Chapter 16

Opposite Me and You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 16 — February 11th 2015 (1808)     ;     Word count — 1, 515

jung_l

to, @lovecutiekenn (instagram user) stop sulking after reading this, okay?

 

He walked out of the airport arrival gate with a dark shades and a bag on his back. Slowly, he went to pick his luggage and put them in the cart. Taking off his shades, he looked around the airport. Everything changed since ten years ago. He walked while pushing the luggage cart out from the airport towards the roadside; looking around if someone he knew arrived to pick him up. His friend knew that he’ll came back to South Korea but he seemed not to appear yet, so he took his cell phone out and dialled the friend’s number. “Lee Hongbin, you should pick me up by now but where are you, mister?” He chuckled a little as the other let out a sudden gasp meaning his friend forgot to pick him up. “It’s okay, you settle up your work first. I’ll just be on my own. I won’t misguide myself in my own country.”

 

Once he hung up the phone, he looked around for a cab. There’s not so many cab out there since it’s near nine in the evening. A heavy sigh coming out of his lips as he felt so tired. A twelve hours journey coming back home killed his mood. Luck was on his side when a cab appeared and he boarded it. Giving his old house’s address to the driver, he decided to take a little rest at the backseat while staring outside; reminiscing the memories he had back then when still living in South Korea. He missed everything he left before moving away. As time passed, he arrived at his old house. It’s still the same. He entered the house after paying the driver and pulled both of his luggage inside. He glanced at his neighbour’s house and back to his. He missed this.

 

‘Welcome home, old Ken.’

 

 

Hongbin started the car’s engine but still didn’t move the car. “Tell me, Sanghyuk. Where should we head now? Tell me at least something! We can’t stay here until next week, with you crying.” Hongbin nearly lose his cool, but Hyuk’s face made changed his voice. “Answer me, Hyuk. Do you want to stay at my house for the night?” With a slight nod from Hyuk, Hongbin started driving towards the house he currently live when suddenly his phone rang. “Hello,” he said once he picked the phone up. He gasped when the other line talked, “I’m sorry, Jay. I’ve something up and I can’t fetch you now.” He stopped talking for a while and continued, “Okay, see you soon.” He glanced at Hyuk who had his head looking down at his hands on his lap. “Stop thinks too much for now because it’ll hurt you more.”

 

Once they arrived at the house, Hongbin went out of the car and pulled Hyuk inside while the younger guy glancing around the neighbourhood. He pressed the gate security code and lead Hyuk inside the house. They were greeted by a man with a pointed nose that smiled sweetly at them. “I didn’t know you hooked up someone here.” The man laughed but stopped as he looked at Hyuk’s gloomy and sad face. “Hongbin, I thought you had something up. Oh, right.” The man directly got the answer. He led Hyuk towards the sofa to sit down for a while. “Well, hello there Hongbin’s friend, I am Jay. I just came home today.” The man who disappeared someone for a while just now came back with a mug of hot chocolate with him for Hyuk. Hyuk can now clearly look at the man’s face.

 

“Jay,

Please log in to read the full chapter