Chapter 18: Painful Truth

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18: Painful Truth

 

Mark’s POV

 

Jessica never understands me. She always thinks of herself. I know, I made a promise to her but Rhianne came to my life and I never expected that I’ll break those promises. Besides, we’re still young before. Who would have taken love seriously?

 

“No one’s gonna love you like I do, Mark.” she told me.

 

I looked at her and I saw her crying already. I removed my looks from her again. I hate seeing girls cry especially when they just want to be pitied. I stared outside the window. “No one’s gonna love Rhianne like I do.” I said.

 

I didn’t look at her anymore. We’ll just continue to fight and right now, I don’t want to have a fight with anyone, especially her.

 

“You promised.” she said. “And I’ll continue to hold on to it.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhianne’s POV

 

“Jessica was.” Wendy said.

 

Did I hear it right? Jessica? Jessica was Mark’s ex-girlfriend? But I thought…

 

*flashback when Mark was in the hospital*

 

After the interviews and stuff, I decided to go to Mark and visit him in the hospital. I know, it’s already late but I have to see him. My heart won’t be able to take it if something bad happens to him. I don’t know, and I don’t care but I’m going to go and see him there.

 

I went to the hospital and entered Mark’s room. It was dark there, it seems like no one is watching over him. I the light on a part of the room so at least there will be some light here. And also, I can’t see in the dark. I have vision problems.

 

I looked at Mark and he has a bandage on his head. It looks like something has hit him but thank God nothing worse happened. I stared at him as he sleeps. He really have this angelic face that even if he’s sleeping, you’ll want to kiss him.

 

I smiled at him then I stood up to fix the fruits that I brought. Well, I bought it on my way here. I bought some apples, JB’s favorite.

 

Wait.

 

Did I just say JB’s name? Hey Rhianne! Why are you thinking of JB right now? Aish. Anyway, I brought some apples, oranges and bananas. Well, I want him to get well soon.

 

Suddenly, “Rhianne?” Mark said.

 

I looked at Mark and he was barely opening his eyes. I guess he have felt that someone is here in the room. I made a Shh sign to him. “Shhh.” I said. “Close your eyes. Sleep first.”

 

But Mark is a little hard-headed. Instead of just going to sleep, he held my hands. “Will you stay with me until I wake up tomorrow morning?” he said.

 

It’s funny that at his condition right now, he still manages to ask me that thing. I smiled at him. “I will.” I said. Then Mark closed his eyes again.

 

I tried to remove my hand from him so he can sleep better but he was holding it tight. So it seems like I’m going to stay here. Well I guess, it’s a good way for us to be together again.

 

I sat down beside his bed while he was still holding my hand. Slowly, I can feel that his hand loosens a bit. Maybe he has fallen asleep already. I tried to remove my hands from him and successfully, I was able to remove my hands.

 

He is now sleeping.

 

I was just staring at him. I’m already tired today but I guess staying up late to guard him won’t make me tire even more. I know we broke up and now, I’m currently confused with what I’m feeling but, I have to give chance to everyone to prove themselves.

 

Suddenly, someone entered the door. She has a long hair.

 

“Jessica?” I asked her quietly.

 

She looked shock seeing me here. She was holding a plastic bag full of foods for Mark. Maybe she was the one guarding Mark today but she just went to the convenient store to buy some things.

 

I stood up, went to her and hugged her. She smiled a bit with me. “You can go back to the dorms now Rhianne.” she said. “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of Mark. You also need some rest.”

 

“But…”

 

“I can manage him, Rhianne. I know you’re tired. Just come here tomorrow.” she said.

 

I looked at Mark. Well, I guess, I’ll just come back tomorrow besides Jessica is here to look for Mark. I smiled at Jessica then slowly went out of the room.

 

“Oh and by the way, Rhianne.” Jessica said.

 

I looked at her. “If by any chance, Mark asked you if you came here tonight, please say no.” she said.

 

No? Why? I started to wonder why.

 

“Why?” I asked her.

 

“Mark knows you’re very busy today and he doesn’t want you to get tired. If he knows that you came here very late at night, he’ll just get mad at himself and it’ll be painful for his head to accept.” Jessica said.

 

“Oh, is that so? Okay.” I smiled at Jessica and left her there.

 

It’s weird.

 

*end of flashback*

 

“So that’s why…” I said.

 

“What’s that’s why?” Wendy asked.

 

I looked at Wendy. “Jessica asked me to say to Mark that I never went to the hospital to visit him.”

 

I slowly smirked at myself. I have not been fooled by my boyfriend but also by someone I called friend. Suddenly, I remembered Jinyoung. Weren’t the two of them dating? Jinyoung told me that they were almost…

 

Almost.

 

“Did Jinyoung know all of these?” I asked them.

 

“Junior was the first one who knew it.” Joey said. “And as a man, I can see that he is in pain. He was about to tell you the truth but Mark asked him to not tell because something might happen with Jessica.”

 

Then I started to wonder again. What could happen to Jessica? Is she sick or what?

 

“Jessica warned Mark that she will commit suicide if he will not choose her.” Wendy said.

 

Suicide? And because of that stupid idea, Mark and I broke up. And because of that reason, I am in pain for months. I might not have committed suicide but deep inside my heart, I’m already dead. Why Jessica? Why did you do this to me? I was a great friend to you but you…you took that most precious thing from me.

 

“And Mark didn’t even tell me a thing.” I told them.

 

“Because he was afraid, Rhianne.” Wendy said. “Mark may seem strong but in fact he is weak.”

 

Joey held my hand. “I’m telling you this because I don’t want you to get mad at my brother. If he is doing something with Jessica, I know he is doing it against his will. He loves you Rhianne and I’m telling you, it’s real. Please fight for him. Don’t give up on Mark.”

 

Now, I am trying to smile to them but deep inside, I’m slowly dying. Can I just shut my ears?! I don’t want to hear anymore. Everything I know right now, it’s stabbing my heart and now it’s badly bleeding that in anytime, I might die.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter