Chapter 9: The Truth

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9: The Truth

 

Last Christmas, it was seen that the Lim brothers – JB and Ui Bong – went to the hospital to visit Ui Bong’s mother since she was suffering from a bone cancer. Lately, we received a news that she passed away.

 

We would like to give our deep condolences to their family.

 

Lim.

 

At that same moment, I stood up and went to JB’s dorm. I knocked at the door. “JB.” I said. But no one was answering. I was about to leave the place when the door opened and I saw Mark there. I tried to look inside but Mark was too big for me to be able to see.

 

“Is JB there?” I asked.

 

“He’s talking with JYP.” Mark said.

 

I ran towards JYP’s office and I heard that JYP was talking to JB and Ui Bong. I kinda listen to what they were talking.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that. I’m going to give you a break JB.” JYP said.

 

I continue to listen there when someone held my hand. It was Jinyoung. I asked Jinyoung to stay quiet and join me to listen to their conversation.

 

“Thank you very much JYP-ssi.” JB said.

 

“JB?” Jinyoung told me. I tapped him and just asked him to be quiet.

 

I can’t hear JYP’s answer all I heard was footsteps towards the door. I immediately pushed Jinyoung but it was too late. JB already opened the door and saw us. Jinyoung smiled and ran away.

 

“JB” I said. “Ui Bong.”

 

Ui Bong just smiled at me, “Oh and Rhianne, about the papers, it’s already on the administration for approval.”

 

I smiled at Ui Bong and looked back at JB. I hugged him so tight. “I heard the news and I’m sorry to hear that.”

 

JB tapped my back and started walking away.

 

“Will it be fine for you to have a talk before you leave?” I asked him.

 

JB looked at me. “I’ll follow you there.” he told Ui Bong.

 

JB and I went to a quiet place where we can talk without anyone hearing. We sat down on a chair. JB looked at me. “So, aren’t you going to ask me?” he said.

 

“Is it real? That Ui Bong is your half-brother?” I said.

 

JB smiled. “Yes. We have the same father but different mother. When I was a child, I was living with them, but I wanted to be with my mother so I went back here in Korea and they went to Singapore.”

 

Singapore. They went to Singapore.

 

JB held my hand. “I thought you were intelligent, Rhianne.” he said.

 

And I was like, what?

 

JB smiled even more while seeing my face so shocked with what he is saying.

 

“I don’t get your point JB.” I said.

 

JB took the bracelet I’m wearing. “Yes, I was the one who gave you this because Ui Bong first found you.”

 

“Wait, found me?” I said. “Was I lost?”

 

He laughed with the statement I just said. I know, it’s really kinda funny though.

 

“I don’t know if you’re an idiot or just playing as one.” he said. “Of course you’re not lost. But it’s been a long time since he saw you.”

 

I started thinking. What is JB trying to say? I can’t understand him.

 

“Don’t go around the bushes, JB. Tell me what I need to know.” I said.

 

“Fine.” he said.

 

He then took something from his wallet. A picture he was taking. He showed me that picture. Suddenly,

 

“Beom and Bong.” I said.

 

I immediately looked at JB. So they were my Korean friends before.

 

“I know you’re closer than Ui Bong, since he was your playmate and I was just there when the two of you needed another playmate.” he said.

 

I’m starting to remember every single detail. Ui Bong was my playmate and JB is the older brother. I remember now. I looked at the picture again. Ui Bong and I were really happy and JB was just on the corner looking at us.

 

“How? What? Why?” I continue to ask them.

 

“I know you have a lot of questions.” he said.

 

I nodded to him. I really have a lot of questions. I don’t know how will JB be able to answer everything.

 

“Remember the time we moved out?” JB asked.

 

I simply nodded to him.

 

“It was the time when Ui Bong’s mom was diagnosed with cancer and they needed to go back to Singapore.” he said. “We weren’t able to say goodbye to anyone, not even to you.”

 

Yeah. I was shocked when I went to their house and no people were there. So that’s the reason.

 

“Years later, Ui Bong went here in Korea because he became a special trainee like you. But before that, he really decided to visit me here. That is when Ui Bong saw you singing on the streets. He told me that you’re here and he told me to give you a special bracelet. And that’s the origin of that bracelet.” he said.

 

I again looked at my bracelet. JB was the one who gave me this, but it was Ui Bong’s plan.

 

“I was kinda disappointed when you said you didn’t even recognize me. So as Ui Bong. He was the most disappointed person.” JB said.

 

I hit JB mildly. “Yah! I’m sorry I wasn’t able to recognize you easily. I already forgot your faces.” I said.

 

JB then pretend that his heart aches. “Ouch. It hurts.” he said.

 

I tapped him, “Not funny.” I said.

 

“But kidding aside, it’s one of the reasons why I’m very protective over you.” he said.

 

So it means, JB doesn’t like me. He just treats me as his friend. That’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter