Chapter 17: The Rival

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17: The Rival

 

*calling*

 

I answered the phone. It was mom calling. Maybe she’s on the way to the airport and in a few hours, she’ll be here already. Well, I already told JYP about that and he said that he loves to have a conversation with my mom regarding my projects and the plans for my health.

 

Well, all I can say is that JYP is really very thoughtful especially with his artists.

 

“Hello mom.” I said.

 

“I’m on my way to the airport. I have already called JYP and Kahi. So I guess, I’ll go straight to them before going to you.” Mom said.

 

“Oh, okay. Take care!” I said.

 

“By the way, what are you doing right now?” she asked.

 

“Oh, I’m just fixing some things here in the dorm.” I said.

 

“Cleaning?” she asked.

 

“Kinda.” I told her.

 

“Why are you cleaning? You might get tired.” Mom exclaimed.

 

“Mom, calm down. Nothing’s gonna happen. I’m just fixing some of my things.” I told her. “Just call me if you have arrived or even text me.”

 

Then I ended our conversation. Wooh, finally after a long time I have finished cleaning my room. I guess it’s finally clean. I’m going to drink water first.

 

I went to the kitchen to get some water. Then someone knocked.

 

“Wait a minute.” I exclaimed.

 

But knocks continue to occur. Can’t he wait?

 

“I’m coming!” I shouted.

 

I opened the door while drinking my water. And I got shock with who I saw.

 

It’s Wendy.

 

“Rhianne.” she said.

 

What is Wendy doing here? I thought she’s is sick. I thought she is having chemotherapy but she looks so healthy and her hair, it’s still thick and beautiful.

 

“I need to talk to you.” she said seriously.

 

Did Mark tell her about him and I reconciling? Is that the reason why she is here? Does she still love Mark and she’s mad at me?

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

 

Suddenly, I saw Joey tapped Wendy’s shoulder. “Mark is not here. It’s good.” then I saw him looked at me and smiled. “Oh, hi Rhianne!”

 

“Hi.” I said.

 

Wait. Joey is here. What is happening?

 

“Have you talked to Jr?” Wendy asked Joey.

 

Jr? Like Jinyoung? Park Jinyoung? What is happening? I don’t understand a thing. “Wa..wa..wait… What is happening? What are the two of you doing here?”

 

“I know you’re a bit shocked about us being here.” Joey said.

 

“A bit shocked? I’m really shocked. What is going on?” I asked them. “Tell me.”

 

Joey looked from his left and right then he grabbed my hands and we started walking. Wendy just followed us. “Just trust us, Rhianne.” Wendy said.

 

“So you think, I’ll just believe you?” I asked Wendy. Then she just smirked at me.

 

I know, I shouldn’t be treating her that way but, uggh, if she didn’t come here before, Mark and I won’t break. And I wouldn’t be hurt and I wouldn’t be pretending with JB anymore.

 

My thoughts stopped. JB. If that didn’t happen, I wouldn’t know about JB. I wouldn’t be close with him. I wouldn’t…

 

Wait. We were now riding a van. “Hey, where are we going?” I asked them. “You know what? I can file you guys kidnapping.”

 

“You’re not a kid Rhianne.” Wendy said. I just smirked at her. Then I looked back to Joey. “What is happening? Did Mark plan all of this?”

 

“Yes and no.” Wendy said.

 

I looked at her. “I’m not talking to you.” I said.

 

“Look.” Wendy told Joey.

 

“Just calm down, Wendy.” Joey said. He then looked at me. “Just trust me Rhianne. Everything is under control. You just have to trust me.”

 

“Fine.” I said. Then I just looked at the window. I wonder what they want.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark’s POV

 

“I’m on my way there.” I told Jessica through a phone call.

 

Today, I’m going to meet Jessica. She wants to eat with me because she says she’s lonely right now. Well, what can I do? I have to be with her.

 

Suddenly, I received a text from my sister Tammy.

 

From: Tammy

 

Hi Mark! How are you doing right now? Uhm, I just want to say that I hope you’ll be happy tonight.

 

Suddenly, I wondered why she texted me like that. Did something happen with her? What’s going on? I immediately replied to her.

 

To: Tammy

 

What’s going on? Did something bad happen? Do you need someone to talk?

 

I waited for her reply. She’s kinda weird with that. All of a sudden, she’s going to text me like that. I bet something is happening there right now.

 

From: Tammy

 

Nothing. Just remember, that whatever happens tonight, I’m here to listen to you. Don’t worry about me, us, we’re fine.

 

I didn’t reply to her anymore. But I know there is something between those words. But she said that don’t mind it, so, fine. I won’t think about it.

 

Few minutes later, I have finally arrived at Jessica’s apartment. I immediately texted her to go out and just go inside the van. I can’t go outside, paparazzi might see me and I don’t want any issue with Jessica even though they know that she is my friend. I just choose to avoid those questions.

 

Few minutes later, she finally entered the van and smiled very widely. She pinched my cheeks. “I really missed you a lot.” she said.

 

I removed her hands from my cheeks. “Okay. Okay.” I said.

 

“What’s with the mood?” Jessica asked me.

 

“Nothing.” I said.

 

But actually, she knows why I’m like this. She knows that I am just forced to see her today.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhianne’s POV

 

Finally, we’ve arrived in a restaurant or something. Now, I started to wonder. I bet Mark has something to do with this. Is he planning something for me? How sweet.

 

We entered the restaurant and there were only few people here. It doesn’t even look like a famous one. This is my first time entering this restaurant. Wendy chose a table that’s kinda far from the crowd. She chose a table near the corner and I guess, it’s a place where we can talk more seriously.

 

We sat down and then the waiter immediately went to us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter