Anniversary

If i gave you my heart

I drove off from Yoona’s house. I feel good looking at her smile. The last face registered on my mind saw her smiling sweetly waving goodbye at me. This is the first time in my whole life that I’m always looking forward for the next day. Ever since I knew her, I would always look forward for the day that I’ll see her again. I know my presence and encouragement will really mean a lot to her. I’m not sure of what I’m feeling. Do I love her?  I’m always happy when I’m with her. I want to make her happy. I always want to see her smile. The way she talks, the way she laughs; makes my heart beat faster. It’s like seeing an angel straight from heaven. I’ve felt like this with Jessica before but this feels different. We already have a connection even though we only met for a few times. I knew this is love. I now know I’m in love with her. I was attracted to her the first time I saw her. The way she dance and laugh with her friends caught my attention. I love how she confidently talked to me.

 

*Flashback*

“This girl is different from others. She shines in her own way. I wish I can talk to her. If I didn’t have a girlfriend, I would have pursue her.” I thought to myself as I look at the group of girls dancing. She was laughing so sweet.

“What was I thinking?? I have a girlfriend now and I’m happy with her. I shouldn’t think about these things.” I thought again. Then I noticed the girl I was looking at was coming towards me. I looked at the other direction, towards Jessica. I glanced at her she was smiling at me. I looked away again. I was getting nervous now.

“So… You think the party is boring?” she asked as soon as she sat beside me. I glanced at her and she was looking at me. I looked away. My heart was beating fast.

“it’s just… this isn’t my thing.” I calmly answered. Why am I feeling like this?

“So why did you come here in the first place.” She asked again. She was still looking at me. I tried not to look at her.

“My friend invited me and my girlfriend wants to come.” I replied without looking at her.

“Girlfriend?” she answered. Her smile faded. “Oh! Where is she?”

“She is dancing over there.” I said while gesturing my hand towards Jessica.

“By the way, I’m Yoong and you are?” she suddenly said.

“I’m…” I tried to say my name but a guy suddenly appeared. Maybe it’s his boyfriend. I sighed. What am I doing? We are both committed now but I can’t still hide my regret.

 

That was the first time a girl ever talked to me straight-forward. She has full confidence which I like towards her. Now, I love her maturity and thoughtfulness. Her family’s situation made her a stronger person, a more mature lady than before. I’m glad she now considers me as her friend and she also trusts me. Tomorrow I’ll confess my feelings to her. Whether she’ll accept me or not, I’ll try my very best to make her say yes. If she would let me wait, I’ll do it for her until she’s ready.

 

I arrived at the place the lady told me. I entered the shop and saw my father sleeping on the table. He was so drunk, he’s a mess. I run toward him.

“Appa! What are you doing?!” I asked as soon as I went beside him. He was so drunk that he can’t stand on his own.

“Are you Mr.Lee’s son?” the lady asked me. “I’m the owner of this shop. I was the one you’re talking to earlier.

“Khamsamnida. I am his son.” I answered while bowing my head.

“He’s been drinking since this morning. He was so drunk so I checked on his pockets to know his name and to call a person that can pick him up here.” The lady said. “I’m sorry if I did that.”

“It’s okay. I’m very grateful for your concern.” I replied as I assist my father.

“Here is his wallet and cellphone. I hid it in case.” She said. Good thing she was kind or else my father would have been worst.

“Thank you. I’ll take him home now.” I replied. I sat hi9m on the passenger’s seat and drove him home. You really can’t call it home because it hasn’t been a home to us. My father and I would barely see each other. He would busy himself with work while I would busy myself with school and other stuffs. I laid him on his bed.

“Aish! Why did you pick me up!?” he said. “I’m not yet drunk! I want to drink more!”

“You’re drunk already. You’re already sleeping on the table.” I replied as I took off his shoes.

“I’m just getting started. You’re such a buzz killer. Why won’t you allow me!? I’m not stopping you if you drunk with your friends every night.” He said again.

“We don’t have the same issue. I’m drinking to have fun while your drinking to forget omma.” I replied. He was then silent.

“We’re the same. We both want to forget the girl we love so much. I knew you’re being like this because of what happened to me and your mother and also to what Jessica did to you.” He suddenly said. His word sank right deep in my heart causing a wound to be fresh again. He was right. I am like this because of what they did. I kept on closing that wound but it’s always hard for me to forget the past.

“Do you know what date is it today?” he asked but before I could reply he spoke again. “Today is our wedding anniversary. We were supposed to be going to Europe to spend it there but she broke our plan. She left with that stupid guy. I should have known she had a relationship with that boss of hers. That’s the reason why she always spend her time on work and always having overtime, I thought her job required her to do so.  She just does it to spend time with that bastard!”

“I gave her everything. I provided her all of the things she wants. Even though she doesn’t have to, I even allowed her to work because she misses it. But look at what she’s done to me! Look at what she’s done to our family!” he said again. He was now crying. “I begged her to stay. I was willing to forget everything if she would just stay with us. But she didn’t! She chose to be with that stupid guy!”

“A word of advice to you son, don’t give your heart to any girl. They might just break it and shatter it into pieces. In the end, you’ll be left with nothing.” He said then he was silent. I then heard him snoring, I knew his now asleep. I took off his clothes and clothe him with new ones. I placed a blanket on top of him and left the room.

 

My father is such a mess because of my mother. He tried to forget everything but it always haunts him; it always haunts me. He’s right. These two women whom I loved deeply left us. I bruised my heart so much that it has been like this now. My father is right. I shouldn’t let any girl hold my heart. They might just return it to me broken and bruised. But what if someone is different? What if she’s different? What if Yoona is different? What if she’s the girl for me?


* Will he confess to Yoona? What would Yoona respond? Will they be together?

Find out soon! Don't forget to share your thoughts and comments! I want to know them. Khamsamnida! ^_^