You're the first one.

If i gave you my heart

 

“Sunny!?” I asked as ssoon as I recognized her voice.

“How are you Yoona?” she asked.

“I’m fine. How about you?” I asked her. “How did you get my number?”

“I got it from your mom.” She replied. “How’s Teuk oppa?”

“Still the same.” I replied. This was kind of awkward since it has been almost about 4 months since I saw her.

“So do you have anything to do tomorrow?” she asked again.

“Nothing much, why?” I answered.

“Can we meet?” she asked again.

“Uhm. Sure. Let’s meet at Handel and Gretel.” I respond.

“Okay. Got it. See you tomorrow!”

“See you.” I said then she hung up.

I sighed. I can’t face her because of what I did. But maybe, I can’t avoid them anymore. I have to face them and since they’re also my friends.

“Oppa. That was Sunny who called. She wants to meet with me tomorrow. You know I never saw them again after the accident. I felt ashamed because I know I’ve been a bad friend to them. I always think of myself before the others. I really hope it turns out well tomorrow.” I said to him. I wish he would wake up right now so that he can tell me what to do. Whenever I’m down, he would always cheer me up. He would say I look like a grandmother, that’s why I never frown.

“Oppa. I will eat first. I will go back soon. I’ll just ask the nurse to look after you for a while.” I said when I was feeling hungry. I went up to the nurse station to ask another favor.

“Excuse me. I will just buy food. Can you please look after him for a while?” I asked her.

“Sure. No problem.” She replied.

“Thank you. I won’t take long.” I said.

 

I went to the nearest restaurant I could find. I was waiting for my order when I noticed Nickhun sitting alone. I went over to say hi.

“Hey Nickhun.” I said. I sat next to him.

“Hey.” He replied then smiled at me.

“Did you just arrived or were you waiting here? I asked him again.

“I’ve been here a while ago. I actually saw you enter.” He shyly said.

“Why didn’t you call me?” I questioned him. “We’re friends right?”

“I was afraid you’re waiting for someone and I don’t want to interrupt.” He answered.

“So why are you alone? Where is Victoria?” I asked him. Did something happen to them again?

“We’re supposed to eat together but she’s not here yet. I’ve been calling her but she doesn’t answer.” He said while checking his phone again.” Why are you here? Are you meeting with someone?”

“Nope. I just came to buy food. I’m staying at the hospital right now looking over my brother.” I replied.

“I see. How is he?” He asked. Nickhun, together with Yuri, Seohyun and recently Donghae were the only persons I told about my family’s condition.

“Still the same.” I replied.

“I hope he’ll recover soon so that you’ll be happy again.” He said. “I really like seeing you happy. It’s very rare you know.”

“I hope too.” I said. I really like him he’s a thoughtful friend. Suddenly, his phone beeped.

“It’s Victoria.” He said then he read the message. I saw his reaction change. He was now disappointed and sad.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

“She said she can’t come.” He sadly said. “I guess I have to ask the waiter to wrap up the food I ordered. I’ll just eat it at home.”

“Wait.” I said as soon as he called the waiter. “I guess I can eat here with you.”

“Yes sir?” the waiter said to him.

“I would instead eat my order here.” I answered the waiter. “Here is the receipt.”

“Okay ma’am.” The waiter replied then left.

“Thank you.” Nickhun said.

“Welcome.” I smile at him.

“Are you sure it’s okay?” he asked me as our foos was placed on the table. “Your boyfriend might get angry.”

“What!? Boyfriend!?” I asked him. How can he conclude I have one? “Silly. I don’t have one.”

“Really? Why? “You’re pretty, smart and kind.” he said. He was surprised I didn’t have a bf. “Anyone would be honored to be your boyfriend.”

I laughed at him.

“What’s funny?” he asked. He might thought I have gone crazy.

“Nothing. I just thought before no one describes me as a kind person even my parents. Usually, they’ll say I’m pretty, smart or popular but not kind” I answered. “You’re the first one, aside from my brother.”

“Really!?” He said as he shook his head in disbelief. “But you’re so kind to me.”

“I’m really honored to be the first one to say it to you.” He added.

“Thanks.” I replied. He smiled at me.

“So why don’t you have a boyfriend? You didn’t answer my question.” He said as he cooked the meat.

Hmm. I never really thought about that. No one exactly caught my attention even before. I find someone interesting but…. And no one is courting me so I have not thinking about it.

“So?” He said waiting for my answer.

“I don’t know. I don’t have a boyfriend ever since and no one is courting me so.” I answered.

“Really!?!” he said as if he can’t believe what I just said.

“Really.” I replied then smiled at him. He then blushed.

“Aaaah! Samgyupsal really is the best!” He exclaimed as he ate. “They have the best one here.”

“Is it your favorite food?” I asked him.

“Yes. So far it’s the best cuisine I’ve tasted here in Korea.” He replied. I forgot he came from Thailand. I guess it’s because he have adapted to our culture that he doesn’t look and act like a foreigner.

“You know. I really wanted to go to Thailand before.” I said. “I even asked my parents to let me travel there with my friends but they didn’t allow me. They said I’m too young and irresponsible to travel alone.”

“It’s okay. You’ve got more time and I can accompany you next time.” He responded. I smiled at him.

“Thank you!” I replied.

“You’re right! They’re samgyupsal here is the best!” I exclaimed as I tried one.

“I told you.” He said then ate another one.

“I have to be back at the hospital.” I said as soon as we finished eating. “My brother is alone there so I have to go.”

“Okay.” He said as he took out his wallet to get cach.

“Wait! I’ll pay it!” He said as I was also taking my wallet out.

“We can share the bill. You’re not the only one who ate.” I replied.

“Hey!” he stopped me. “It’s my way of saying thank you for accompanying me tonight.”

“Okay. Thank you. Next time we should foot the bill, okay?” I said.

“Sure.” He answered.

We left the restaurant when we saw Uee outside with Donghae.

“Hey Nickhun!” Uee said as soon as she saw us. “Hi Yoona.” I smiled at her.

Donghae was looking at me and Nickhun. He's looking like he is curious why Nickhun’s with me.

“Hey Khun! Where is Victoria?” she asked us as soon as she realized it was just me and him.

“I’m supposed to meet with her a while ago but she bailed out on me. Luckily, Yoona was also here so I asked her to accompany me.” Nickhun explained before they thought of something wrong.

“I see.” she replied.

“Well. I have to go now. I have to go somewhere else.” I said.

“I’ll walk  you there.” Nickhun respond.

“No. it’s okay! I can manage. Anyway, thank you for today.” I said to him.

“Nice to see you Uee.” I said to her. “Bye!”

“Me too.” Uee said then I walked away.

 

Today is the day I’m going to meet up with Sunny. I hope it turns out well. I really miss them. I wish we can patch things up. I asked the nurse again to look after him while I meet up with Sunny. Good thing the nurse is very kind. I should remember to give her something when I returned.

 

I’m at the front of the shop. I saw Sunny’s back. I took a deep breath then I entered.