. I opened it and found a handmade scarf. It’ the same one as the ones she gave to my older cousins last year.

“Wow! I love it halmeoni! Thank you!” I said as I kiss her.

“Here’s also a bracelet I made for you and Krystal.” She said as she hand over a bracelet that was just like hers

“Another gift for your favorite grandchild?” my father said as he carried their luggage.

“Of course anything for my precious granddaughter. I also made a scarf for Krystal and for your oppa. It’s just too bad he can’t appreciate it for now.” She sadly said as she remembered my brother’s condition. “I also brought some herb for you and your wife since you’re always stressed from staying at the hospital.”

“Thank you eomma. Let’s go Il Kwon’s flight will arrive any time soon.” My father said then we went straight to the car.

 

“How are you at school?” my grandmother said as we were riding on the car.

“Yoona’s on top of the class.” My father proudly said.

“Aigoo. Our Yoona is so smart.” She said as she hugged me. “You’re pretty and smart. What would you ask for more?”

“Thank you halmeoni.” I said which made me smile.

“You’re spoiling her too much.” My father said.

“What?! I’m just saying the truth.” She said as she embraced me.

“Are your brother’s coming too?” my grandfather asked as he turn towards my father.

“Yes  abeoji. They’ll wait at the house.” My father replied. I was feeling excited since we only have our reunion once a while. I’m always looking forward to meeting my cousins. We would always have fun whenever we’re together.

“By the way, why is Il Kwon moving back here all of a sudden? I thought they’re doing well at Chicago.” My grandfather asked again.

“He got reassigned here that’s why he’s moving back with his family.” My father answered.

“All of them? Even his step-daughter?” my grandmother suddenly asked.

“Yes eomma.”

“Aish! I really don’t like that kid. I heard she came back to the states with a guy.” My grandmother shared.

“Really? How did you know?” I asked since I never heard about it.

“Krystal told me. She chose to stay here because of a guy then she suddenly stopped going to school and flew to Chicago because of another guy again.” She answered as she shook her head.

“Don’t be like her Yoona. It won’t cost you any good.” My grandmother said.

“Stop that. We don’t know what the real reason is. Don’t judge her too easily.” My grandfather stopped my grandma from talking further.

“I don’t care. I just don’t like her.” She replied. My grandmother has been very vocal about her distaste with Jess. Maybe that’s what I inherited from her. We’re always vocal with what we feel. She didn’t even want my uncle to marry Aunt Deuk Hi because she already had a child when they met. My grandparents can’t accept the fact that their youngest son is marrying a woman with a child. But my uncle was stubborn, he disobeyed his parents and married her. They lost contact with each other but reunited again after Krystal was born. Later on they forgave him.  But my grandmother isn’t bothering Jess. But Jess did all her best to gain our family’s attention which is why I don’t like her. I now realize that it was too harsh of me to treat her like that. I should have pitied her because she also longs for my grandparent’s attention, love and care.

 

“Do you have any suitors?” my grandmother asked when we were alone sitting at the waiting area.

“Halmeoni actually I… I have… I… I have a boyfriend.” I nervously said hoping she won’t be mad at me.

“But we’re not bad influence with each other. In fact, he brings out all the best in me. We help with each other a lot.” I explained further. I looked down feeling afraid she would get mad at me.

“I’m sorry halmeoni but I really love him and he loves me too.” I said. She then smiled at me.

“It’s okay my dear.” She said as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Aren’t you mad at me?” I confusingly said since a while ago she told me not to be like Jessica.

“From the moment I saw you at the train station, I knew something’s different with you. You’re blooming. You looked very in love. You’re smiling again. You know I’ve never seen you like that since your brother’s accident.” She replied. “I know this relationship is healthy for you.”

“Thank you halmeoni. Thank you for understanding. I will let you meet him soon.” I said as I hug her.

“Do your parents know about it?” she asked.

“Not yet. I tried to but eomma told me not to have a relationship because it was just a distraction. She still can’t forget the incident. She still believes Taecyeon’s my boyfriend.” I confide as I got teary eyed.

“Understand your mother. You know it’s very painful for her and she’s tired from all those sleepless night.” She then comforted me.

“I know. I just plan to tell it when things are settled when she’s not oversensitive about things.” I answered.

“Don’t worry my child. I’m here for you. I’ll support you.” She said which made me happy. At least she approves of us, it makes me less worried.

Suddenly my grandfather came. “They have arrived.”

“Is Jess with them?” I nervously asked.

“I think so.” He replied.

“Is she with that boyfriend of hers? She should have stayed there.” She complained as she took her bag.

“Let’s go meet them.” My grandfather said which we followed.

I started to feel nervous when I finally saw them.

“Eomma! Abeoji!” I heard my uncle exclaimed when he saw them. He ran to them and hugged them like he was a little child.

“My son! I really miss you. It has been four years.” My grandfather said as he hugged him tighter. He got teary eyed with their reunion.

“I thought you’ll never come back!” my grandmother said as she cried.

“Hello eomma, appa.” My aunt said as she hugged them too.

“Yoona! Look how tall you are now! You look beautiful!” my uncle said as he hugged me.

“Krystal’s been looking forward to see you.” My aunt said as she hugged me too.

“Where is Krystal? Where is my Soojung?” my grandmother said when she noticed Krystal wasn’t around.

“Halmeoni! Harabeoji!!” Krystal suddenly exclaimed. She then went towards us.

“I miss you my Soojung!” my grandmother said as she kissed Krystal.

“Me too!” she said as she cried.

“Unni! You’re here!” Krystal said when she saw me.

“Hey! I miss you!” I replied as I hugged her.

“We need to catch up with each other, okay?” She said which I replied with a smile. I’ve been very close to her since she’s the little sister I’ve never had. We jive with each other and often times people mistook us for sisters. We were crying the whole night before their flight to Chicago.

“Where is Jess?” my grandfather asked.

“She just went to the washroom.” Krystal replied.

“Oh! She’s here.” My uncle said. I then saw Jessica coming towards us.

“Annyeong.” She said as she bowed t my grandparents.

“Oh. You’re also here? I thought you stayed behind.” My grandmother sarcastically said.

“Anni. I like it more here.” She answered.

“Where is that boyfriend of yours?” she asked again which made Jess surprised.

“Let’s go! I asked our maid to prepare food for us. I know you’re tired from the flight.” My father said and they all started to move. Jessica and I were the last ones to follow. She was still surprised by what my grandmother said while I was waiting to talk to her.  I looked at her. There was pain in her eyes. I didn’t know what to say at first.

“Hi Jess.” I suddenly said.

Her reaction was far from what I expected.


 

*What do you think was Jess' reaction? Are Sica and Jess the same person? Will Jess and Yoona forgive and forget?

Find out soon! Please do share your comments, suggestion and thoughts! I want to know all of them! I'm desperate! haha Khamsamnida! ^^

Here's another update! :) Please watch out for the next chapters! Something would happend soon!