Chapter 19

Opposite Me and You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 19 — February 27th 2015 (1929)     ;     Word counts — 1, 439

jung_l

I'm sorry, dearies.

 

“You sound so sweet. I wish my boyfriend is like you.” Hyuk chuckled at Ken’s remarks about his old lover. No one realized that there’s two person were battling with each other through eye contacts except the solo singer, N. “Although I might predict that your voice would be accepting, I want to make sure that this company deserves a singer who is not just good by appearance but also talented. Also, singing is all about talent.” Ken raised his hand when Leo said that. He gathered all his courage and started talking. “I’m sorry but I think that’s not all it. Singing isn’t just about talent, it’s about practising too. If you got the talent as gift since you’re a baby, but didn’t practising on it, then coming to an audition with just bringing a talent, will you success in future? It’s the same like planting thatch.”

 

Leo slammed his pen that he had been holding on the table and sharply staring at the singer in front of him. “Well, sounds like your previous practising talent along ‘practising’ in New York really brings you to a successful now.” N held his right hand up to stop Leo from talking. “Why not we hear you singing first? Then, we’ll judge you fairly.” He smiled, a forced one, at Ken and asked Hongbin to turn up the music, which he did listen. Ken tried to collect himself together and calm down as the intro of the music began to be heard. He held up the microphone up to his lips and began beautifully to serenade the judges with his voice. As soon as Ken started singing, Leo turned his attention on his lap and at times would glance at N that’s too busy on being serious.

 

When the music stopped and Ken’s sweet voice started to slowly faded, Hongbin brought a chair for him to sit like a good manager he is. The judges started to whisper with each other except for Leo who’s too busy with his messy mind until Hyuk held his hand. Leo looked up at the owner of the hand and smiled a little. He saw that. Ken saw how Leo smiled at Hyuk. “Are you okay, honey? You seemed distracted.” Leo shook his head at the question and held the younger’s hand back, looking everywhere except on Ken. Looking at how concern Hyuk asked Leo, he realised it now. Leo is Hyuk’s boyfriend. He reached up for Hongbin’s hand, holding it tightly as if asking for some strength from him. Hongbin knew, something was wrong in the first place and Ken was hiding it from him.

 

“How do you think of it, N?” One of the judge representatives asked him. N nodded his head for a while before answering. “He had a little flaw when he reached the lowest key but it can be better if he try to work on it. He should control voice and sound like he had been singing non-stop, as expected. He had been improving in singing.” He looked at Ken who’s silently sitting on the chair with Hongbin next to him. “Ken I have a question for you. I hope you would answer it truthfully.” N’s sudden question made everyone in the room looked at him with a surprised face. “You’re a Korean but why did you move overseas?” Leo’s quickly shifted his head to look at Ken, waiting for the ans

Please log in to read the full chapter