Stick together like glue

If i gave you my heart

 

It has been two weeks since our trip. I decided to come with my parents to visit my grandparents in our province. I came so as to forget everything that happened between me and Yonghwa. I need to get away so that I’ll be okay when I meet him again at school. But two weeks have passed by but I can’t still forget everything that happened. It still haunts me every night. I still cry myself at night. I am still wondering why he did that. When we were in the woods, he was nice to me. He even said he misses all the things that happened to us before. But what’s wrong? Why did he become like that? I really can’t understand it.

“Seohyun, do you have a problem my dear?” my grandmother asked me when she saw me in my room, sitting by the windows.

“Nothing halmeoni.” I replied then forced a smile.

“Are you thinking of something?” she asked again as she sat beside me. “When you were young, you would always sit here if you have a problem.”

“I just missed my friends.” I lied.

“Why? Don’t you like it here?” she asked me again.

“I love it here. I miss spending time with you and abeoji.” I replied. She smiled at me.

“How is your friend? The one you told me last month.” She asked. I told her about Yoona’s condition when she visited us. I asked her some advice I could give to Yoona. She was also fond of her.

“She’s fine. She’s progressing lately. She’s now opening up herself towards our other classmates.” I answered.

“I’m glad she’s okay. I know she’s a very sweet and good girl.” She said.

“It’s just sad because her brother isn’t awake yet. He’s still in coma.” I sadly said. She was saddened by the news too.

“I think its God’s plan for them. It would test their faiths and make them stronger.” She replied. She really knows what to say in these situations.

“So how are you and Yonghwa? Are you still friends?” she suddenly asked.

“We’re not friends anymore.” I replied. I feel irritated hearing his name.

“Why? I remember you stick like glue before.” She replied.

“We’re not same as before.” I replied as I sigh. I also regret what happened to our friendship.”He was not the same anymore.”

“I’ll tell you a story.” She suddenly said.

“There was once a girl who would always cry whenever she would visit her grandparents. She knew she would be away from her friend again.” She added. The story is quite familiar. Maybe someone told it to me already.

“Her parents and grandparents would do everything to get her distracted from it. They were successful on keeping her entertained. But every night, she would sit by the windows and look from afar. She would then cry whenever she remembers her friend. When it would be their last day at the province, she would be happy once again. She would bring back some things she can give to her friend.” She continued.

“I think I know that story. I might have heard it from somewhere.” I replied.

“Why of course! It’s our own story. You would always miss Yonghwa whenever you go here. I’ve been observing you since you were young.” She answered so that’s why I felt like I knew it.

“I remember you always cry whenever you would visit us here. You would sit at this same spot and cry.” She said. I was surprised by what she said. Our friendship is much deeper than what I thought.

“Really?” I asked still amazed. My grandmother knows me too well.

“Yes, so I know you two have problems. You can tell me about it.” She replied.

“Halmeoni, remember what happened when we were in middle school?” I asked. I decided to tell someone about it so that I could pour out my heartache.

“Ah yes, when he kissed you.” She answered. Her memories are still sharp.

“Then he told everyone I was lying.” I replied. “It happened again.”

“How? What happened?” she asked. Concern was present in her face.

“When Yuri invited us at their vacation house, he was there too. As usual, he would tease me throughout the day. But when we were lost in the woods, something happened. He then reminisced everything that happened to us before. He even said he missed all of the things that happened.” I said. I am now starting to cry.

“Then one night, he confessed his true feelings. He admitted he love me. He even kissed me. I was so surprised that I jerked him away and left. But he was drunk at that time so I was even more confused.” I added.

“I knew he feels that way to you. What did you answer?” she asked again.

“I haven’t got the chance to say something. Someone came so I hurriedly left. I was also startled by the kiss.” I answered. “Then the next day, he acted as if nothing happened. He was his usual self again. He even said he forgot what happened.”

“Maybe that’s the reason why he acted like that. He thought you don’t feel the same way. He might have thought you don’t like what he just confessed that’s why he’s acting like that to forget it happened.” She replied. So he’s using it as an escape gateway?

“He was drunk at that time so I don’t know if he’s really telling the truth.” I replied.

“But if you had the chance to say your side, what will you respond?” she asked again.

“I don’t know omeoni.” I answered.

“Seohyun, you always know what the answer is.” she replied. I was more confused of what she just said.

“The answer is here in your heart.” She added as she pointed out. I was then again silent. I know what she meant but I’m not sure of what my feelings are.

“I’ll  leave now so that you can think about it yourself.” She replied.

“Goodnight my dear.” She added as she kissed my forehead.

“Goodnight omeoni.” I said then she left.

My talk with my grandmother left me so much to think about. Did he really mean what he said? Is he acting like that because he thinks I don’t feel that way too? The bigger question is; Do I love him?


*Does Seohyun love Yonghwa too? Is her grandmother correct?

Find out soon! Please do share your comments and thoughts! khamsamnida! ^^

I'm sorry if I focused on Yongseo for now. It's for the story plot.

Next chapter: Frienship ring