Chapter 35: The ‘REAL’ Home

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 35: The ‘REAL’ Home

 

Mark’s POV

 

In every story, the end is the much awaited thing of every reader. It is where everything and the whole thing is being revealed. But I guess, in this story, our story, there’s nothing to reveal more. We ended up being together.

 

The moment he came with me in America and even dared to not attend a special event in his life just to visit me when I got hospitalized, I realized he was the man I should be with for the rest of my life.

 

That night, when Mark knelt and took out a ring inside his pocket, it was the time I felt that I was loved. It was the time I felt that finally, I’m going to get married with someone I love. I didn’t think about it anymore and I said yes to him because I’m sure. I’m sure that we’ll be together.

 

And I guess, that is how our story will end. Happy ever after. Like in great stories, there will always be a rainbow after the rain. Mark and I have been through a lot of things and ending up together means one thing, we chose to be together even if a lot of things try to go on our way.

 

Before I end this story, I would like to thank the person who gave me this notebook. In return to you, I made this story. I can’t say that everything written in here is a happy one but I can assure you that it’s a great one. Thank you.

 

For all those people who have been with me and at the same time who has been against me, thank you for without you, I don’t know how this story will go. You guys made this story with me. We’re all in this together.

 

And lastly, to my one and only Mark, thank you. Thank you for not giving up on me because if you did, I don’t know how this story will end. Thank you very much for everything, for the pain, the heartaches, the happiness, the surprises, everything. Those things made this story. It’s our story. In a few days, we’ll be entering another milestone in our lives. We’re going to get married and start our own family. As early as now, I thank you for being a good husband and a good father to our future kids.

 

This chapter may end, but our story, it will go on. Forever.

 

I closed the notebook Rhianne gave me and what do I feel right now? I don’t know. With this book, I realized how hurt she has been during the time we broke up. I didn’t know a lot of things about her. I didn’t know that Jessica talked to her and everything. I know nothing.

 

I feel such a worthless guy. But no, Rhianne will get mad at me if I say that I’m worthless. She gets mad at me whenever I feel that I’m worthless. And at this point in time, I tried to smile at my mistakes. We can’t return the past but at least, we ended up happy.

 

My eyes were still looking at this notebook. It’s her gift for me and I will treasure it forever. In a few minutes, I’m going to see her again wearing white, smiling at me, happily. My heart is pounding so fast. I feel so nervous seeing her there, today.

 

“Mark.” Papa Tuan opened the door looking at me. “They are all waiting for us. It’s time to go.”

 

I stood up and left the notebook on top of my table. Papa Tuan tapped me and smiled a bit at me. I know you’re trying your best Papa Tuan but no one can calm me at this moment. I feel so nervous. I’m so nervous that maybe in a few moments, I may collapse and burst out. But no, I shouldn’t.

 

We rode the car. Papa was driving it and Mama was with us together with Marhianne. I looked at the window while we are on the way there. I was staring at the nature trying to calm myself but then everything started to flash to my mind.

 

*flashback*

 

“This is the day!” Papa Tuan said as he was fixing my necktie and tapping my shoulders. “I have waited for this day to come that finally, my boy is now a fully grown-up man.”

 

I simply smiled at Papa Tuan. Honestly, I feel so nervous today. But I’m so excited. Finally, Rhianne and I will get married today. Ahhh. The guests are starting to arrive at the venue and even my co-artists are here already. Everything is ready. We’re just waiting for Rhianne to arrive.

 

Rhianne wished to have a beach wedding and yes, I decided to give her that kind of wedding. The wedding is here in the Philippines, somewhere around Batangas. The beaches here are wonderful and I guess, it’s really something memorable.

 

“The bride has just arrived.” JB told me.

 

I chose JB to be my best man. He definitely deserves to be my best man. He did a lot of things for Rhianne and I.

 

Then the guests started to go to their places and then the music started to play. This is it. Some of the maid honors started to walk down the aisle and at the end, I saw Rhianne together with her parents wearing that beautiful white dress. No, it’s not the gown since we’re on a beach but still, she’s beautiful.

 

My heart started to beat faster and faster as she walks down the aisle. I can see her beautiful smile and now I realized, I’m very blessed to have her as my wife. The ceremony then started.

 

And like all other people, these are the words we’ve been waiting to hear.

 

“By the power vested upon me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” the pastor said.

 

I looked at Rhianne and saw her little bit teary but with a big smile on her face. “I love you.” I said.

 

“I love you too.” she replied. And I kissed her.

 

On that moment, I know, we’re already married.

 

Cheers from the crowd can be heard and from that day, I have lived the best days of my life.

 

*end of flashback*

 

“Wahhhh, waaahhhh,” my daydreaming stopped when I heard Marhianne crying.

 

“Shhh, shhh, stop crying baby. We’re going to see mommy in a bit.” mom said as she was trying to stop Marhianne from crying.

 

Marhianne, a combination of my name and Rhianne’s name, is the name of our first baby. I stared at Marhianne and I remember how she came to us.

 

“But Mama won’t be able to see us.” Aiden said.

