Cable car

If i gave you my heart

“So? Where are we going?” I asked him when we were out of the house.

“There.” He said pointing at the cable cars that were passing through the mountains.

“Really? It’s so high!” I replied.

“You’ll be fine.” He said then we went on the station. We rode it just the two of us.

 

“It’s really high.” I said. I can see the full view of the ski mountain. “I hope we don’t fall.”

“We won’t. If in case you fall, don’t worry I’ll catch you.” He replied. I laughed at him.

“Are you still mad at me?” he then asked. I laughed at him again. He raised his eyebrow.

“Do you think I’ll talk to you if I’m mad!?” I answered. “Plus Yuri have already forgiven you. I was just mad because she waited for you throughout the night.”

“We’re very sorry about that. Let’s just put it behind us now.” He replied. I smiled back.

“Anyway why are you with Nickhun last weekend? Are you…?” He suddenly asked when I was looking at the scene before us.

“huh?” I replied. I can’t figure out what he’s saying.

“Are you together?”He finally muttered after hesitating for a while. So that’s the reason why he was looking intently at us last time.

“So?” he asked again when I didn’t answer.

“Nah! We’re just close friends besides he’s Victoria’s boyfriend.” I finally answered.

“But you like him?” he suddenly asked. I was taken off by his question. Is he crazy? Didn’t I say we’re just friends? Can a boy and a girl be friends without others thinking they’re together?

“No. I don’t think about him that way.” I replied.

“No one on our school catches your eye?” he asked me again with queer eyes. I think I’ve heard this question before.

“None.” I quickly replied. I’m interested with someone but….

“Maybe you have a boyfriend.” He quickly stated. What’s wrong with them? First Nickhun, now him? They always conclude I have one.

“I don’t.” I quickly said.

“That’s good.” He uttered then smiled.

“What?” I asked him. He was still smiling like a crazy person.

“Nothing.” He answered still smiling. What’s wrong with this guy?

“Crazy.” I muttered to him then smiled.

 

“Enough about me, let’s talk about you.” I said after we didn’t talk for a few minutes. I realized he knew too much about me while I knew nothing about him.

“What do you want me to say?” He asked as he turned to look at me. He was thinking of something.

“Anything about you.” I said then smiled at him. He smiled back thinking of what to say.

“Well.” He stated after thinking for a minute. “I am an only child. My father and mother got separated when I was in middle school. My mother left my father for a new guy and my father was devastated because of it.” He said. I saw in his eyes that he was very sad about it.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” I replied. I feel sad for him. Maybe that’s the reason why he’s always with his friends. He wants to escape reality even just for a while. He was very like me before.

“Aside from my friends, you’re the only one who knows it.” He suddenly said. He was acting cool in front of others but he was hurting deep inside.

“So why did you transfer here? It was already in the middle of the second term.” I asked him again. I was very curious of it since his first day.

“My former school was about to kick me out. My father decided to drop me out before they do it. He was assigned here so we moved here.” He answered. So that was the reason, I never thought about it.

I feel bad for him. I now know why I am drawn towards him. We have the same situation. We have problems at home. It’s just sad for him because he doesn’t have a sibling to talk to, unlike me. That’s why he is using his friends as his security blanket. I bet his friends just makes him forget his problems not help him face it and overcome it that’s why his pain is still fresh whenever it would be brought out. I wish someone would help him overcome it.

“So how are you with your girlfriend?” I suddenly asked him. I remember the night of the party. He said he have a girlfriend when I talked to him.

“Huh?” He said. He was surprised by my question. Shock was present in his eyes.

“You know, the girl you was watching dance when we were in the party.” I answered him. He was silent after. I noticed he was thinking of something. I can see he was hurting remembering something. I know something is wrong, maybe they broke up.

“I’m sorry for being rude. I didn’t intend to interfere.” I said after he didn’t talk for a few minutes. “You may not answer the question.” What was I thinking? Why did I ask him about a sensitive question?

“I should not talk further.” I said again then looked at the window. I should just be quiet. He was still silent.

“It’s okay.” He suddenly replied after not speaking for a long time.

“It’s a long story plus let’s not dwell on negative things anymore.” He added. He forced a weak smile. He was again faking his hurt. Another wound is still fresh in his heart. I wish I could help him. He was looking at me waiting for me to respond.

“Do you have anything more to ask?” he said. I shook my head. I don’t want to bring up another issue that might hurt him.

“Hey! It’s alright!” he said. He was smiling now. “You can still ask me you know.”

I looked at him. He was not in pain anymore. I smiled back.


*What will happen next? Will they now be friends?

Find out soon! PLease do leave a comment! Khamsamnida! :)