Happy Family Reunion

If i gave you my heart

 

“How have you been Donghae? I’m really sorry if I weren’t with you these past few months. I just have to regain back myself from what happened.” His father said as they were in the car.

“It’s okay appa. I understand you. Actually, I’m doing well in school again. I’m an incoming senior at Seoul High.”He said as he focused on his drive.

“Good. I’m glad you made it through. I’m really sorry.” His father said again. Donghae smiled in assurance.

“Who is Kai? You told me he’s with your mother.” His father talked again. “He’s your son appa. When eomma left us, she found out she was pregnant with your second child. She didn’t leave with her boss. She went to Deajeon and raised Kai by herself.”

“But why didn’t she tell me? Why didn’t she inform us?” His father asked in confusion. He still can’t believe that all this time he has another son.

“Eomma was afraid that you won’t accept them; especially Kai. You might think he’s not yours. But believe me appa, when you saw him, he has your eyes.” Donghae replied which made his father think about things. “But how did you know all about this?”

“I hired an investigator to find her when you left. But I didn’t tell you because I still wasn’t ready to face her. I was still mad at her at that time.” Donghae said as his father felt the pain in his son. “But Yoona also went her way to find and locate her. When she did, she visited eomma at Daejeon and convinced her to meet with me. And that’s why we’re going there to meet up with them.” This suddenly teased his father. Although they weren’t divorced, it’s been years since he last saw his wife. And last time wasn’t a good memory.

 “By the way son, who was that girl who suddenly called me and told me to hurry back here in Seoul? I panicked when she told me that. I thought something bad happened to you. But she quickly replied your good and that you just need me. Is she Yoona?” His father suddenly said. This changed Donghae’s mood. His father noticed it. “She was a friend.” His father didn’t ask about Yoona anymore.

 

“We’re here.” Donghae suddenly said as he pulled up on a curb. They got out of the car and were outside the restaurant. “Appa, are you okay?” Donghae asked his dad; who’s now feeling more nervous and at the same time anticipating. He then nodded at Donghae and they then went inside.

There were many customers inside and they looked through them. Donghae then spotted to people sitting at the corner looking at them. He knows that by the looks of it; they were also tensed with the meeting.

Donghae gestured his father towards the two. While they were approaching them, the scene were suddenly like in a movie where everything slows down and there were anticipation and longing with each one’s eye as they look at each other.

When they got nearer, tears started forming in Mishil’s eyes for she’s been waiting for this for so long and because of Yoona it’s now coming true. “Kai, my son.” Mr. Lee said as he hugged Kai. Kai, in turn, held on him tight. He was crying like a little boy. All his life, he was yearning for a father and now he’s already in front of him. The staffs of the restaurant then drew the cover around them for privacy.

“I’m glad I can finally meet you my son.” His father said as he kissed him. Kai was also happy hearing it. “I’m also happy to see you, appa.” Mr. Lee smiled upon hearing it from Kai. Mishil was crying upon seeing the scene in front of her. Donghae, on the other hand, seems like he was plastered to the ground. He can’t still realize what’s in front of him.

“Donghae, you should greet your dongsaeng.” His father said. Donghae smiled and hugged him. “Hyung.” Kai said as they hugged. Donghae was now crying. “Kai.” Mishil who was also looking hovered over her two sons. “Donghae. I’m very sorry. I hope you can forgive your eomma for leaving like that.” She said as tears were continuously coming out. “Eomma.” Donghae hugged her tighter.

It was a heart-warming scene of them. Everyone who would see it will be touched by what was happening with the family. They were separated because of a mistake and now after long years, they have reconciled.

 

After a few moments, they went on with their seats and stories were exchanged among them.

“Donghae, I’m very sorry if I left you when you were young. God knows how I cry myself to sleep when I think about you. Every time I see a boy someone of your age, it always shatters my heart. I would always celebrate your birthday and I always wish you were with me celebrating it. It saddens me that I’m not part of your life as you got older.  When you were awarded in school when you’re in middle school, I dropped by on your recognition day. I went there to catch a glimpse of you even for just a few seconds. I was very glad that you were doing well even without me.” Mishil said as tears were forming in her eyes again. “I hope you find it in your heart to forgive your eomma who left you while you’re still young.” She then held on Donghae’s hand.

