Jerk

30days with Yi Fan
JERK
 
Alex knew that when she wakes up, she would have to deal with the arrogant and insensitive Wu Fan again. But he wasn't in the room the moment Alex opened her eyes. She reached for her phone on top of the bedside table. She can't remember putting it there. Alex slowly got up from bed and walked straight towards the small balcony. 
 
Alex checked the time on her cellphone. It's nearly ten o'clock. It was the longest hour of sleep she's got since returning from Canada. She saw that she has three new messages but no missed calls. Upon seeing that two of the messages were from Clint, Alex felt very excited. She immediately clicked to view the 1st message that was sent at 2:05AM KST. 
 
'Hi runway girl! I got your voicemail yesterday. I'm so sorry the battery was probably dead when you called. It's so busy here. How about you? What's that crazy thing that's stressing you out? I might call tomorrow so don't leave your phone where you can't hear it ring! I love you!! Take care!'
 
Alex read the message four times before clicking on the next. The txt in between Clint's two messages were from her fake boyfriend. 
 
'I hate girls who snore. Especially when she's supposed to be a model.' 
 
What is he talking about? I do not snore! Alex pressed the key to reply but realized she didn't have to. Mr. Wu Fan was probably just in the living room. He'll see.
 
Alex clicked on the last unread message, the second message that Clint sent at 8:30AM KST.
 
'I saw you on Korean channel.'
 
That's it? Alex scrolled the message down but that was all that's written. Why was she in television? Was it the interview she did yesterday morning? Alex tried to think which interview or news it could be. And then she remembered Kris and it hit her in the head. No way! Media can't be that fast, can it? She still hasn't told Clint anything about Kris! Could that be it? Was Clint angry? What did he see?! There was only one way to find out. Alex made her way to the living room. 'Mr. Wu-
 
But someone stopped her on her tracks. 'Good morning!' 
 
A guy appeared from the main balcony and was now smiling at Alex. Alex remained glued to the spot. It's the first time she met this guy. 
 
The guy approached Alex and offered her his hand. 'I'm Kai. Kris's friend.'
 
Kris? Where was Kris? Alex didn't know what to say. The guy looked so much younger than fake boyfriend and Alex herself. She decided it would be okay to do the handshake with him. 'Alex.' She simply said. 
 
'Nice to meet you, Alex.' Kai said politely. After that he let go of Alex's hand. 'Kris left early. He said he has an interview for a morning show.' So that explains why the room feels a little more at ease. Alex nodded. She figured it was best to leave the hotel now and go back to her apartment. 
 
'Hungry?' Kai asked. He seems nice, unlike his friend. Alex wanted to say no but it was two hours before lunch time and she still hasn't eaten anything for breakfast. Before she can reply, Kai already led the way towards the dining table and removed the cover of one of the plates. 'Ta-da! Room service.' He said, addressing to the food. Alex saw pancakes with strawberry syrup, sausages, and hot coffee. The gesture made her smile. Kai was like Xiumin, her childhood friend. 
 
'Wow, looks good.' Alex commented. They both sat on chairs opposite each other. 'Have you...' She pointed at the food.
 
'Yes, yes, I ate already. That's all yours.' Kai spoke. 
 
It felt awkward when someone's watching you eat. Alex felt that with Kai. But she figured it was better than the hate she feels when she's with the singer Wu Fan. 'You're very pretty.' She heard him say while she was chewing on pancakes. Yes, definitely better than Wu Fan.
 
'Does he...always leaves you here?' Alex couldn't help but ask. 
 
'No, he just wanted someone to drive you home. He kept saying you might want to leave A.S.A.P. when you wake up.' Kai laughed shyly. Alex did too. Well, at least Wu Fan thought correctly. And he even has a friend he could call and play as a driver, wow. But Kai sounded cool about it. He seemed to be a happy-go-lucky guy. His laugh was radiant and Alex felt her mood lighten up around him. She enjoys people with that kind of company. 'How was Kris last night? Did he treat you right?'
 
Alex wanted to laugh at that. It's as if Kai was sure his friend can be stupid. She begins to wonder if Kai knows she and Kris were just pretending. Or is he one of those people who believes that they're really an item. Nevertheless, Alex replied honestly. 'Uhm...he was...pretty annoying.' 
 
Kai laughed with her. 'Yeah? Well, that's not new. Kris is a jerk, you know? He looks cool but truth is..he's not.' He winked, shaking his head. At least Alex isn't the only one who thinks her fake boyfriend's not cool. She almost wanted to do the high five with Kai.
 
Their conversation went on. Kai told Alex that he's a dance choreographer and that he's 20. When Alex finished her meal, Kai left her for a while and came back with clothes in his hand. 'There's still hot water. You can change into this after taking the shower.' He handed the clothes to Alex. It was a shirt and a pajama. 'Don't worry, it's clean.'
 
Alex accepted them with a smile. She's starting to appreciate Kai, really. Lucky she always brings an extra bra and underwear in her bag. She cleaned the table before going back to the bedroom, locking the bathroom door and taking a bath. While she was in the tub, Clint's message occurred to her again. 'I saw you on Korean channel.'
 
And then she remembered one of Kai's statements. 'He said he has an interview for a morning show.' How many hours have passed since Kris was interviewed for that morning show? Is it possible that he was asked about Alex or the fake date they had last night? But Clint said 'saw'. 
 
Ugh. Kris. That jerk.