Roof top

If i gave you my heart

 

“Hey. Sesangnim will announce today about the result of our project proposal that we reported yesterday. I wonder who the lucky ones that got first prize are.” Yuri said as they sat on the assembly hall.

“I hope Yong and I could at least get above 95% so that we would have additional points in the exam.” Seohyun said; feeling nervous about the results.

Yoona looked through the crowd and saw Nickhun looking at her. “Fighting.” They both mouthed to each other and they ended up chuckling.

“Yah! What’s with the laughing?” Yuri asked.

“Nothing.” Yoona smiled away.

Not far from where they were seating, Donghae and his friends saw the act.

“Well at least Yoona is laughing now.” Jong Hyun suddenly said as he saw the exchange between Yoona and Nickhun.

“One of these days, we might hear that Nickhun is courting her. Besides, Donghae here still can’t make-up his mind.” Yonghwa sarcastically said. Jong Hyun and him don’t like it that Donghae still can’t decide. They know that how Yoona loves their friend and how she let him get through his dark days.

“YAH!!” Dongahe shouted at them when he can’t hold it longer.

“Why? It’s all true. You might as well break up with her. She needs someone better.” Yonghwa replied at him which stabbed deep in Donghae’s heart.

“I can’t.” Donghae said which surprised the two.

“Yonghwa’s right. If you can’t let her go, you should make up your mind asap. You might realize one day that’s its too late; that she’s fallen to that guy.” Jong Hyun gestured at Nickhun who was still looking at Yoona with a smile plastered on his face. Donghae was thinking deeply. He knows he still loves Yoona but something in his heart yearns for Jessica’s presence. He doesn’t know what to do with it.

Suddenly, the teacher appeared at the stage. “The results are in. As you all know, the top winner of this project would be exempted from our exam and will surely get a high grade in their card. The runner-ups will get plus points on their exam. I’ll now announce the winners starting from the 5th placer to the 1st place.” There were murmurs throughout the crowd speculating who among the students got high grades. All of them were nervous as they wait for their teacher to announce it.

“For the 5th place, it would be….. Song Victoria from 3-A and Lee Jong Hyun from 3-C! Congratulations!!” Victoria and Jong Hyun happily stood from their seats and went to the stage.

“For the 4th placers, let’s congratulate…… Kwon Yuri from 3-A and Yoon Doojoon from 3-F!” The two also happily went up the stage.

“The third placers are…. Seo Joohyun from 3-A and Jung Yonghwa from 3-D! Congratulations!”

“I bet you and Nickhun will get first place.” Seohyun said as she stood up and walked towards the stage. Yoona smiled in return. She was also yearning for the first place. Seohyun and Yonghwa held their hands as they went up.

“May we invite these students before I announce the 1st and 2nd place?” The teacher said. All of the students got more nervous. “Park Jessica and Lee Donghae; and also Park Yoona and Horvejkul Nickhun please go up the stage.” The students clapped their hands in congratulation. Most of the students are now speculating who among the two pairs would get the prize.

“I think Nickhun and Yoona will get it.”

“Yoona’s the top of our batch. They would surely win.”

“Jessica is also smart. Donghae is now improving. There’s a chance that they’ll win too.”

“I think 3-A would win. What would you expect from the top class?”

“I wonder who would get the most coveted first place.”

“Too bad my partner and I didn’t get high grades.”

“Okay. I’ll announce the 2nd place. Drum roll please.” The teacher said. Donghae kept on glancing at Yoona and Nickhun who held their hands as they wait for the announcement. He felt his heart boiling with pain and anger.

“The 2nd placers are…. Park Jessica from 3-B and Lee Donghae from 3-D. It means Park Yoona from 3-A and Horvejkul Nickhun from 3-B are our winners. Congratulations.” The teacher happily announced and congratulated the students. As soon as they got their certificate and medals, Nickhun happily twirled Yoona around which earned shock among others.

“Yah! Put me down!!” Yoona exclaimed; Nickhun then obeyed.

“I’m just too happy. All our efforts paid off. All those sleepless nights were worth it.” Nickhun said teary eyed. “Thank you Yoona.” He then hugged her.

“You’re welcome my friend.” Yoona happily replied. Donghae, on the other hand, saw all of it. He was fuming with anger as he went towards Yoona and Nickhun.

“Hey Donghae.” Nickhun said he saw him. All of a sudden, Donghae punched him in the face then left as soon as he was done. Jessica then followed him. All of the students left in the assembly area were astonished by the way Donghae acted.

“Nickhun.” Yoona said as she went near him. “Are you okay?” The side of Nickhun’s lips was bleeding.

“Nickhun.” Victoria also worriedly said. “Why did Donghae do that to you?” Yoona saw how Victoria was worried about Nickhun so she gave way to her.

“We’ll just go and to talk to Donghae.” Yonghwa said to Seohyun then left with Jong Hyun.

“Victoria you can take Nickhun to the clinic. I’ll just talk to Donghae.” Yoona suddenly said. Victoria nodded then assisted Nickhun. Nickhun, on the other hand, was also worried as he looked back at Yoona. Yoona just nodded in assurance.

“What’s wrong with Donghae?” Seohyun suddenly asked as she went beside Yoona.

“Maybe he got jealous because of what Nickhun did.” Yuri also said.

“I have to talk to him.” Yoona said as she went away. She searched throughout the school but she still can’t find Donghae.

“Maybe he’s in the…” She thought then went straight to the path.

“Yoona have you seen Donghae?” Jessica suddenly asked as she appeared.

“No.” She coldly said then walked away from her leaving Jessica stunned. She then went to the school’s roof top. Upon arriving, she saw Donghae sitting alone.

“Figures.” Yoona mumbled.

“Can we talk?” she asked Donghae who was surprised by her presence.

“What are you doing here? How did you know I’m here?” Donghae asked.

“I know you go here whenever you feel bad.” Yoona said as she went beside him. “We need to talk.”

Donghae then got nervous as she said those words. He dreads for the day she’ll break up with him. He thinks that she’ll do it now.

“Yoona I…” Donghae started nervously but he didn’t continue his sentence.

“Why did you do that Nickhun?” Yoona asked.

“I just got mad with all that twirling and laughing. I’m jealous.” Donghae replied.

“What am I supposed to do? Sulk and cry all day? Do you want me to do that?” Yoona asked.

“No I don’t want that. I want you to be happy. I want you to smile like what you usually do when we talk.” Donghae seriously replied.

“You know that I also want that but….” Yoona trailed off having teary eyed.

“Yoona, I love you. You know that.” Donghae said as he hugged Yoona.

“You love me but how about Jessica? Do you love her?” she asked as she looked at him.

“At first, I was doubtful about everything. But after I looked at you happy with other guys; after I looked at you happy with Nickhun, I felt my heart couldn’t take it. I knew I couldn’t afford to lose you. I am now sure about my love for you. You’re the only girl I want to be with.” Donghae said as he hugged Yoona tighter.

“Donghae… What are you going to do with Jess? Have you straightened out your feelings for her?” Yoona asked.

“There’s something about her that draws me in. I think I just have to close some issues with her.” Donghae said. “You’re the one I truly love Yoona. I can’t let you go like that. I’m very sorry.”

Donghae was hugging Yoona, when she removed his hands away from her.

“Donghae, I know you love me. I love you too but I need to build up the trust that you’ve shattered. You have to prove to me that I can trust you again. You need to talk with Jessica all the things that have been kept here.” Yoona then pointed at his chest. “If you do that, you’ll feel so much lighter. It might even let you see things clearly.”

“Until the day, you have settled everything and proved yourself again, that’s the time I can go back to you. But as of now, let’s just stay out of each other’s way and please don’t hurt Nickhun again or any guy I’ll get to be close with.” Yoona said as tears were coming out of her eyes.

“Yoona please don’t do this to me. It’s you that I choose.” Donghae said as he held on her hands and kissed it. “You’re the one I truly love.”

“I’m not saying goodbye Donghae. I’m still here if you need me.” Yoona then kissed him in the cheeks and left. Donghae then cried after seeing Yoona cry.

“Donghae.” Jong Hyun and Yonghwa said after they saw him at the roof top.

 

Meanwhile…

“I thought you already have an expose. When are you going to show it?” Someone said over the phone.

“Yes I have, wait for it. I’m going to reveal it when she’s at her lowest.” The girl replied. “I’ll hang up before anyone knows we’re talking with each other.”

The girl ended the call. She was about to leave when she saw someone.

“Hey Yesung.” The girl nervously greeted him.

“Hey.” Yesung smilingly replied then went on his away.

“Good thing he didn’t heard my conversation.”The girl said then went towards her class.


*Will Donghae clears things up with Jessica? Or will he realize his true feelings for her? Who is that girl on the phone? Is she someone close to Yoona or someone close to Donghae? Share your guess!

Look out for the next xhapter! Please share your thoughts, comments and suggestion on this chapter. I wanted to know all of it son that I would know if you like this chapter or not. It would also help me improve the story. Khamsamnida! ^^ Thank you for all your support! Thank you also for my new subscribers. I hope you will love the story! :)