Chapter 22: It’s Over

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22: It’s Over

 

“A lot has changed, a lot has to change. We’ve hurt each other so much, that making a happy ending is not that easy anymore. We were not the only ones who got hurt, Jessica, JB, Jinyoung, your mom, my parents and more. I think being with Jessica will be the best option.” he said with a faint voice.

 

He’s saying goodbye.

 

“But even if I chose that, please remember that I love you. I have always loved you and those facts will never change.” he said. Then I heard him sob.

 

“I love you… that’s why I’m letting you go.” he said.

 

And from that moment, a tear fell from my eye. Maybe we don’t deserve each other. Maybe we were just grasping on to this things that we will be fine when in fact we know that it will never be.

 

Yes, a lot has changed, a lot has to change. And right now, in this moment, it changed so much that it’s hard to return everything to its place. I guess this is really what they call love. You’ll never know it’s real until it hurts.

 

Slowly, I smiled. “I’m letting you go as well.” I told myself and wiped my tears.

 

I realized that all this time, I was staring at the mirror. What have I done with myself? Why did I change so much, from my hair, the way I dress, everything? This is not me.

 

I went near the mirror and stared at myself even more. “I’ll return.” I said as I wipe my tears.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m now at my hair stylist’s place. I’ve finally decided to cut my hair and to dye it back to black. This is who I am.

 

“Why sudden change of hairstyle?” she asked. “This image suits you a lot. You look so tough.”

 

I smiled at her. “I know. I was tough. Too tough that I made a lot of people hate me.” I said.

 

“Hate you?” she asked. “Who?”

“Too many to mention” I told her. Then she laughed a bit.

 

“If you say so.” she said as she took a pair of scissors and started cutting my hair. The old Rhianne will be back. I’ll be back.

 

After hours of fixing my hair, now, it’s time to go to my interview. A lot of people had been asking me for my interview. It’s been months since I went on TV. And JYP allowed me to be there though.

 

I went inside the van and saw Kahi unnie there already. “Oh, what happened to your hair?” she asked.

 

“It’s getting hotter here so yeah, I decided to cut a little bit.” I told Kahi unnie as I entered the van.

 

She smiled a bit to me and so did I. I sat down and looked at outside the window while waiting for us to arrive at the interview session.

 

Then I wondered what if Mark and I stop pretending right now? I mean, in this interview I’m going to announce that we broke up so it’ll be easier for him to move with Jessica, I guess. Yeah, right. It’ll be a great idea.

 

But what about JYP?

 

I know he’ll get mad but, whatever. I’ll just say what I have to say. That’s what I’m required to do. I’ll just tell them the truth.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark’s POV

 

I woke up lying at the couch. I guess I was too drunk yesterday. My head is spinning right now. It hurts a little bit. Suddenly, a cup was brought in front of my eyes. I looked who was holding it. It was JB.

 

“Here, have some coffee. It’ll somehow remove your hangover.” he said.

 

I took the cup, “Thank you.” I said.

 

I drank the coffee. Oooh, it makes my feeling better, somehow. I guess I was really too drunk yesterday. Actually, I know what I’m doing it’s just that, I can’t control myself. Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrated.

 

Jessica texted.

 

From: Jessica

 

Markyyy! <3 <3 How are you? Are you fine? :) Anyway, are you busy today? Can you come here again? I’m planning to bake a cake.

 

I replied to her.

 

To: Jessica

 

Okay. I’ll be going there. I’ll just fix myself.

 

Then she just replied with a smiley face. I stood up and started walking towards my room.

 

“Going somewhere?” JB asked.

 

I looked at him, “I’m going to Jessica.” I said.

 

I continued walking to my room. I am almost there when JB said something, “Are you happy” he asked me. But I didn’t answer him instead I went inside my room.

 

Am I happy? No. But I have to.

 

After a few minutes of preparing myself, I went to Jessica’s apartment. The moment I entered her room, she immediately kissed me on my lips. She was trying to remove my jacket and she succeeded. I held her cheeks and kissed her back.

 

This is what she wants.

 

We continue kissing until we reached the door near the kitchen. I stopped kissing her and I saw her bit her lips and smiled a little bit to me. “Why are you leaving me so unsatisfied?” she said.

 

I put my fingers on her lips. “Shhh.” I said. “What do you have here?” I said as I entered the kitchen and checked her refrigerator for food. Well, her refrigerator is definitely full. Then I felt her hugging me again.

 

“Will you stay here for this night too?” she asked me.

 

This night? No, I can’t, something might happen and I don’t want it to happen. “Too bad, I can’t. We have a meeting with JYP later.” I said even though we really don’t have a meeting later.

 

She pouted, “Is that so? Okay, fine.” she said. “Then, I’ll just give you a cake that I baked.”

 

I smiled at her and took some grapes and put it on my mouth. I went to the entertainment room and turned the TV on. I’m just watching some shows today then Jessica entered and sat down on my lap. “Yah, what are you doing?” I asked her.

 

She’s covering what I’m watching. She then looked at me and laughed. Then she sat down beside me and linked her arms on mine. She looks so happy. I just smiled at her. “It seems like you’re very happy right now.” I told her.

 

She immediately nodded to me. “Of course I’m happy because you’re here. You chose me.” she said. “It means you really love me.”

 

I just smiled again to her. I chose you not because I love you. I chose you because that’s the best thing I can do. If I chose Rhianne, a lot of people will be hurt but if I chose you, only I will get hurt. Rhianne will be happy with JB.

 

I’d rather sacrifice my own happiness to see other people’s happiness.

 

EMCEE 1: Hello everyone! Today, we are going to have a very special gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter