Chapter 6: Tuan’s Family

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Tuan’s Family

 

Rhianne’s POV

 

So yeah, today I’ll be going to Tuan’s residence again. Rhianne, you can do it. You should be strong.

 

I took a deep breath as I held the door knob and opened it. I saw Mark standing in front of the door. So yeah, I’m going to be with him today. I’m going to celebrate Christmas with him again. But not like before. There’s a whole lot different from before and today.

 

We rode on the van and neither one of us talks inside the van. How could this silence, speak so loud? That’s all I can say inside my mind. I tried my best not to look at him, so I’m just staring at the window.

 

I’m still wishing everything would be fine. I want to forgive him but if I do that, I’ll lose.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark’s POV

 

Today, I’m going to be with Rhianne and my family. They asked me to be with her today and I don’t know what’s the reason is. But I’m still happy she’ll be coming even if it is somehow forced.

 

I took a glimpse of her while we were on our way but she never look at me. She was just staring so blankly outside the window. I’m sorry Rhianne. It’s my mistake.

 

That has just made me release a sigh. I can’t do anything. I held her hand and she just looked at it. She returned her sight outside the windows but she never removed my hands from hers.

 

Few more Mark. You’ll be at peace with her. Don’t give up.

 

Minutes later, we arrived. She immediately went out of the van without waiting for me. I just followed her. We continue walking and then mom was there waiting for us. She’s with my sister, Tammy, and Jessica.

 

I can see those waving hands and Rhianne just smiled and waved a bit. But then I realized, Jessica was also here with us. Maybe Tammy invited her here. We continue walking and my mom hugged Rhianne. Rhianne hugged back.

 

“How are you? Come let’s go inside?” my mom said.

 

Rhianne just smiled a bit and we went inside.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhianne’s POV

 

Jessica is also here so it means, even if Mark’s parents know about what happened to us, we still have to pretend that everything is alright between the two of us. Great.

 

We went inside the house and there I saw two kids playing. They may be Tammy’s children.

 

“Aunt Jessica!” one child said.

 

It really looks like Jessica is definitely close with this family. I wish I could also be. But it’s too late. Suddenly, I felt something warm touching arms. I looked at my left and it was Mark. “Are you sure you’ll be alright?” he asked.

 

I just managed to smile at him and at the same time nod. I went back looking at those kids. How I wish, I didn’t grow up. How I wish, I stayed like them, kids. But I didn’t and it wouldn’t happen even if I wish it because we humans are born to grow up.

 

I was about to sit down on the couch when Mama Tuan called me.

 

“Rhianne, could you please help me cook? I missed cooking with you.” she said.

 

“Sure.” I smiled and went to her. But I know there is something more behind it.

 

Now, we’re left in the kitchen, only the two of us. “What are we going to cook, Mrs. Tuan?” I asked.

 

She looked at me and smiled, “So it’s really awkward for you to call me Mama Tuan?” she said.

 

“Mama Tuan, rather” I said. “I’m sorry.”

 

She just smiled at me then she prepared the things we’re going to cook and I guess it’s going to be different this time. She started to beat some eggs and I came near her to help.

 

“I want to ask you one question, my dear.” she said.

 

My heart started to beat fast again. I’m feeling nervous in this kind of situation. I think, I’ll not be able to handle this. She gave me the eggs and asked me, “Do you still love Mark?”

 

Yes. I still love him but I shouldn’t.

 

I don’t know what to say to her. I lowered my head and in a few minutes I think my tears are gonna fall.

 

“No need to answer.” she said. “I already got my answer. Let’s just cook.”

 

Mama Tuan smiled at me and I don’t know what to do. I just tried to help her cook in the kitchen. I know there’s a reason why I’m here. I know.

 

Since all the cooking is done, we decided to stay at the couch. In there, they – Jessica, Mark, and Tammy – were playing with the children. I was just there watching them. I was staring at Jessica actually. I was actually thinking, why didn’t Mark like Jessica? I mean, she’s kinder and more beautiful than Wendy. But I guess, they just really treat each other as siblings. All I know now is, Jinyoung and Jessica are dating. That’s what Jinyoung always tell me and how I wish I’ll also have the same relationship like them.

 

I didn’t know that I was staring with Mark. Then I realized he was staring at me too. He just smiled at me and so did I.

 

I just smiled at him.

 

Minutes later, Papa Tuan and Joey arrived. “Oooh.” Joey said. “What a nice picture.”

 

Then Papa Tuan immediately tapped Joey and they went to the kitchen. Yeah, it’s a very nice picture. I’m here in their residence and I’m Mark’s ex-girlfriend. What a very nice picture, eh?

 

JB, I need you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter