Chapter 2

Opposite Me and You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 — December 3rd  2014    ;     Word count — 1, 313

2014 — jung_l

 

“I’m home,” he himself could barely hear his own voice. No one answers and he knew it. It had always been like that. Leo putted away his shoes onto the shoes rack and headed towards the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator and took out the half cooked meals his brother had left before going to work in the morning. He simply cooked it for his dinner. Ever since their parents passed away, he had live under his brother surveillance. He’s lucky that when their parents passed away, his brother already an adult so he won’t be sent to any orphanage. Thank you to the seventeen years gap between them. His brother, Yunho, had been working hard to feed him and to prepare for his necessity. Leo felt grateful for that.

 

Few nights ago, his brother confronted him. At first, he asked Leo on how his life had been lately since they both rarely met and talked at home. Leo looked at his brother; trying to figure out what Yunho intended to actually say. Looking at how his younger brother stared at him, Yunho then said, “I’ll get married soon.” As he heard his brother, Leo walked away to his room and slammed the door shut. That night, he started to think about his brother and his future. He really doesn’t want to lose his brother in his life but he admitted it, his brother had his own life. One morning, his brother his brother told him that he’ll introduce her girlfriend to Leo. That was the day he told Ken he hated him. He didn’t mean it. Ken didn’t make his day better; even so he decided to apologize on the next day.

 

Leo came to school a little late on the next day, so in the morning he didn’t go the tree but instead he headed to his class. Ken, on the other hand had waited one and quarter hour under the tree before his class started. Ken kept waiting for Leo even though the bell had ring signing the class had started for the first period. His day wasn’t very smooth as his teacher had sent him away because he’s late. Ken never got any punishment ever since he started his freshman. It’s his first time breaking rule which made him sad; moreover his guilty towards Leo made him sadder. At lunch, he decided to join his classmates and his drama club president, who’s his next door neighbour, at the canteen. He stared at the lunch box he had prepared for Leo as apologize, but seemed like his efforts making it gone wasted.

 

Ken didn’t appear at the tree as Leo had been waiting him for ten minutes. Leo doesn’t want to admit it but he did feel lonely and the surrounding suddenly turning oddly quiet. Every time when they had lunch together, Leo would only eat his bread. Being the angel Ken was, he shared half of his lunch with Leo. Thus, when Leo opened the bread packaging, Ken snatched it away and cut it into half. He said it won’t be fair if onl

Please log in to read the full chapter