First day after Winter Break

If i gave you my heart

 

Today is the first day of school after our Winter break. I will meet my classmates again after several weeks. So far my vacation was good. Taeyeon has recovered now and she can walk again. I’ve also patch up my friendship with them. Lately, I’ve been spending time with them. We were catching up for the four months we haven’t been able to see each other. They have also met up with my other friends; Seohyun and Yuri. Good thing we all get along well. I am happy I get to keep my former friends and my new friends. It’s just too bad my brother isn’t awake yet. The doctors gave us approximately one and a half to two months. If he isn’t awake by then, we would be given a choice if we would continue his life support. My family still hopes he would recover soon. I still hope he would be alright.

 

I was eager to go to school so I went early. The weather is nice. This is why I love spring time. It gives us all a hope. It makes us feel a new bright thing will happen to us. I really look forward on that one.

“Good morning Yoona! Good to see you today!” Jooyeon greeted as I enter the room.

“Good morning!” I replied. I smiled at her.

“How was your Winter break?” Sori asked.

“It was good.” I answered. Yuri then entered the room.

“Good morning everyone!” Yuri happily said as she went towards us. “Here are the presents I brought for you when we went to the Philippines.” She then handed a paper bag with presents for them.

“Thank you!” they both exclaimed as they looked on the stuff she brought. Hwayoung was not as excited as the other two.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her out of curiosity.

“I’m just sad for my sister.” She replied. All of us then were looking intently at her; waiting for her response.

“Why? What happened?” Yuri asked.

“Is everything okay with Hyoyoung?” Jooyeon asked too. I heard her sigh.

“Donghae dumped my sister during our school break. He said she was too boring and that he can’t keep up with her.” She sadly replied. Yuri and I then looked at each other.

“Why did he do that?” Sori asked.

“She doesn’t know. They weren’t seeing each other during the Winter break and then he called her one day. He said they have to talk about something, turns out he just wanted to break up with her.” She sadly answered again. “She’s still devastated until now. She feels sad looking at him.”

We were all saddened by the news. Yuri was looking at me. She knows I knew the reason why he broke up with her. I just ignored her gaze. The truth is I only now parts of it, not the whole detail. Maybe he did that because he wants to confess to me. But why did he have to say something harsh!? He would’ve said something gentler.

“When did they break up?” I curiously asked her.

“Just a week ago.” She said. Well that was a week after he confessed to me. So it means it wasn’t the reason why. But if that isn’t the case; then what is it? Maybe….

Seohyun and Victoria suddenly entered the room. Victoria was also sad while Seohyun was thinking of something. What’s with all of them? I thought spring would give us all a new beginning or something like a new hope. But wasn’t it the case?

 

“What’s wrong Victoria?” You look like you have a problem. Sori asked her as soon as our teacher left. She didn’t respond.

“Is everything okay?” Seohyun asked too.

“Khun and I broke up.” She said as she suddenly cried.

“Why? I thought you two truly love each other.” Seohyun spoke again.

“I don’t know but these past few months, we’re not the same anymore. He’s always cold when we’re together. We don’t talk about anything; we’re like strangers when we’re together.” Victoria answered. She was still crying. “Maybe he likes someone new.”

“I think of that too! I think he likes someone new.” Yuri exclaimed. Victoria cried harder upon hearing what Yuri just said.

“Yuri!” Seohyun exclaimed. We looked at Yuri, warning her to stop.

“Don’t believe her Victoria. Maybe he just needs time to be alone. Just give him some time. He will come back to you.” Seohyun assured her.

“I hope so.” Victoria replied.

“But…” Yuri tried to talk again but I stopped her.

“Come on Yuri. I’m hungry, let’s grab a food downstairs.” I said as I grabbed her by the arm.

 

“What was that? Why did you pull me out of the room?” she asked as soon as we were walking down the stairs.

“Because you’re not helping her; she’s hurt, you know.” I answered.

“But I’m just telling the truth. As what I’ve already said, I’ve been observing him these past few months.” She explained.

“So what did you observe?” I asked.

“I think he really likes someone and it’s one of our classmates.” She answered.

“Really?” I just said. I’m not convinced with what he said. I know Nickhun. He would do such thing. He loves Victoria and he’s not capable of doing that to her. Maybe Seohyun’s right, he just needs time alone.

“Do you want to know who she is?” she asked as we enter the canteen.

“No. I’m not curious and I don’t think you’re right.” I answered.

“But…” she was about to argue with me but something distracted her. I looked at what stopped her and saw Jong Hyun. He was sitting at a table with Donghae and Yonghwa. She went up to them. I followed behind.

“Hi Jong Hyun!” she said as we were near them. “Hey Yonghwa! Hey Donghae!”

They all smiled at her.

“Hey Yuri!” Jong Hyun greeted back. “Hey Yoona!”

I smiled at him. I looked at Donghae but he wasn’t looking at me.

“My family and I just came back from the Philippines. I brought there some presents for the three of you.” Yuri said.

“But I forgot it on our room. I’ll just give it later.” She added. They smiled at her. Donghae smiled at her then looked back on his food again.

“How thoughtful of you, we’re very thankful.” Jong Hyun replied. I kept on looking at him but he was avoiding my gaze. Is something wrong with him?

“Yuri, I think we have to buy foods now.” I said towards her.

“Okay. See you around.” She said to them. Jong Hyun just smiled.

 

“What’s wrong with Donghae?” Yuri asked as soon as we’re far from them.

“Is there something wrong? Why didn’t you acknowledge each other’s presence? I thought you two are okay now?” she asked again.

“Nothing.” I just answered.

“Come on. I know something’s wrong. I told you I’m a good observer. The way you look at him and him avoiding your gaze.” She replied. “You can tell me Yoona.”

“Okay. I’ll tell you later.” I answered.

“Okay.” She replied as she ordered food. I looked back at them. I looked at him. He wasn’t the same since that night. I tried to tell him my feelings but…..


*Why does Donghae ignore Yoona? What happened between the two of them? What is the real reason behind Donghae's broke up with Hyoyoung? Is it about Yoona or something else? Is Yuri's observation about Nickhun right? Does he likes someone new?

Find out soon! Please share your comments or thoughts! Khamsamnida! ^^

Next Chapter: Room 3-D