“Don’t worry eomma. I’ve forgiven you. I was just nervous of seeing you again.” Donghae smiled at her mother. “I really need to thank Yoona for doing this for us.” Mishil said again which made Donghae sad.

“I’m glad I know met you hyung and appa. Eomma always tells stories about you two. I envy all my friends with a complete family. I would always pray that one day we would see each other. I’m very thankful that it finally happened.” Kai also said with bright smile.

“Don’t worry Kai. We’ll never be away again.” Mr. Lee promised which made him happier. “How long are you going to stay here?” Mr. Lee asked.

“Eomma said we’ll stay here longer so that we can catch up with each other.” Kai replied. “Where are you staying as of this moment?” He then looked at Mishil.

“We’re staying at a hotel.” Mishil replied. “You should stay at the apartment. It can accommodate us. Staying in the hotel would just waste your money.  It has three rooms. Donghae and Kai can share so you can have your own room.” Mr. Lee said which made Kai happy.

“No it’s okay. Plus, I won’t stay for too long. I have a noodle shop to tend to back at Daejeon.”Mishil declined. Donghae was the one who offered this time. “The more that you should stay with us because Kai can’t be alone there. It would also mean more time for us to bond.” Donghae said which Kai also agreed into.

“Okay sure. I won’t interfere if that’s your request.” Mishil said which made all of them happy. “I would do everything to make my son happy. I will make-up for the time I’m away from you.”

 

“Hyung, you’re girlfriend is really pretty. I’ve met her twice already. If she wasn’t yours, I would’ve already courted her. She’s really nice and sweet.” Kai suddenly said. Donghae just smiled at him.

“Oh! She was your girl friend? You just told me she was just a friend a while ago. We should meet her and thank her for this.” Mr. Lee also said. “She’s really thoughtful to do this for us.”

“She really is. I’d really love to see her again. Donghae, you shouldn’t let her go. A girl like her is very rare; like a gem. Once you let it go, it won’t come back again and worst someone might took it away.” Mishil said which made Donghae even more depressed. She noticed it and asked him about it. “What’s wrong? Did you get into a fight?”

“We did. I made a huge mistake.” Donghae sighed. “And now she broke up with me. She won’t even talk to me and let me explain.” Mishil was shocked upon hearing the news. She can’t believe it was over between them. She really likes Yoona for her son.

“You shouldn’t give up, Donghae. I know how she loves you. I know you’ve had reasons why you did that but I hope you’ve learned your mistakes.” Mishil said as she soothes her son. “You should do what I did. You shouldn’t let go of the person you really love.”

“Your eomma’s right. You shouldn’t be like us. You should pursue her and prove to her you’re worthy of another chance.” His father also said in encouragement.

“If you won’t, I will pursue noona even if she’s older than me.” Kai also smirked. Donghae was encouraged from all of them. “I have to do something.” Donghae said as he stood up from his seat.

“Good Luck!!” Mishil happily said. “See you at home.” Donghae smiled at them and went on his way.

 

He got in his car and drove his way towards his destination. Upon arriving, he got out of his car and pressed the doorbell on Yoona’s house. He rang it twice and someone opened the gate.

“Yoong…” He then he saw it wasn’t her. It turned out to be their maid.

“Can I speak to Yoona, please? It’s urgent. I beg you Minah.” He said to the house help.

“I’m sorry, sir. You know I always grant your favor but not this time. She really doesn’t want to talk to you. I’m very sorry.” Minah replied with a sad look on her face. She was about to close the gate when Donghae stopped it.

“Just tell her this, Minah. Tell her I won’t go anywhere. I will do everything so that she would forgive me.” He then went on his car and drove away.

 

Minah closed the gate and looked up at the opened window. Yoona was looking through it. She saw and heard what Donghae said. “I’ve made up my mind.”

 

What do you think will be Yoona’s decision? Will this be the end for our Yoonhae couple? Look out for the remaining chapters to know what will happen.

Three more chapters to go and it’s already the end of this fic. But don’t fret my dear readers for I have thought of a new ff for them. I’ve already done the first chapter and it would just be a matter of days before I post it here. Please stay tune and I hope you will give it some love like what you did in this fic.

, COMMENTS ARE VERY MUCH LOVED AND HIGHLY APPRECIATED.Khamsamnida!