 

“No. Mama can see you.” Mama said.

 

*flashbacks*

 

Mama and Papa Tuan decided to visit us in our house. So Rhianne decided to prepare a lot of foods for them. While Aiden and I were so busy playing with each other. Yes, Rhianne and I decided to adopt Aiden since we still have no kids.

 

In a few minutes, Mama and Papa arrived with my brother and sisters and together with my nieces.

 

“Mark!” Tammy exclaimed. I immediately gave them a hug.

 

“So our little Aiden is having fun eh?” Tammy said.

 

“Papa made me a basketball court at the back of the house. We were playing earlier.” Aiden told them.

 

Then Papa Tuan immediately carried Aiden and Aiden giggled so much. “Did you miss grandpa?”

 

I saw Aiden nodded a bit and then everyone laughed. Then Rhianne went out from the kitchen while still wearing her apron. “Hi everyone!” she exclaimed.

 

“Oh Rhianne!” Mama said. “You look so tired.”

 

Rhianne wiped here sweats and just managed to smile at them. I came near her to hug her a bit. “Well, I have been preparing some foods for you. Come on, let’s eat first. The food tastes better when it’s hot.”

 

Everyone then went to the table to eat. I helped Rhianne prepare the foods on the table. It seems like she is not feeling well. I took the food Rhianne is holding. “Are you alright?” I asked her.

 

She breathes heavily but still managed to smile. She pinched my cheeks and smile. “I’m fine. Don’t you worry about me.”

 

I then approached them at the table. I can still see Rhianne very weak. Everyone started to eat except for Rhianne.

 

“Are you alright Rhianne?” Tammy asked.

 

Rhianne looked at Tammy and she stood up. Not in a few seconds, she collapsed and everyone panicked. We immediately brought her to the hospital. And the first thought that entered my mind during those moments was Rhianne’s sickness.

 

HCM is not a curable disease. What if…

 

She went in the emergency room and we waited until the doctor came out. I think it took an hour before the doctor went out. “Who’s the husband of the patient?” the doctor asked.

 

I immediately stood up. The doctor nodded a bit. She smiled at everyone. “You may now see her. She’s already fine.”

 

We immediately went to her and saw that she is awake already. The doctor then approached us. “I’d like to congratulate both of you.” she said.

 

We looked at her. “She’s 6 weeks pregnant.”

 

I saw Rhianne enlarged her eyes and her smile became wider and wider. Wait. I’m going to be a father with my own child. “I’m going to be a father.” I said.

 

“But you’re already a father.” Rhianne said.

 

Oh yes, I’m a father to Aiden. But what I mean is that I’m going to be a father with my own child.

 

*end of flashback*

 

And that I guess was one of scariest things I experienced. I thought at that moment, Rhianne will leave us but now. Instead, she brought another life. But I guess, giving birth is really painful.

 

Here we go again.

 

I felt someone holding my hand. I looked at my right and saw Mama.

 

She didn’t say anything instead she just smiled at me with a little teary eye. Don’t be like that mama. It just adds to what I feel right now. Don’t cry in front of me, please. I tried to smile and looked back at the window. In a few minutes, I’ll see you again.

 

After a few minutes of driving, we have arrived here. They all went down of the car while me, I’m still staying here. I want to go down but my feet just won’t let me. I feel like my body is trembling with so much fear. I don’t know. It feels like I’m going to collapse anytime. I feel so nervous.

 

Suddenly, someone tapped the window. I opened it and saw JB there. “Come out now, Mark. She’s waiting for you.”

 

I don’t know if I can go out right now. I looked at JB trying to control my tears. He opened the door of the car. “You can do it Mark. For Rhianne.”

 

My hands trembled even more. My legs were shaking the moment I took a step out of the car. JB tried to help me stand up. We started walking to… we started walking towards there.

 

The moment people saw me, they moved away and gave me a space to walk through. I looked at JB. “She’s waiting for you.” he said.

 

I looked in front of me and I looked from everywhere. They were now expecting me to walk towards there. I saw JYP a little bit biting his lips trying to control his tears. I should walk now. Slowly, step by step, my heart beats heavier same as the steps I’m taking. Slowly, as I walk, I can see her smiling beautifully with flowers around her.

 

And slowly, step by step, I am near her. Now, I’m in front of her. But she is just smiling at me without saying anything. I wanted to hug her but I can’t. That’s the moment when finally, I have admitted that I’m weak. I knelt down on my knees.

 

“Rhianne.” I said but I heard no reply.

 

I know at this moment, she wanted to hug me but she can’t. She won’t be able to hug me because she’s gone and all I can see now is the picture right in front of me that reminds me of her face. She’s gone. And it hurts.

 

I tried to stand up from my feet but I can’t. Jinyoung and Jackson then helped me stand up. I looked at Jinyoung’s face and saw him crying too. I looked at everyone especially Rhianne’s mom. She’s crying badly.

 

I looked at everyone and bowed down to them. “I’m sorry.” I said. “I tried my best to not cry right now because I know Rhianne doesn’t want me to cry. I did my best but I can’t.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter