Days 11 & 12: The Making

30days with Yi Fan

DAYS 11 & 12: THE MAKING

Tuesday came and all that Kris can do in the morning was wait until it was 4:30 in the afternoon and they'll start shooting his new music video starring Alexandria Dawson. He thinks he can hardly wait. He sent Alex a message telling her about the time of the shooting and the place. Unfortunately, he couldn't drive her because he was in a meeting with a producer. Even though he was wondering the past days why Alex agreed to it, he was still grateful. It could only mean they can get closer. And he doesn't even know why that sounds good.

He arrived at ten past four and Gregson and the rest of the staff were already arranging the studio. A male model, Park Chanyeol, was standing in the sides, talking to one of the crews. Gregson said they needed someone to act as the third party in the music video. After ten minutes, Alex entered the studio and she greeted everyone with a smile. She certainly doesn't know any one from them except Gregson and Yi Fan. Gregson saw her first and approached her. 'Hello Miss Dawson! It's nice to see you again!' He shook her hand. Kris walked to them and said hello as well. 'Thanks for accepting this,' he said, pointing to the revised studio and huge video cameras. 

Alex only smiled, she seems nervous. Gregson called for Chanyeol and introduced him to Alex. 'Alex, I'd like you to meet Mr. Park Chanyeol. I don't know if you know him but he's also a model. He'd be working with you for the music video.' Kris look as Chanyeol and Alex bowed to each other. Chanyeol already has his make-up on because he was first to arrive out of the three of them and he was an inch taller than Kris. Side by side they look like twin towers.

'Okay so let's get to business! Alex, let's get you ready.' Gregson asked Alex to follow him to the dressing room. There she met an artist named Keai and she was beyond happy to find out that it's Alex Dawson she'll put make-up on. Alex didn't know how she's going to be dressed and what the music video was about. The studio outside was designed to look like a dimmed lit bedroom and there was a small pool on the other side. It's amazing how the staff can turn a simple studio into those, making it look real. While Alex was getting her hair done, Gregson knocked. 

'Alex, it's me Greg! We'll start in five. Keai, make it fast!' Alex heard him shout from the door. She felt that Keai was being pressured. 'You're doing great,' she said, to make her relax. She assessed herself in the mirror and she liked what she saw. The eyeliner was perfect, it almost looked like she was a European girl who is a rock guitarist. The hair was curled all the way down like Madonna. There were two outfits prepared for her. The first is what she's currently wearing: a long thin silk night gown that got her cleavage exposed. Keai applied some foundation from her neck to the chest. Alex suddenly felt nervous. She was about to appear in a Kris Wu Yi Fan music video.

The shoot started at 5:30 and Kris, Chanyeol, and Alex all got out from their respective dressing rooms. Kris saw Alex and his eyes darted to her chest because of the revealing night gown. Jeez, don't look at that. Asides from that, he was mesmerized. He's seen Alex in a runway but standing in front of her now...he was stunned by her beauty. Just like Alex, he still wasn't informed about the script. The first scene revolves around the two of them. Kris got to Alex's side and wanting to know how she's feeling he asked, 'Are you alright?' 

Alex looked at him for a second before nodding, 'Yes.' Her smile was different. Kris can feel her awkwardness. He wants her to feel comfortable with him because they'll do scenes together. When he asked her if she was nervous, she was honest to reply a second 'Yes'.

Gang Fe, the director, snapped to get their attention. 'Okay guys! Today we'll be shooting Kris's music video for Liar. I want everyone to enjoy and give their best. We're all professionals here, let's trust one another! Let's start!'

Liar is a song about cheating. In the first scene, Kris and Alex will have to lay on the bed and make-out. 'WHAT?' Alex was fast to react when she heard the script writer say that they would have to kiss passionately and caress each other intimately while on bed. Kris grunts. He was controlling not to laugh at Alex's reaction. Alex turned to look at him. 'I swear I had no idea that's what they have planned!' He didn't want Alex to feel like he's tricked her to act something like this with him. 

'Is that really necessary?' Alex asked to the scriptwriter. Kris listens.

'Yes. No worries, you two won't be kissing for real. It's all about the angles. We'll make it look like you are kissing and you just have to act it good for us. Okay?' 

Alex said nothing to that. Kris was feeling she wanted to quit already. They haven't even tried it yet. He breathed in before encouraging her. 'It's going to be okay. Just trust me.' And he doesn't know whether Alex was going to believe that or not. She should.

They put themselves into the bed and it was all in them how they'd act the scene out. Alex lay down with her head on the pillows and Kris can feel her tensed. He wasn't too sure of himself either. But he has done this for his previous MVs and he can tell that he can handle this the same way. He positioned himself above Alex and he can hear her breathing. It was only him who can see her entire face. He was careful not to press himself too much to her. They look each other in the eyes and Kris felt Alex was slightly shaking. 'Trust me.' He whispered. Alex blinked once and nodded. 'ACTION!'

'Okay, I'm going to put one hand on the back of your head. The other on your waist. Arch your back a little for me.' Kris was saying while they were doing it. 'CUT!!' Gang Fe shouted. 'Kris! We can see you talking on the screen! Can you please sort this out before we start again?' 

Kris gave Alex space and sat beside her. 'If I was your boyfriend, how would you kiss me? It's just that Alex. I'm professional, you're professional. Let's not take it personally. If we make it good, we'll move in to the next scene. Alright?' He was afraid Alex would never agree to anything that he'd have to offer after this. But they have to succeed with this. Kris believes Alex will get it right in the end. 

'Second take! ACTION!' The director said after three minutes. 

They started with Kris on top of Alex with the first lines of Liar playing in the background. Her scent was enticing, like rose. Kris gently pulled her closer by putting his right hand at the back of her head and his left below on her waist. She was light in his arms. He can still feel her heart beating fast but the next minute she was arching her back to him and her hands were tugging on his hair. Making sure the angles were good, Kris acted as if he was kissing Alex from the lips down to the neck and to the collar bone, slowly removing the silk from her shoulder. Kris can feel Alex's legs shook beneath him but he acted as if there was nothing. What is she thinking? What's bothering her? Then she touched him on the chest, ing his shirt. The feeling is almost...

'CUT! That was convincing! Well done!' 

Kris threw his back to the bed, feeling hot. He's done y cuts before but he never felt this way. Maybe because he's working with a model as fragile and genuine as Alex. He can see Alex blush but she also stayed there beside him, finally relieved. 'Easy, huh?' Alex looked at him when he said it. By the look in her face, she didn't find it easy at all. 

Alex swallowed. 'Why do you do scenes like that?' 

Kris laughed. 'Because I'm a celebrity? It's also what you do when you get partnered with male models for a y pictorial.' He said matter-of-factly. At least Alex didn't have to arch her back and have her partner caress her from face to shoulder in any y photo-shoots that she's done before. She actually never imagined doing it.

The second scene will have Chanyeol and Alex in the pool. Alex changed into her bikinis and Chanyeol was already in his trunks. Kris looked at the two of them listening attentively to the scrip writer. 'This will be easy. Chanyeol, you only have to carry Alex, piggy-back style. And act like you're having so much fun in the waters.' They will be doing that? Kris's eyebrows were furrowed. Now let's see how she's going to handle that. Kris is thinking that she'll feel more awkward with this because she was only in bikinis and Chanyeol has to touch her on the legs. How would it feel like to have their bare bodies touched and get wet? Kris suddenly didn't want to watch it. 

But he did. And Alex was managing well. She was laughing, leaving Kris wondering whether she was just acting or she really was happy. She looks at ease with the guy. What is it with Chanyeol? Maybe because they are both models. Maybe because Park Chanyeol was a funny guy, he was telling her jokes Kris couldn't hear from where he's standing. It took them three shots to perfect it. What the hell. Was it harder to carry someone on the back than do a bed scene? 

'Kris! Your solo is next! We'll have to shoot you singing parts of the lyrics.' Gang Fe instructed. 

'Is this your first time?' Chanyeol asked at Alex while Kris was being shot. He is an active model of commercials and endorsements. They were having a little break, Keai was retouching Alex's make-up and Chanyeol was holding a rubix cube not knowing how to solve it. 

'First time to appear in a music video, yes.' Alex confirms. The hours went by quickly and Gang Fe just announced that they will have a continuation of the shooting tomorrow. Another day with Yi Fan, Alex thought. Kris is becoming a part of her every day life now. 

'Are you enjoying it so far?' Chanyeol was. In fact, he finds Alex friendly even if she's refined and quiet.

'I think so. How 'bout you?' 

'Yah, of course. Don't you think his song's cool? Gregson told me he wrote it for his ex. I bet his ex isn't gonna like it when she hears it. I mean, everyone would know it's about her. Did you know?' Chanyeol was being talkative. He was watching Kris rapping and trying to act cool in front of the cameras. Alex didn't answer him. How is Lexy going to feel about this?

 

 

The next day they shoot again, this time in the morning. Kris had only five hours of sleep. Today they'd be shooting outside. And they needed lots of bodyguards because the fans can get real crazy sometimes. Alex arrived just in time and Chanyeol too. The weather was nice. The only problem was the fans. They were taking pictures of every scene and Gang Fe needs to remind them all the time that the pictures should not be posted online before the release date of the music video. 

'Did you have a good sleep last night?' Kris asked while they were doing the first scene they have for today. They were in the boardwalk, walking hand in hand. Kris can't remember ever holding Alex's hand like this. He remembers dragging her during their first date, and the feel of her hand on top of his when they witnessed the shooting star together, but today was different: their hands were intertwined. At first Kris was hesitant but he knew he had to do it. Alex's hands are soft. What's incredible was the fact that Kris need not to act, because he really is happy at the moment. This was the kind of relationship he wanted to have with his fake girlfriend. He needs her to trust him. He needs to make her feel comfortable with him. He wants her to smile and laugh with him. Crap, what am I even saying? Alex is just a distraction. He only asked her to be his girlfriend because he wanted to prove to himself that he can possibly fall in love again and be happy without Lexy. Because he has moved on. He has gotten over whatever he and Lexy had a year ago. No, Alex is engaged. 

Kris was lost in his thoughts. And he didn't hear them yell 'CUT!' He doesn't even know if Alex answered his question. 

The shooting ended well. They finished at 5PM. When Kris offered Alex a ride home, Chanyeol told him that he's already the one who asked Alex first. Chanyeol doesn't seem to know that Kris and Alex were pretending to be lovers. If he did, he would have asked the two of them right away during the first day of shooting. Just when Kris was about to reply to him, Alex spoke. 'It's okay. You don't have to bother. Gregson told me you're still meeting Lexy after this.'

Kris mouth hanged. I am? What the hell is Gregson talking about? But before he can defend himself, Alex was already walking with Park Chanyeol towards the latter's car. 

When he turned to look back at the shooting site, he found Gregson talking to Lexy. What does she want this time? 

--------------------------------

Hi guys! How's your day so far? Here's an update for you before going to sleep. I hope you enjoy. Thanks again for following this story! Hope you stick with it till the end. High five? Tell me what you think. Write me comments and feedbacks. And if you want to, please upvote? Thank you so much! Saranghae! :)