Chapter 25: I have decided

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25: I have decided

 

Jessica’s POV

 

Mark left smiling very wide. I told him my ‘yes’ and I know he felt really happy. I told him my ‘yes’ because I love him. I really love him.

 

Right now, I’m sitting here facing the wall, smiling but deep inside my heart is badly bleeding and slowly dying because I answered ‘YES’ to his question, “Can you set me free?”

 

*flashback*

 

“Please say Yes.” Mark said.

 

Mark was kneeling in front of me. I don’t know what to say. Isn’t everything going too fast? I was about to say something to him when he said something.

 

“Can you set me free?” he said then he faced me with a tear in his eyes.

 

And on that moment, I remembered the last time he broke up with me when we were back there in America. I also let him go because he said he needed to train here in Korea. I let him go because I know deep in my heart that he still loves me, but now, should I let him go?

 

No.

 

“I’m sorry, Mark. I can’t” I told him and turned my back from him. Then I felt his hands holding my arms, stopping me. I again looked at him.

 

“Please, Jessica.” he said. And now, tears are falling from his eyes.

 

I faced him and wiped my tears. “Why did I become the bad person here, Mark? We know each other for years. WE WERE TOGETHER FOR YEARS! And I never wanted to ruin any relationships. I’m just getting what is supposed to be mine. You are mine, Mark. You promised. And until the end, I’m going to hold on to that promise.” I told him then removed my hands from him.

 

I sat down frustrated on the chair near the table. I don’t know what to do. I put my hands on my forehead trying to remove the hairs that covers my face. “Did you love me Mark?” I asked him but I wasn’t facing him.

 

“I loved you Jessica but I guess the love we had before was just a puppy love.” he said.

 

“And you think, Rhianne is your true love?” I shouted at him.

 

He shook his head. “I don’t think it that way but I’m going to do it that way.” he said. then he came near me kneeling down again. I’m still trying not to look at him. It’s just breaking my heart. “Do you call it love, Jessica? The one you’re feeling for me? Is it love?”

 

I bit my lips trying to stop my tears from falling even more.

 

“When you’re hurting the other person, do you call it love? When you’re trying to hold that person very tight, doesn’t he get hurt?” he said. He held my chin and made my face look at him. “Jessica, you’re not the only one that’s hurting. I’m also hurting. We’re both hurting. Is this what we call love?”

 

I removed my looks from him and still decided not to talk. “I love you Jessica but it’s not like how I love Rhianne. You’ve been always good to me and I thank you for that. But I can’t return the love you’re expecting. This relationship can’t go on…”

 

He wasn’t finish with what he is saying. “Yes.” I said.

 

He stopped a bit. I looked at him while wiping my tears and trying to smiled as if nothing happened. “Leave now. I’m setting you free.”

 

And on that moment, I died.

 

*end of flashback*

 

Now, I know what love is. Love is sacrifice. This is what everything means. Love will not always mean hearts, chocolates… happy ending. But, love is about knowing that another’s well-being is more important than my own.

 

And this I realized, some people are meant to fall for each other but they are not meant to end up together. Like Mark and I, at first we have our happy start but as time goes on, we both realize that there will never be a happy ending for the two of us.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark’s POV

 

I don’t know what to feel right now. Finally, I’m free. I can be with Rhianne again. I can be with her again and this time, I promise, I promise that I’ll be better. She’ll be mine again. We’ll be better.

 

I arrived at the dorm and JB and Jinyoung were talking.

 

“Should I attend this reunion?” Jinyoung was asking as he was holding an invitation. I grabbed it and take a look at it.

 

“I guess you should go.” I told him while smiling.

 

Jinyoung looked at me so weird. “What’s with you? Why are you so happy?” he asked me.

 

I shook my head. “Nothing.” Then I returned the invitation to him.

 

“Well, you might see Jessica there.” JB said.

 

He said Jessica? Wait. I turned back and look at both of them. “Jessica? What is Jessica supposed to be doing there?” I asked them.

 

“She’s not Jessica, your girlfriend.” Jinyoung told me then he looked at JB. “I told you to call her Jessie.”

 

“Jessica isn’t my girlfriend anymore. We broke up earlier.” I told both of them. Jinyoung looked so shock with what I say.

 

“Really?” he said.

 

“You can go court her if you want.” I told him.

 

Jinyoung shook his head. “Tsk. I know you’re handsome hyung but playing with a girl’s heart is a big NO.” he said. “And besides, I’m still mad at you so don’t talk to me.”

 

I know Jinyoung was joking around.

 

*flashback*

 

Jinyoung came to me. “We need to talk.” he said.

 

I followed him. He then stopped and faced me. “JYP is already asking me why I’m not being close with you anymore. I don’t care about Jessica. I guess, I was wrong with liking her but all I can say is I didn’t love her. Period.” he said.

 

And I’m like, I don’t know what to say.

 

“Look. I’m mad at you not because of Jessica. I don’t care what your relationship with her. I’m mad at you because of Rhianne. She’s my best friend and a sister and to see her crying and hurting because of you,” he shook his head. “I don’t know. But I don’t want her to get hurt. So if you want her back, get her back and end this sh*t.”

 

He then left me and from that moment, I know Jinyoung’s not mad at me anymore.

 

*end of flashback*

 

JB then stood up and started walking away. “Where are you going?” I asked him.

 

He then looked at me. “I’m going to ask Rhianne if we’ll still be going out tomorrow.” he said.

 

“Going out? Like a date?” I asked him.

 

He then nodded at me. “Yes. Like a date.” then he left.

 

So JB is really being serious. It’s now time to be serious too, Mark.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day…

 

Rhianne’s POV

 

Today, JB and I are going to visit the orphanage. I prepared myself and went out. When I went out of the dorm, I saw Mark standing right in front of their room as if he was waiting for something or someone. He then looked at me and went near me.

 

“So you’re going to have a date with JB today?” he asked.

 

Date? What? I was about to say ‘No’ when JB immediately went near me. Then he wrapped his arms around me. “Are you ready? Let’s go?” he told me then pulled me away from Mark.

 

I looked at JB. “Did you tell him that we’re going on a date?” I asked JB.

 

JB smiled a bit. “Just making him jealous.” he said.

 

When Mark is nowhere to be seen, I stopped a bit. JB then looked at me. “Why?” he asked.

 

I gave him a deadly stare. “Tell me JB. Do you like me?” I asked him. He smiled at me and whispered something.

 

“No.” then he smirked and started pulling me again.

 

And my heart got broken. 3 Aww. No, but seriously, I got hurt because I was expecting that he fell for me, that he liked me even once. But anyway, we went inside the van and went to the orphanage.

 

*buzz**buzz*

 

My phone then vibrated. Mark was calling. I answered it.

 

“Hello?” I said.

 

“Until what time will you be with JB?” he asked me. I looked at JB but he was just staring outside.

 

“Uhm,” I said as I was still thinking. “I think, we’ll be back by 3pm, why?”

 

“Good. Meet me at the backstage later when you arrive.” he said.

 

I was about to say something when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter