Day 19: DO Kyungsoo

30days with Yi Fan

Day 19: DO Kyungsoo

He didn't see Alex for the next three days. She wouldn't reply to his messages either. But he knows that she receives them. 

Kris remembers that night in the studio; when he saw Alex's eyes shining with tears. For three days he's been thinking of going to the apartment to see if she's okay. For three days he's been stopping himself from calling her to ask if she's feeling any better. He wonders how they'd be like if they are still pretending to be couples and if Alex hasn't made a new set of conditions. Maybe Kris would go to her in an instant without thinking about being more considerable or nicer. Maybe after sending her five messages and not getting a single reply, he'd dial her number right away and ask her what's wrong and tell her that they'll go out and have dinner and he wouldn't have to wait for her to say yes because he's always been that cold. But Kris did not do any of those. He's here in the studio yet again, rehearsing his songs and letting the memory of that night occupy his mind. Why is her boyfriend such a dumb ? 

On the next day, Kris has a comeback stage for Liar in a music show. He will have to drive-by Alex's apartment on his way to KBS studio. When he reached her place, he stopped the car and tried to see pass through the car windows if she's inside. It's three o'clock sharp in his Rolex. The curtains in the living room were closed. Kris reached for his mobile and searched for the txt message that Flix sent him yesterday; it's Alex's schedule for the week. 

'She doesn't have any.' Kris was talking to himself inside the car. He saw the date Dec. 8 in her schedule and next to it was None. What was he doing anyways? He's right outside her apartment and he can't even make himself get out of the car and knock to her door.

He thought of sending her his sixth message since three days ago, hoping that she'll reply this time. He typed 'Hi.'

He waited. Come on. He'd look at the apartment every now and then, praying not to get caught.

After about four seconds, she replied. 'Hello.'

Kris replied quickly, typing the words 'How are you?' Keep replying.

'I'm fine, thank you. How about you?' 

Kris laughed. The messages sound awkward and formal. 'It's like phrases we learn in an English class :))' 

Without waiting for a reply, he dialed her number. He wants to hear her voice. And without waiting for her to speak once she answered the call, he said, 'How are you, really.'

She sounds okay. Kris can even guess that she's smiling when she said, 'Just don't mention that night. I don't want to remember how pitiful I looked like.'

That's not true. 'You don't look like that to me.'

She only snorts. 'Whatever. You busy?' Alex seems to always find her way out whenever Kris says something cheesy or . 

'Uhm, I'm actually heading to a music show. Are you free today?' He asked even though he already knows the answer. 

'Hmm...yes.'

Because Kris knows that she wouldn't like it if he forces her again and due to the reason that he can be a gentleman too, he asked, 'Would you like to come and watch?'

There's a big part of him that eagerly hopes for her to say yes. 

'Will I get VIP seats?' 

That'd be easy. 'Why not?' Kris said. 

It took her a few seconds before answering, 'Okay then.'

Hearing that, Kris wants to get out of the car right away and see her. But that'd give him away and reveal that he's just been outside the house the whole time they're talking. 'Great, uhm, can I pick you up now? In five minutes? I'm on the way, actually.' He lied. And his voice almost sounded too excited.

He heard Alex laugh on the other line. 'Always as fast as the train, Mr. Yi Fan. Okay, I'll be ready in five minutes. Bye!' And then she hung up. 

Kris set his cellphone's timer to five minutes. In 03:50 he got down from the car and walked his way to Alex's door. 

He pressed the doorbell rather than knocking. He can hear Alex's footsteps running to the door. When she opened it and saw Kris standing there, she raised an eyebrow and teased, 'Five minutes?' 

Kris secretly looked at the phone still in his hand and saw the timer on 04:26. He almost wanted to laugh. Instead, he tried to act naturally and said, 'I didn't want to be late.'

Alex put her bag over the shoulder, fix her socks before wearing black flat shoes and as if Kris's presence makes her move into a rush, she hurriedly checked the windows in the kitchen and living room before finally stepping outside the doorway and closing the door. Kris can't help but smile while watching her. 

'After you,' he whispered, waiting for Alex to walk on. 

Alex gave him that teasing look again, 'Since when did you become a gentleman?' 

She always has questions to ask, doesn't she? 

Kris shrugged his shoulders boastfully. 'I've always been.'

He figured that was a good one because it made Alex laugh once more. After all, he's not always the cold guy everyone assumes him to be.

 

 

His performance is scheduled at five. They arrived at KBS forty minutes earlier. Kris has to meet Gregson in the backstage and rehearse a little. Asking if she'll be fine, Kris left Alex sitting on the front row. He has to perform well. Alex is there to watch him. 

A few artists performed before him. Amber is one of the three MCs who host the show. Before his turn, Kris tested his mic and practiced some of the choreography. It's his first comeback stage after a year. 

The hosts introduced the next performer and Kris heard his name. He can hear Liar being played in the background. The lights went out and he quickly moved to the center of the stage. The intro of Liar started playing and in no time, the lights slowly appear again revealing his image on stage. He can hear the audience scream.

'You closed my heart and you bagged that sshh. Running 'round till you hurt that feet. Want me now, well you can't have me now. No, never, I won't trust a liar no more. You're a liar, liar, liar.' He hears the fans singing the chorus with him. He's back to where he belongs. Music has always been a big part of him. And his fans, no matter how crazy some of them may be, mean the world to him.

 

 

'Did you enjoy yourself?' Kris met with Alex after the encore. He won today's trophy. Making his way down the stage, the fans went crazies and began pushing their way towards him; squishing themselves against each other. The bodyguards tried to block as many people as they can. But some still managed to get to Kris and asked for pictures and autographs. Alex just stood there, not wanting to add to the commotion. 

It's Alex's first time to watch in KBS. Today she saw DO Kyungsoo performed; Chesca's favorite G's Ent solo artist. She could have invited her if only she knew. Watching Kris being mobbed by fans, she noticed him smiling even if some fans went overboard like pulling his coat or putting their arms around his or holding his hands or hugging him without permission. Could she have possibly done that if she's met him three years ago? When she was still crazy about him too, just like these fans in front of them? 

All of a sudden, she saw Kyungsoo walking pass with a female beside him; probably his make-up artist or personal assistant. Alex wanted to run towards him and ask him for a picture to show to her best friend. She had not noticed Kris get to her side until she heard him speak. 'Are you alright?'

Then, as if she can't express what she really wants to say, Alex opened but no words came out. She pointed to Kyungsoo who was behind Kris and the rapper turned to look at who she's pointing at. 'DO Kyungsoo?' He asked.

Alex nods her head several times. 

Without asking further, Kris shouted, 'D.O.! D.O.!' 

D.O. turned and when he saw that it's Kris who's calling him, he stopped walking, told the woman beside him to wait for a while and started walking back. He's just two feet from them now. 'Kris!' He tapped him on the shoulder and their height difference was evident. 'Congratulations on the comeback!'

Kris thanked him. He's so squishy, Alex thought. Kyungsoo's trademark was his heart-shaped smile. 

'Hey, I'd like you to meet Alex.' Kris said. He doesn't know whether to introduce her as a friend or girlfriend. But he knows that it's better not to say any. He knows people still think they're an item, although that headline has never been true.

'Oh, hello Alex!' Kyungsoo directed to Alex and offered to do the handshake with her. After doing so, he said to Kris, 'Your girlfriend, right?'

Alex and Kris looked at each other and as if they can now read each other's minds, they both nodded. Just to not explain further.

Just when she's about to ask for a picture, D.O. left and Alex figured he still has another schedule. Maybe next time she'll be able to tag Chesca along and together they can take selcas with Kyungsoo and his heart-shaped smile. 

 

 

'Do you ever wish you could spend time with your fans?' Alex asked over dinner. 

'I do that in meet and greet,' Kris said. What Alex meant was something more.

'I mean like a real gathering. An exclusive party or event where you can really interact with them like in games and stuff, with no bodyguards, Gregson or personal assistants.' 

Kris was giving her the why-do-you-always-ask-these-questions stare. But he considered it and after a while he answered. 'That's not going to be possible.'

'Why not?' Alex was fast to object. I'm your fan and I'm here with you.

'I hope this is not going to sound arrogant but- they might hurt me and I might end up in the hospital.' Kris explained. He's encountered many insane experiences with fans. Even if he doesn't show it, it sometimes scare the hell out of him. Some fans can invade his privacy to the extremes. They always find ways on how to stalk him to places. 'It's just that...'

Alex cut him off. 'What if it's an event where only behaved fans can attend? Will you come?' 

'I don't have time and I need patient organizers for those kinds of-'

'Yes or no Kris,' Alex commanded. 

After giving it a thought, Kris said, 'Probably yes.'

He doesn't know why Alex always ask him those fan-related questions. But he remembers her seventh condition and he knows that he's being honest with her all the time. What Kris doesn't know is...

The moment he said yes, Alex already has something planned in her mind. And she has to thank her inner fangirl for it. 

-------------------------------
Hi guys!! Sorry for not updating for a week. I've been real busy the past few days and I can't promise day-to-day updates anymore. I know this is a lame chapter but like what I said before, each chapter means something. Even though it's been seven days since my last update, I hope you're still following this story. As always, feel free to tell me what you think through comments. Thank you!!