Chapter 30: Side-stories

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30: Side-stories

 

Jackson’s POV

 

Welcome me back, HONGKONG! Yes! It’s now time to be with my family and friends. I’m going to visit everyone as long as I can. That is my goal during my stay here in Hong Kong.

 

The great thing about JYPE is that they allow their artists to have some special time or vacation with their families even if there’s no occasions or holidays. Mark decided to go with Rhianne to the Philippines. Bambam went back to Thailand and I guess he’ll be having his own fan meeting there.

 

Well, who cares? I mean, I’m going to have my own fan meeting here too. Hahaha. Anyway, Yugyeom and Youngjae went back to their places. Jr and JB? Uhm, honestly I do not know where they will go. But all I know is that they won’t stay in the dorms.

 

Finally, after a few hours of trip, I have finally arrived at my hometown. Hong Kong! Yes! The moment I was walking in the airport, I can see a lot of people waving their hands and calling my name.

 

I really do have a lot of fans here in Hong Kong. Well, I am handsome and charming and everything, so… HAHAHA. But kidding aside, it’s really heart-warming to be back in my place and be liked by your countrymen. It’s definitely an honor to represent Hong Kong in the Idol industry.

 

Now, I can see my mom and my dad walking towards me. I immediately hugged the both of them since I really miss them. “How is my son doing?” dad asked.

 

“Well, I guess I’m doing great. Idol’s life is no easy life but still I’m enjoying.” I said.

 

“The Hong Kong fencing team likes to meet you. Will you be able to come to their rehearsals by tomorrow?” mom said.

 

“It’s already planned. I have planned to see them during my stay here. And when I’m here, we’re going to celebrate!” I told them.

 

We then rode our car. The moment we rode the car, I saw GOT7 pictures in it. I know Dad is proud of me because finally I have achieved my dream. I know he is somewhat against t before, but right now, he has finally accepted it. But don’t you worry dad, fencing will never be removed from my heart and memories.

 

The moment we arrive at home, they immediately put my luggage inside my room and I immediately sat down and turned the TV on. I missed this place. I miss this television and everything. Well, all I can say is, I am truly home.

 

“So what are your other plans for your stay here?” dad asked.

 

“Aside from visiting the Hong Kong fencing team, I guess I’ll be spending the days with you guys. So no jobs during my stay here.” I told dad and he laughed a bit.

 

“Okay, I get it.” he said.

 

“Oh and Jackson.” dad said. His mood kinda changed a bit. I don’t know what happened. “Nics have quit the fencing team.”

 

And that made my jaw dropped. Nics is a girl but before, I thought she was a boy because of her short hair and also because she is too tough that she even tried to bully me during practices.

 

She I guess is one of the best fencers I have ever met.

 

“Why?” I asked dad.

 

“Honestly, I don’t know what her reason is. She said, it is too personal that she had to quit.” dad said.

 

Suddenly, I thought of myself. Was it because of me?

 

“Since when?” I asked dad.

 

“It was already years. Maybe the same time you went to Korea. A few months after that, she quit.” dad said.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about that earlier?” I asked dad.

 

“I always forgot to do so. But then earlier, on our way to the airport, I saw her.” dad said.

 

“Where?” I asked.

 

“On the basketball court nearby.” he said.

 

I immediately went out of the house. Dad keeps on calling my name but no, I have to see Nics right now. I wonder what was wrong with her. Recently, I have contacted her and she told me that she’s still a part of the fencing team but… so it means, she lied to me.

 

*flashback*

 

“Hi Nics!” I said during our phone conversation.

 

“Oh hey.” she said with a mild voice.

 

“How’s the fencing team? I bet you’ll be a part of this year’s youth sports fest that’ll be held in Indonesia.” I said.

 

“Oh, yeah. The fencing team is doing great but I guess I won’t be able to play there this year.” she said.

 

“Why? Why not? I mean you’re one of the best there.” I told her.

 

“A lot have changed Jackson, some people became better than me.” she said. “Oh, and I’ll be ending this conversation now. Your dad is calling us now for the training.”

 

Then she ended our conversation.

 

*end of flashback*

 

Just recently, we have talked with each other and she said she will not be playing. So she really lied to me. She just used my father to end our conversation. I tried to call her before again but then her number was nowhere to be reached.

 

Is she avoiding me?

 

I know I left her before but… I told her. I told her that I’ll be leaving. Why?

 

I am now right in front of the basketball court but there are no people here, not even children. Where could she be?

 

Her house.

 

I immediately ran to the other side and went to her house. But still, there’s no Nics to be seen. I knocked on the neighbor.

 

They then opened the door. “Yes? What can I do for you?”

 

“Hi.” I said. “Uhm, I’d like to ask you if the family living here went out earlier?”

 

“Oh, so you’re Nics’ friend? They went out early this morning. I bet they’ll be visiting someone out of Hong Kong. You should try to contact them.” the lady said.

 

I smiled at her. “Oh, thank you very much.”

 

I then went back to my house. There was no Nics to be seen. Not even a shadow of her.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JB’s POV

 

Before going back to my home, I decided to meet someone first today. Besides, today will be her answer about my offer to her.

 

I immediately went out of JYP building and there I saw a lot of fans waiting outside. I smiled at them and waved at them then I went inside the van and went straight to the restaurant where we will be wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter