Chapter 13: Date

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13: Date

 

“I’m going to take you to a date.” Mark said. He then started walking again and never looked at me. He just continued to walk and walk and walk and pull me. That’s all.

 

I didn’t resist any more since it’s the only way to stop JYP from doubting our relationship. But what he doubts about is really real. Mark and I, we’re over and I think it will never be back.

 

We went outside and rode the van. Inside the van, we weren’t talking. Suddenly, I saw him took his phone and called someone. “I’m on my way.” he said.

 

I wonder who he is talking with. What does he mean by I’m on my way? Hello, I’m with you right now Mark. Did he plan to go somewhere tonight and I just happened to bumped him so I’m with him right now? But anyway, the more important thing here is we should date, even if it is a fake one.

 

Right now, Mark never looked at me. He was just staring outside the window. I smiled a bit and just looked out too. At this time, pretending things can also make me happy. My phone then vibrated and JB was calling.

 

“Hey!” I said. “Why did you call?”

 

“Are you with Mark right now?” he asked.

 

“How’d you know?” I asked.

 

“Nothing. Enjoy.” then he ended our conversation.

 

Enjoy. That’s what he said. Is he making me laugh? How will I enjoy this kind of scene? But actually, I’m kinda enjoying it, somehow. At least, I’m with him right now. I missed this time actually.

 

A few minutes later, we arrived at a restaurant. Mark held my hand tight as we enter the restaurant.

 

“Mark” a girl shouted. I looked at her and it was Jessica.

 

She was shocked when she saw me. I guess, they plan to have a dinner the two of them but suddenly, I invited Mark for a date.

 

We came near her. She was looking at us. “Rhianne.” she said. “I thought Mark will be the only one to come. Anyway, sit down. It’s good that you’ll also be here. Waiter!”

 

Then she started to order some foods. Mark gave me a menu. “I’m not hungry.” I told him.

 

He stared at me then took the menu. “Two Italian Pasta with 2 lemonades as their drinks.” Mark said and he gave back the menu to the waiter.  He then looked at me, “Even if you don’t want to eat, when you’re with me, you should it.”

 

I smiled a bit to him then looked at Jessica. I smiled at Jessica too. It looks like she noticed something from Mark and I. “Are you sick Rhianne?” she asked.

 

“Sick?” I said.

 

“It looks like you’re pale right now. You barely smile. You’re not the Rhianne I knew before.” she said as she was touching my cheeks.

 

I smiled at her, “You’re just seeing the other side of Rhianne.” I said. “And, I just arrived from the shooting of EXO Showtime.”

 

“EXO Showtime?” Mark asked. “So, you saw Kai?”

 

I nodded at him. “Why? Is there a problem?”

 

I saw Jessica smirked at Mark. “Just don’t mind him Rhianne.” Jessica told me.

 

Slowly, I felt someone holding my hands tight. It’s Mark. I just smiled a bit to Mark and we just waited for the food to arrive.

 

Jessica then put out her phone. “Let’s take a picture.” she said. We took a picture and immediately she posted on Instagram. Mark was also looking at his phone. Maybe, he’s looking at our picture.

 

Few minutes later, the food arrived. I really don’t have the will to eat but the food will be wasted if I won’t eat it. Mark suddenly took my fork and rolled a bit of pasta. “Open your mouth.” he said.

 

I smiled at him. “I can eat on my own.” I told Mark as I was trying to get the fork from him. “You don’t need to feed me.”

 

“I want to do this. Just let me, for this time.” he said. “Now, open your mouth.”

 

I looked at Jessica and she smiled at me. I opened my mouth then Mark feed me with the pasta.

 

“The two of you really look cute.” Jessica said. She then took her phone. “Well, it looks like I have to leave.”

 

Jessica took her last bite and left without us knowing why she left immediately. I guess, she’ll be meeting with Jinyoung or not? Well, whatever. They’re already grown-ups. They know what is right and wrong.

 

Now, Mark and I were left. I looked at him, “I guess, we need to go back to the dorms.” I told him. “Besides, we already posted a picture of us together. JYP won’t doubt, I guess.”

 

Mark shook his head. “I told you, we’re going to have a date and not just a dinner.” He continued eating and I was just staring at the food.

 

“It won’t disappear unless you eat it.” Mark said.

 

I looked at him, “Why are you still like that, Mark?” I asked him.

 

“Like what?” he said.

 

“I thought you wouldn’t care anymore.” I told him.

 

He swallowed his food then drank a bit of the lemonade. He took a deep breath and smiled at me. “Because I’m a boomerang, Rhianne” he said.

 

“Boomerang?” I asked him.

 

“Even if you keep on throwing me away, I’ll continue to go back to you.” he said. Then he continued to eat. Why is Mark making me feel this way?

 

Minutes later…

 

He called the waiter and asked for our bill and he paid it. After that, he held my hand again and pulled me.

 

We rode the van again and we went to the mall nearby. When we arrived there, Mark immediately held my hand and we were like walking while holding hands. I was just looking at our hands. It has been a long time since he held it like that.

 

We stopped at a store full of sunglasses. He took some glasses and fit it for himself. “How’s this?” he asked. “Am I handsome?”

 

Then he wore another one, “Or does this suit me better?” he asked me.

 

Mark is being a child right now. But seeing him smile like that, it flutters my heart.

 

I was looking from other glasses. I don’t usually wear glasses except if I really have to. Suddenly, Mark grabbed my hand and gave me one. “Here’s for you and here’s mine.” he said. “It’s a couple shades.”

 

I looked at him, “But we’re not a couple anymore.” I told him.

 

He shook his head. “You’re the only one who gave up. We’ll still be a couple until both of us give up.” he said then he wore the shades.

 

Was I really the first one to give up, Mark? Weren’t it you? You chose Wendy over me, can’t you remember that? Then now you’re saying I’m the first one who gave up? I can’t understand you.

 

Mark bought those shades and we went outside looking for more shops. He never let go of my hand. I noticed it.

 

Then, we stopped on another store. It sells different kind of things. Mark was looking at the caps while I was just looking at him while he chooses. “Look for something you want to buy and tell me, I’ll buy it for you.” he said.

 

I roamed around suddenly a thing caught my eye, a notebook without lines. I went there to take a closer look. “I want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter