Chapter 20: One Last Chance…

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic) Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20: One Last Chance…

 

(A/N: Prepare your heart. You can play the song, “Can’t Cry Hard Enough” while reading the first part of this chapter. It will give you more feels.)

 

Mark’s POV

 

I’m sorry, Rhianne. I’m sorry. Please, don’t leave me like this. Don’t leave me. I can’t, everything, no, please. I don’t know what to do? How can I help you? Please fight, Rhianne. Fight.

 

Lord, please don’t let Rhianne suffer like this. She doesn’t deserve all these pains. I should be the one there in her position. I was the one who should be battling with life and death. Rhianne is a good girl and she only wants what’s best for everybody. Please, stop this pain. For this one last chance, please, let her live.

 

I don’t know but I can’t stop my tears from flowing. I never wanted Rhianne to die. She should not die right now. No, please. My heart won’t be able to accept it. Is this my karma? Is this the result of all my sins? Are you planning to take away that most precious being that I loved? Please, I still want to see her.

 

I looked at Rhianne’s mom and still she’s crying. I can’t comfort her because first, she doesn’t want me to comfort her and second, I can’t. How will I be able to comfort someone if I cannot even comfort myself?

 

Suddenly, I heard some footsteps. It was Jinyoung running to us. “Eomonim.” he said. “The doctor…”

 

Jinyoung wasn’t even finish saying his word when Rhianne’s mom started to run to the emergency room. Jinyoung immediately followed them. Lord, all I’m asking is for her to live. Please.

 

I immediately run to that place and slowly, my heart is beating fast. I’m nervous. I can feel my hands are being numb and it seems like everything in me is being frozen. My heart is beating so fast. Rhianne, please.

 

I went there right in time the doctor was about to speak. Everyone started to stand up and waited for the doctor to say a thing. The doctor took a deep breath before, he say something.

 

“We did our best.”

 

No. Not that line.

 

“No.” Rhianne’s mom shouted. “NOOOO!”

 

And tears started to flow from my eyes.

 

Rhianne.

 

No.

 

I immediately went back to the chapel.

 

“WHY?” I asked Him. “WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?! IF YOU WANT TO PUNISH ME, THEN PUNISH ME BUT DON’T LET RHIANNE DIE. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!”

 

I can’t accept it. No. Rhianne. She’s not dead. She shouldn’t be. Noooooo. I collapsed due to crying and I won’t be able to stand up again.

 

“If You’re there, if You’re really there, You’ll hear me. I’ll do what You want just please, don’t let her die.” I said.

 

I can’t accept that everything is over and my one last chance to fix everything is gone. I don’t want to live anymore. I don’t know what to say anymore. Of all people, why Rhianne? Why not me?

 

My heart is beating so fast and I can’t accept what I just heard. No. It’s not real. I’m just dreaming right? I slapped my face. No, I’m not dreaming. It’s real.

 

She’s gone.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s POV

 

15&’s fans started to come outside the hospital praying together for the safety of their idol, Rhianne. They went together, some were crying, some were cheering up their fellow fans. But nobody knows what is happening inside.

 

A lot of media men were also outside waiting for the company’s news about Rhianne’s current condition. Everyone was waiting for good news to come.

 

JYP then went out of the hospital to leave his statement. The media men started to go near JYP to hear his statement. “Please pray for Rhianne.” JYP said as tears started to form in his eyes. “She shouldn’t be experiencing this kind of stuff.”

 

JYP cleared his throat and wiped his tears. “Please have the courage and trust that everything will be in place.”

 

That’s what JYP told the people outside, leaving them a single hope that she is still alive even if he knows everything is over.

 

JYP went back inside the hospital.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark’s POV

 

I’ve been here for almost an hour. I don’t want to go out. I don’t want to hear any more news about Rhianne. I just won’t be able to accept it. No. I can’t. I wiped my tears but it keeps on flowing and flowing and I guess it won’t stop anymore. I should be blamed for all of this, I should be.

 

Even if I cry right now, even if I shout, she won’t be able to hear me. She won’t be able to hear me say I love her. Everything is over. As much as I wanted to convince myself that she’s fine, I can’t. She’s not fine. She’s gone.

 

Rhianne.

 

Why did you have to leave me like this? I know nothing and I’m now surprised that, that, you’re gone. Why?!

 

There’s no more reason for waking up every morning. She’s the reason why I need to wake up. The two of us need to be back together, but right now, she’s gone. She left me.

 

“This is the part where Wendy left Peter Pan.” I said.

 

I thought we’re going to change the ending of Peter Pan? But it seems like destiny played with us. It really wanted us to be Peter Pan and Wendy. No. Can’t we just be Rapunzel and Eugene? That if I cry to you, you’ll be alive again?

 

Why is there so much pain? If I had known it earlier I wouldn’t have done my mistakes. But it’s too late, everything is too late.

 

“Oppa.” I heard someone call my name but I never dared to look. I’m just staring here blankly, barely breathing. “Rhianne unnie…”

 

“I know.” I said. “She’s gone.”

 

You don’t need to say it to me. I know it already and just please, please don’t add any more pain here.

 

“She’s not.”

 

I looked at her and it was Yerin. “What?” I asked her.

 

“The moment you ran away, was the moment the nurse went out.” Yerin said.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yerin’s POV

 

“We did our best.” The doctor said.

 

I heard how Rhianne unnie’s mom cried loudly. I also saw Mark oppa ran away. Everyone is in shock. Everyone started to shed tears.

 

“Please.” JB oppa said. “Please go back and save her. Please.”

 

JYP was stopping JB oppa because he was shouting at the doctor. Jimin held my hand and right now, everyone is crying.

 

“Her heart stopped beating for a couple of times but…” the doctor stopped when the emergency room door opened. The nurse went out. “Doctor.” she said. “The patient’s heartbeat, it returned.”

 

We were all shocked with that and the doctor immediately went back to the emergency room. Rhianne unnie’s mom continued to cry and cry. Kahi unnie was trying to comfort her. Everyone was in pain.

 

Until I saw one little hope from Jinyoung oppa, “She’s fighting for us.” he said. And we all stared at him, even Rhianne unnie’s mother. “Let us not lose hope.”

 

“We believe in Rhianne.” he said while smiling.

 

JB oppa stood up and wiped his tears, “We believe in Rhianne.”

 

Then one by one, everybody was chanting that line, “We believe in Rhianne.” Jinyoung oppa immediately ran outside and I heard him shout, “We believe in Rhianne!” Louder screams started to occur.

 

Fans from the outside started to chant that. It’s like when Tinkerbell almost die because she drank the poisoned medicine. They started to chant, “I do believe in fairies, I do, I do.”

 

We believe in you Rhianne unnie. Fight.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark’s POV

 

Hearing what Yerin told me made me cry even more. She’s alive. She’s fighting. Lord, thank you. And in exchange with that, I’ll do what you want me to do. Just tell me. Give me a sign of the thing I should do.

 

“Where is she?” I asked Yerin.

 

“She’s currently in the room, still unconscious.” Yerin said. I was about to leave when she held my hand. “But oppa, the doctor added…”

 

I stopped a bit to listen to her. “Although the operation was successful, the doctor said, she still need to continue medication. Since unnie is still young, the muscles in the heart might grow back.”

 

“So it means, she’s still not safe?” I asked Yerin. Yerin just nodded.

 

Whether she’s safe or not, at least I was given another chance to correct everything, to make everything back like before. I have to do it. I wiped my tears and immediately went to there to Rhianne’s room.

 

I saw everyone outside. I can see Rhianne in a room, and still she’s lying there with those materials on to help her breath. “She’s not yet waking up.” JB told me.

 

I walked near the window and stared at her even more. I saw her mom there holding Rhianne’s hand. She’s wearing those hospital robes. I see. We still need to wear those before we enter.

 

I felt someone touching my shoulders. “She’s gonna be fine.” Joey said as he gave me those hospital robes also. I stared at everyone and it seems like they wanted me to go inside the room.

 

I want and I will.

 

I took the robe and fit it. Slowly, I entered the room. Rhianne’s mom saw me and she just wiped her tears. She was about to stand up but I stopped her from standing up.

 

Rhianne, wake up. I’m here.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter