Bus ride

If i gave you my heart

It was school day again and everyone is preparing for school. Donghae went early. He was waiting for someone at the gate.

“When will she arrive? I hope she’ll come early. I’m freezing out here.” He thought to himself. After a few minutes the girl he was waiting for arrived.

“Yuri.” He sighed. He then walked towards her.

“Hey Yuri!” he greeted her. “Good morning.”

She ignored him and walked passed him.

“Hey! I waited here in this cold weather for 20 minutes.” He said.

 “What do you want now!?” Yuri irritatingly said to him.

“I just want to say sorry for ditching your party. We didn’t intend it to happen. We told you already that we have to go somewhere.” He explained.

“You should have at least text me to say you can’t come.” She replied.

“But we did. Jong Hyun said he asked Nicole.” He said.

“Well. I didn’t receive one.” Yuri said then walked away.

“But..” Donghae uttered then went at the hallway front of 3-C’s room. He waited for Yonghwa and Jong Hyun to come. He even saw Yoona pass by but they didn’t acknowledge each other’s presence.

After a few minutes, He saw Jong Hyun walking towards him.

“Hey! Are you waiting for someone?” he asked Donghae.

“Hey. I’m waiting for you.” Donghae answered.

“So? What’s up?” he replied. “Something happened?”

“Listen. Did you text Yuri that we can’t come?” Donghae asked him.

“Why are you asking this all of a sudden?” he asked Donghae too.

“Just answer me.” Donghae replied.

“Chill bro. I asked Nicole to text them. Didn’t I tell you about it at the party?” Jong Hyun explained.

“I have to see Nicole.” Donghae said then walked away. He went inside their room and saw her with Gyuri and Hara.

“Nicole. Did you text Yuri that we can’t come?” He asked her.

“What are you talking about?” Nicole answered.

“You know? Last Friday night at the party? Didn’t Jong Hyun ask you to inform Yuri that we can’t come to her birthday party.” He asked again.

“Oh! I forgot to tell you. I haven’t informed them because I forgot I have deleted Yuri’s number. Hara and Gyuri doesn’t also have their numbers.” Nicole explained.

“What’s wrong?” Gyuri asked.

“Is there a problem?” Hara asked too.

“That explains it.” Donghae said.


“Good Morning.” I said as I entered the room.

“Good morning Yoona!” Yuri happily exclaimed. I’m glad she’s okay now.

“You know Donghae was waiting for me this morning.  He was apologizing for what happened.” She said. “I was kind of worried because he was waiting for me outside for 20 minutes and its cold out there.

“Really?” I replied. So he was also bugging her. “He was also apologizing to me last Saturday when I saw him.”

“Maybe they really mean it.” Yuri said.

“I don’t know.” I replied. Maybe Yuri’s right, maybe he’s really sorry. He called me many times to say sorry. He even waited for Yuri outside even though it was cold.

“Where is Seohyun?” I asked changing the topic. “She’s supposed to be here. The bell will ring soon.”

“I don’t know. She didn’t text me.” Yuri said. After a few minutes, Seohyun arrived.

“Ugh! Of all people! Why do I have to be in the same bus as him?” Seohyun complained as she sat.

“What happened?” Yuri asked. She was curious as I am.

“I rode the bus and saw Yonghwa.” She complained again. “And as usual he teased me.”

*Seohyun’s flashback*

“Ugh! I need to hurry! I don’t want to be late at school!” Seohyun complained as she put on her coat and shoes.

“Do you want me to drive you to school?” His father asked.

“It’s okay appa. I’ll take the bus. You might be late also.” Seohyun replied. “Goodbye omma, appa. I’ll go now!”

She then hurriedly went out and rode the first bus she saw. She then sat on the only empty chair next to a sleeping guy.

“Good thing I caught the early bus.” Seohyun said as she was fixing her hair and uniform. “I hope I won’t be late to school.”

“Did I bring my notebook in English? I hope I did or else I don’t have an assignment.” she said after 5 minutes checking her bag. The guy beside her was disturbed.

“Here it is! Good thing!” She exclaimed after seeing it. “I’ll text Yuri and Yoona to know if the class started.”She said then took out her phone.

“Excuse me miss. Could you please stay put and be quiet!?! Someone is sleeping here.” The guy said.

“I’m sorry.” Seohyun said towards the guy. She was surprised because the guy turned out to be Yonghwa.

“Hey Seohyun.” Yonghwa said as he realized it was Seohyun. “Good Morning”

“What’s good in the morning if you’re here?” she said. “Why are you here!?!”

“Why am I here!? I’m happy sleeping here and you came up, sitting beside me and waking me up!!” Yonghwa exclaimed at her. “Hey! Maybe you did it on purpose.”

“What!?! I did not!! I didn’t know you’re here!” she exclaimed back at him. “If I knew you’re also here, I would’ve taken the next bus.”

“And risk being late?” he teased. “Just enjoy this ride, okay? It might not happen to you again.”

“Ugh! Show off!” Seohyun complained. Yonghwa pretended to be asleep, he playfully leaned his head on her shoulder. Seohyun kept on dodging his head but she let it when she noticed he was really asleep.

“That’s what happens when you party all night.” She said.  They spent 10 minutes looking like that. Some people thought they were a couple.

“Look! They’re so sweet!” a schoolgirl said to her friend as soon as she saw them.

“Yeah! I wish I have a boyfriend too.” The other one exclaimed.

“They’re a cute couple.” An ahjumma said.

“Ugh!” Seohyun sighed. “Of all luck.”

“We were like this before every time we go to school. We have a great relationship as friends. Then I never knew what happened after, why he suddenly became like this; why we became like this.” Seohyun thought to herself.

“Hey! Hey!” she said to Yonghwa. “We’re here.”

She then left him behind. Yonghwa followed after.

“Hey! Hey!” he shouted to Seohyun. “Why are they talking about us? What happened?”

“Ask yourself.” Seohyun said then walked away.

“So you enjoyed the ride?” he again.

“In your dreams.” She replied walking faster towards the gate.

“Same time tomorrow Seo!” he exclaimed. “See you!”


“Ugh! I really hate him.” Seohyun exclaimed remembering what happened.

“I think you should come to school late again tomorrow.” Yuri also.

“I will make sure to come to school early.” She said as soon as the bell rang. “Good thing I arrived in time or else my day will be ruined. Then Miss Gil entered the room.

 

“Yoona. Hyoyoung said she saw you yesterday with a friend.” Hwayoung said as we sat in the cafeteria.

“Yes, I was.” I replied.  I was still curious of one thing about him.

“Who was it?” Yuri asked. She was curious of who was that friend since the thing about Donghae happened.

“Sunny. My friend from my former school.” I answered.

“So you’re on speaking terms again?” Seohyun asked me when Hwayoung and the others were talking about something. She doesn’t want them to know about it.

“Yeah. I met with her yesterday. She was the first one to contact me.” I answered.

“Good thing.” Seohyun replied.

“Hey Victoria! Where were you last Saturday?” I asked Victoria who was eating. “He was waiting for you.”

“I was doing an errand.” She answered. “He told me you accompanied him.”

“I was there too so I accompanied him.” I replied I don’t want her to think of something about me and Nickhun.

“Is that the reason why he’s happy? But…” Yuri was talking to herself again.

“I’m so happy it’s our Winter break next week!” Jooyeon exclaimed.

“Me too! I can’t wait!” Sori added.

They started talking about their plans for the break. I somewhat envy them because of it. I know I’ll be alone in the house all throughout. Where else will I go? I don’t want to stay at the hospital and mostly I’m not yet ready to face my former friends. If only….