Chapter 21: Before I Let You Go

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21: Before I Let You Go

 

Author’s POV

 

After the incident that happened to Rhianne, they have decided to postpone her upcoming solo album to give her some more rest. GOT7 continued to have their tours in different places not only in Asia as well as in other parts of the world. Months have passed and there’s no Marhianne couple seen.

 

Rhianne, was staying at the hospital to continue her rehabilitation for fast improvement in her health. Her mom used to stay with her but decided to leave the country too so Kahi was the one who was staying with Rhianne throughout the rehabilitation. The past 3 months was definitely hard for Rhianne to recover. She lost weight so much that she really looks like a stick. But thanks to the vitamins, she’s slowly gaining back her figure before.

 

Fans continue to support Rhianne during her stay in the hospital and she always receives such compliments. There is still some hatred she receives but she just ignored those things.

 

This day, after the long wait, she’s back.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhianne’s POV

 

I can see the buildings again. I can feel the noisiness of the city. I can see the people running already for they might be late for their jobs. This is the city. It’s been months since I went out the hospital. I never even had the chance to visit or go around. I can only go to the garden.

 

Kahi unnie held my hand and smiled at me, “Excited?” she asked. I nodded at her.

 

Yes, I’m excited to be back. I’m excited to say that finally I have recovered although I know that there’s no more cure with my sickness but still I have the chance to change everything especially with the things I’ve made wrong, with the things I changed. I have the chance to make everything right, even if it seems so hard to put it all back together.

 

I wonder what they are doing right now, GOT7 and 15&. Do they know that I’ll be coming back today? I hope so. I missed them a lot and I’m really going to be happy if I see them, especially Mark.

 

I know. We’re over, right? Well, during my rehabilitations, I guess I realized how bad I am for not making him explain and not telling him the truth. At the end, I can’t blame him for that. I can only blame myself with the things I didn’t do and with the things I do in order to hurt the people I love.

 

The van turned left. We’re now here.

 

As soon as the van stopped, we immediately went out of it. I was about to enter the door when Kahi unnie covered my eyes with a blindfold. “Trust me.” she said.

 

I smiled a bit. I know they are planning something. Well, they are always like this and I guess I missed this moment.

 

Kahi unnie was leading the way. I don’t know where we are going. All I know is that, at the end of this way, there’s a surprise waiting for me. At least, I know what I’m hoping for. I know that at the end, it’ll be fine.

 

I’m sorry if I’m so emotional with everything I say. It’s just, I guess, my nature, the introvert, sensitive and emotional Rhianne.

 

We stopped. I guess we’re here.

 

Slowly, Kahi unnie removed my blindfold and I saw them holding a big banner. They all shouted “Welcome Back Rhianne!” They were all there.

 

Except for Mark.

 

I know he won’t come today. Why am I still expecting?

 

“Welcome back” I looked in front and it was JYP. I smiled at him and hugged him tight.

 

“It’s good to be back.” I said.

 

We were now celebrating my return. I can see smiles especially in their eyes and all I can do is to smile back at them. We were having a mini celebration for my return. There were singing, some games and even foods.

 

But all throughout the celebration, Mark wasn’t there.

 

Someone tapped my back. It was Jinyoung. “Still looking for him, eh?” he told me.

 

I smiled faintly at Jinyoung, “I just never thought we would end up that way.” I bit my lip and took a deep breathe. “But I guess, if you really love someone, it doesn’t mean you have to be with him.”

 

Jinyoung looked up, “I guess so. At least they became a part of our lives, right?”

 

I nodded at Jinyoung and he hugged me. Thank you for being my best friend, Jinyoung. We always have same happenings especially with our love lives. I guess we’re destined to be best friends because we know the feeling of each other.

 

“Smile there. Enjoy your return here.” he said as he tapped my shoulders.

 

I guess I should be enjoying this party and this life. Life is too short to be sad. Sixty seconds of sadness is a minute of happiness that will never be returned. Yeah, I learned a lot from what I experience. We should not waste every second because it is important for us.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark’s POV

 

Rhianne has finally arrived at the dorms. I know. Even though I wasn’t there, I know. I really decided not to come there anymore.

 

To: Jessica

 

I’m outside your apartment.

 

Yes, I decided to go to Jessica’s apartment. I guess her apartment will be better since no other people are there.

 

After a few minutes, Jessica went out of her apartment and fetched me at the van. We then went inside her apartment. “Uhm, Mark.” she said.

 

I looked at her, “Yes?” I answered.

 

“Laureen is here. She visited me here.” Jessica said as she smiled to me.

 

“Oh, is that so? Great.” I said.

 

While we were walking, I noticed Jessica’s ear. She added another piercing on her ear. Well, I think it suits her. But even without that piercing, she’s beautiful. We now entered her apartment and I saw Laureen there.

 

“Hi Mark!” she said.

 

I just smiled at her and nodded a little.

 

I sat down on a sofa there near the window. The days are so fast. It has been months since I’ve been doing this. But I guess, I’ll get used to it, a life without Rhianne. I lived for twenty years without Rhianne, so maybe, I can also live the next years without her.

 

Laureen put a wine on top of the table, no it’s not a wine, it’s a soju. “A bottle won’t kill, right?” she said.

 

Jessica looked at me and smiled a bit. “Let’s add some more.” I said.

 

I want to drink right now. Just let me.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhianne’s POV

 

It’s already evening and I haven’t had a glimpse with Mark. I decided to look at the backstage, maybe he’s there. I took a book of Lang Leav. Jinyoung bought this for me during my rehabilitation days. But because I’m too busy, I wasn’t able to read it.

 

Maybe it’s time to read this.

 

I went to the backstage with a hope that Mark is there. I’m hoping that he’s there. I opened the door and turned the lights on, but still, no Mark can be found.

 

I guess it’s really over between us.

 

I smiled a bit and sat down on the chair I usually sit. It gives me a lot of memories, memories that won’t ever happen again. I took the book Jinyoung gave me and I opened it. This book was a compilation of her poems and every poem has different meanings. There are hidden meanings or sometimes it’s the exact meaning.

 

One poem caught my heart.

 

Reasons

I wish I knew why he left. What his reasons were.

Why he changed his mind.

 

For all these years, I have turned it over in my

head – all the possibilities – yet none of them make

a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter