Chapter 32: Like Wendy

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 32: Like Wendy

 

“Mark.” I told him.

 

Did he hear what JYP and I talked about? I hope not. I don’t want him to get pressured about me staying here instead of going to Hollywood.

 

He pulled me. “Let’s go on a date.”

 

As in right now? With this look? I haven’t changed my clothes since rehearsals and I guess, I smell awful. “Can’t I change my clothes before going out?” I asked him.

 

We then stopped walking and he looked at me. “But you look fine.” he said.

 

“I may look fine but…” I said.

 

“Okay.” he said. “I’ll give you 10 minutes to change. I’ll just wait here at the lobby.”

 

I smiled at him and immediately went to my dorm to change my clothes. While I was on my way, I was able to bump to someone.

 

It was Jinyoung.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark’s POV

 

Now, I am currently waiting for Rhianne as she changes her clothes. Honestly, I really have no idea where to bring her tonight. I just want to spend this night with, just making sure that her decision for staying here is right.

 

It’s not being selfish. I’m just taking care of what may happen. It’s hard to have a long distance relationship and I simply don’t want her to find someone better. I know I doubt her love for me but what can I do? I mean, I love her so much and I never felt it before.

 

Suddenly, someone just passed. Wait. I know her.

 

“Jessica?” I said.

 

Then she looked at me, “Mark.” she said.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

 

She just smiled a bit and did not answer my question. She started walking closely to me. “So I heard that Rhianne has declined the offer for Hollywood, was it because of you?” she asked me.

 

“How did you know about it?” I asked her.

 

I’m quite shocked because she knows about it. Rhianne hasn’t told anyone about that but why does she know?

 

“News fly, Mark.” she said. “It’s all over the internet.”

 

What? It’s like my whole world stopped for a bit.

 

“You didn’t let her, right?” she told me. “Why? Because you’re afraid of losing her?”

 

“And what if I say yes? I’m afraid to lose her that’s why I want to hold her tight.” I told Jessica.

 

Jessica shook her head a bit and tapped my face. “Wake up, Mark.” she said. “You’re not holding her, you’re holding her back. She’s letting go of her chance to grow. She needs to grow.”

 

“Just because you let me go doesn’t mean I’m letting her go. If you really love a person, you won’t let her go away from you.” I told her.

 

“If you love the person, you’ll let him or her achieve their dreams. You will still hold your love for them but you will never hold them back. Like what I did with you.” she said. “You know Mark, I guess karma has its own way. Everything is turning back to you.”

 

“No, Jessica. It won’t happen.” I said.

 

“Then look at her reaction on your date tonight.” she said. Then slowly, Jessica walked away. I wasn’t able to say a word again. Then I remembered the day we broke up.

 

*flashbacks*

 

“JYP Entertainment has given me a chance to train in Korea. And I accepted it. You know it’s my dream, right?”I told her.

 

She’s not looking at me. She’s staring at the floor but I can feel that she is crying. Please Jessica, don’t cry.

 

“You have no choice but to leave right? Then leave.” she said.

 

I hugged her. “Thank you Jessica.” I told her.

 

“But promise me one thing,” she said. “You won’t break up with me.”

 

“I promise.”

 

*end of flashbacks*

 

But I ended up breaking up with her. And that’s what I am afraid of. What if Rhianne falls for another man? What if she meets Lee Ki Hong, her favorite half Korean- half American actor? Or what if someone else takes her heart there? I won’t be able to take it.

 

And now I guess, I know what Jessica felt and I’m sorry Jessica.

 

All of a sudden, someone snapped her fingers in front of my eyes. “What?” I exclaimed. Then I saw Rhianne laughing at me.

 

“You look so serious. It doesn’t suit you.” she said. “I’m sorry if I took more than 10 minutes, I just bumped into someone. Hihi. Anyway, let’s go?”

 

I smiled at her and immediately, we went out.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhianne’s POV

 

I guess, I have to make a decision whether to follow my dream or just stay here. Jinyoung is somehow right. I have always been making other people happy and because of that there’s nothing left in me. But, Mark also makes me happy, in a different view.

 

I am really confused right now. I guess if Mark will let me go then I will. But unless he won’t tell me to go, I won’t go.

 

I looked at Mark and he is a little bit quiet too. I guess, he is a little bit disturbed. “Is there a problem?” I asked him.

 

He then looked at me. “Ah,” he said. Then he shook his head. “No. There’s no problem. I was just thinking of where to go right now. Cause honestly, I have no idea.”

 

“What?” I said laughingly. “Are you serious with it? It’s I guess the first time I heard the famous Mark Tuan said that. You’re always prepared when it comes to dates.”

 

I continued to until he smiled a little bit. “That’s better.” I said.

 

Then Mark looked at me with a big question mark on his face. I smiled at him. “Smile. I don’t want to see you feeling disturbed.” I told him. Then he lowered his face a little bit and smiled. He really has this cute charm in him that whenever he does that, it makes me fall for him even harder.

 

I have a boyfriend and his name is Mark Tuan.

 

We were walking down the streets with a lot of streetlights, so peaceful. No one noticed we left the building, not even the fans I guess. Or maybe they are just hiding outside there. Creepy but sweet. Haha.

 

Mark then interlocked his hands on mine then looked at me and smiled again. “I have an idea.” he said.

 

And now, I started to wonder what that idea is. But well, I believe Mark is really intelligent in his own way. I have to trust him.

 

We continue to walk until slowly, we can hear sounds. It seems like there is a fair or a circus going on, on the plaza. “Is that where we are going?” I asked him. Then he just smiled at me. So I guess the answer is yes.

 

When we arrive at the gate of the plaza, I can see different stalls, different rides, different activities, foods, people and more. Yeah, it’s the fair. “You sure it’s safe to be here? I mean, a lot of people might see us.” I told him.

 

“Nah. It’s fine, besides, they are busy and won’t be able to recognize us. Plus, we don’t wear something that says ‘Hey! I’m Mark Tuan and this is Rhianne!’.” he said. And that statement made me laugh a bit. He is kinda sarcastic in that way.

 

Well, I guess he really has a point. We then entered the fair. In here, I can see a lot of kids on the rides, a lot of older people there sitting on the benches, waiting for their children and also a lot of lovers.

 

Mark held my hand tighter. I don’t know where we are going right now. I’m just following him. Then we stopped on a stall. This stall has a sign saying, ‘AMBIGRAM HENNA TATTOO’.

 

“Can we?” he asked.

 

I smiled and nodded. Well, since college, I really wanted to have a henna tattoo but I always lack time to go to our university’s fair. So yeah, I never had the chance. Now, I guess it’s good.

 

“Good evening sir, mam, welcome to Ambigram Henna Tattoo wherein we can offer you a temporary tattoo on any part of your body plus you’ll get the chance to choose the design you want.” the person in charge said.

 

“Uhm, please do Mark and Rian Ambigram.” Mark said.

 

“Okay sir.” he said.

 

Then I wondered what Ambigram means. “What do you mean by ambigram?” I asked him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter