Chapter 29: Meeting the families

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29: Meeting the families

 

Like the past months (or year), JYP Entertainment allows us, artists, to have a vacation with our family. But on this short vacation, Mark and I will go to the Philippines since he wanted to ask forgiveness from my mom.

 

I really never thought he’d be that thoughtful and how humble to accept his mistakes. And I simply thank God for giving him to me. I guess, he is one of the best gifts I received in my entire life.

 

So today, the two of us are on the way to the airport.

 

A few moments later,

 

“Ready?” I asked him.

 

He looked at me and smiled. “I’m always ready.” he said. Then he held my hand and we now entered the airplane. Before entering, we can see a lot of fans inside the airport. There were also these fansite noonas – those who take pictures of us and upload it on the internet.

 

But Mark and I were not afraid anymore since they have accepted it before, so we’re pretty sure they’ll still accept it until now. But as of now, we haven’t given any statement about our true relationship. I guess, it’s better to stay quiet about those things. Besides, it is our private life.

 

Now, we’re inside the airport and I immediately leaned my head on the chair and closed my eyes. I’ll just sleep throughout the whole trip.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours later…

 

Finally, we have arrived at the Philippines. Since we left in Korea early, we have arrived here quite early too. Well, not really early, but it is still considered a part of the afternoon. Anyway, we took our luggage and started walking to the lobby of the airport.

 

Suddenly, I felt that Mark wasn’t walking. He stopped for a bit. I then looked at him, “Is there something wrong? Or is there something you left? Why stop?” I continually asked him.

 

He shook his head. “Nah. I’m just waiting for some people.” he said.

 

Some people? What does he mean by that? Is he expecting someone else to be with us today? Who could it be?

 

“People?” I asked him.

 

Suddenly, I saw a bright smile in his face. He immediately runs towards the left side of the lobby. “Yah Mark!” I shouted and followed my eyes on him. Suddenly, I saw this group of people that really made my jaw drop.

 

“Papa Tuan?” I exclaimed.

 

“Hi there darling!” Mama Tuan said as she went beside Papa Tuan. Suddenly, I saw Joey was there with them too.

 

“Hi Rhianne!” he said.

 

I looked at them and Papa Tuan keeps on smiling weirdly at me. I went near them. “So…you’re going to come with us?” I asked them.

 

“Why? Don’t you want?” Papa Tuan asked.

 

I shook my head. “No it’s not what I meant. It’s just that… Mark never told me that you’d be coming with us. I thought it was only the two of us.” I said. “Oh and by the way, where are Tammy and Grace?”

 

“They can’t come. Tammy needs to be with her family and Grace has a job so yeah, they can’t leave.” Joey said.

 

“How about you? Don’t you have school?” I asked him.

 

“Well, it’s spring break.” he said.

 

I again looked at Mama and Papa Tuan. “It’s nice to see you again.” I said.

 

Papa Tuan then hugged Mama Tuan a bit, “Well, it’s really a great opportunity to meet our future daughter-in-law, eh?” then he laughed a bit.

 

I saw Mark hit Papa Tuan a bit asking him to stop saying those things. I find them really funny. I don’t know but the moment Papa Tuan said daughter-in-law, my heart jumped. It will always be a girl’s dream to be able to walk at the aisle wearing that white gown while petals are scattered on the way.

 

But for now, I guess, it’s too early to think about it. I mean, Mark and I are still too young. We still have a lot of dreams to fulfill first.

 

“So I guess, we should be going?” Mark said.

 

I nodded and we started walking out the airport. We took a cab going to our house. While we were on the way, Mark looked at me with a very questionable look. “Where are we going?” he said.

 

“To my house.” I answered him.

 

“But this isn’t the way.” Mark said.

 

I then smiled, “You haven’t been in our house. The one you went to before was my grandma’s house. Right now, since the house has been renovated, they moved back there. And I guess, grandma is also staying there right now.”

 

“Okay.” Mark said then he looked back at the window.

 

Then I started to wonder. Mark has only been in my grandma’s house once and I can still remember that he was asleep when we were on our way. How in the world was he able to say that this is not the way to our house?

 

It’s kinda weird. Well anyway, I guess, we’ll all be sleeping until we reach home.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes later,

 

We have finally arrived in front of our house. We all went down of the cab and took our luggage.

 

“You’re house is big and beautiful.” Papa Tuan exclaimed.

 

I smiled at him. “We actually renovated it. Mom doesn’t want to make the house as big as this since only the three of us stay here. But my dad wanted to so yeah, mom can’t do anything about it.” I told Papa Tuan.

 

I then looked at Mark. He looks kinda nervous. I went near him and held his hand. “I’m just right here beside you. Don’t worry.” I said. Then he smiled weakly.

 

All of us started to enter the gate. I was about to open the door when Mark stopped me. I looked at him. “Let me do it.” he said.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark’s POV

 

I feel so nervous right now. I don’t know how to feel. It’s like I want to back out from this scene. But no, Mark. You should be a man. You should ask forgiveness to them. Besides, Mama and Papa are here, also Joey. And Rhianne. They won’t leave me.

 

I closed my eyes a bit and then turned the knob. I saw an old lady walking there. It’s Rhianne’s Grandma.

 

“Oh?” she said. I opened the door wider until she was able to see my family and Rhianne. “Rhianne?” she exclaimed.

 

She immediately ran and hugged Rhianne. Rhianne was so happy to see her. “MYLENE! ANDITO ANG ANAK MO!” she shouted. (Mylene! Your daughter is here!)

 

“Ano?” Rhianne’s mom said. (What?)

 

Then I saw Rhianne’s mom walking down the stairs. Then she paused for a bit when she saw me. “What are you doing here?” she told me.

 

And my heart beat faster than usual. I do not know what to say. Words won’t simply fall into my mind. I felt Rhianne holding my hand. Then I felt Papa Tuan touched my shoulder. “Hi there Rhianne’s mom! By the way, I am Raymond, Mark’s dad. This is Dorine, my wife and my other son, Joey.” he said.

 

Rhianne’s mom just weakly smiled then immediately walked-out of the scene. “MYLENE!” Rhianne’s grandma shouted. “That’s not a good way to entertain the visitors.”

 

“Wala akong ineexpect na bisita ngayon.” Rhianne’s mom said. (I don’t expect visitors today)

 

Honestly, I didn’t understand what she said. But I bet it wasn’t a good thing. Suddenly, Rhianne’s grandma touched my shoulders. “I am sorry for my daughter’s attitude towards you guys. It’s just that she might be having some problems. But anyway, come inside. Have a seat.” she said.

 

I didn’t want to enter but Papa Tuan pushed me. “Osang! Call the others and bring the visitors’ things inside the guest room. Faster!” grandma shouted. Then their maids immediately went to us and took our things.

 

We sat down on the sofa bed. “Your house is big and nice.” Papa Tuan exclaimed.

 

“It’s because this family have joined forces to renovate this house. Rhianne has been working so hard to help her family.” she said. “Oh and by the way, it’s not that I don’t want you here but what is the reason why you guys are here?”

 

“We decided to visit the family of Rhianne since we knew that Mark and Rhianne got reconciled.” Mama said.

 

“It’ll be a great thing to know more of each other. Good thing, I’ll be staying here for the next weeks.” she said.

 

“Oh? Why?” Rhianne asked.

 

“Tomorrow, Uly, your godson will be having a family day at their school and I’ll be attending there. You can join us if you want. You just have to wear green.” she said.

 

“That will be a great idea.” Papa Tuan said.

 

Then they all looked at me. I just put my head down. And now, they will just be thinking about that family day while me, I’m going to think of a way how to make Rhianne’s mom forgive me.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night…

 

Rhianne’s POV

 

Now, the Tuan family is now inside their room. We had dinner but mom never dared to join us. Grandma has been scolding my mom but still she doesn’t listen. And because of that, I decided to go my mom’s room.

 

When I entered, she was busy doing her works inside her room. She was so busy with all those papers she was holding. “Ma” I said.

 

Then she looked at me and smiled. She stood up and hugged me tight. “Why didn’t you say you’ll be arriving today? I could’ve fixed a little bit.” she said.

 

“Nah!” I exclaimed. “That’s not important. The important here is, I’m already here.”

 

She smiled at me then she sat down on her bed. “So, you even brought his family eh?”

 

I sighed a bit. “Mom,” I said. “Mark wants to ask for your forgiveness.”

 

“So you have just forgiven him easily?” she asked.

 

I shook my head and hugged her. “It took me months before I forgave him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter