Day 5: Kim Jongin

30days with Yi Fan
DAY 5: KIM JONGIN
 
Childish. There was clearly no other word for how Kris behaved a while ago. Like everybody else, he has his issues. And he thought Sehun would be on his side. Well, of course not. Who was he kidding? Sehun has never picked him over anyone. Truth is, his nineteen year-old driver always contradicts him. Sometimes Kris ask himself if he really was the hyung or not. But Sehun only met Alex today. Today! And yet they have this what, instant friendship? That's hard to believe. Alex is friendly to his friends. Kai told him how open she was the first time they met. And now Sehun? 
 
Kris held onto his pride. He rarely says sorry. Alex appears to be tougher than he thought. Kris drew his attention to his bedside table. It was still there, never been touched. The magazines he bought that have Alexandria on the covers. Should he read them now? Maybe if he did, he would have get along well with her since Day 1. But reading materials are more often lying than stating the truth. They make you believe in stuffs and keep you curious. That's why Kris hates newspapers or anything that people get gossips from. Even the social networks. Gregson was always the one who updates Kris's Weibo account. It has its advantages, Kris won't deny that. But it sure is freaking demanding sometimes. Like the fact that when you post one picture, everyone would like it and ask you to post another one. Or the fact that when you copy a certain quotation and say it in your status, everyone would think it means something (even if you've probably only heard it from a film or from a friend). It can even get worse than that. 
 
But he reached for one magazine. It was an April issue. There were about six pages full of Alex. Kris starts to read:
 
Hometown: Melbourne
Siblings: None
Motto: "You don't always have to fit in. Be unique."
 
Kris stopped from there, and focused at the photographs. She's gorgeous. She's even prettier in person. Kris remembers their first date. Alex wasn't wearing make-up that night. And she was way too irritated and awkward, but still looks beautiful. Women like her deserve compliments. But Kris never have praised his fake girlfriend...yet. He thought they'd somehow be close by now. Maybe people always have expectations from Kris, without them thinking that Kris rarely meets real people because he's busy living in front of cameras. He fears of being too open about his life because he knows the press is lined-up waiting for a good headline all the time. That's why he envies his friends. Kai, for example, never went out on public and got pushed or tapped repeatedly for attention or shoved by restless fans. He can go to and from work without having to worry about getting followed or mobbed. And Kai, can ride the bus or plane or train without feeling like anyone might notice him and run towards him until it makes a scene and later on he won't be able to leave the ing bus or plane or train anymore. Kris isn't boasting. He isn't complaining either. It's just that...why can't all fans behave properly? 
 
His phone buzzed. 'I know you have Alex's number. Can I have it?' Speaking of the lucky and normal guy, the message was from Kai. What does he want Alex's number for? Kris replied with a 'No'. Why? Because he doesn't give out other people's numbers as if they were his own. Unless it was okay to the person. 
 
Kai texted again. He just wouldn't accept no for an answer. 'Always stubborn,' Kris said. Which leaves him one option. He dialed Alex's number, planning to ask her if it was alright to give her contact to Kai. As expected, Alex wasn't answering his calls. He texted her instead. 'My friend Kai wants to get your number. Will it be ok if I give it to him?'
 
Again, no reply. When will she reply to him? Will she ever? Kris stared at his phone, the magazine on his lap. Come on. 
 
And as if the mobile heard him, it buzzed. Alex replied! Kris opened it only to read one word, no, one letter actually. 'K'. Is that even a valid reply? What the hell, Kris hates getting replies like that! He was told that when a person replies that way it means he/she is not interested. It's the shortest version of 'Okay. Is that all? Bye.'
 
Alexandria Dawson. Sooner or later, I'll get to know you. But really, you were supposed to be a supportive girlfriend back there. What Kris was trying to say is...he has issues with people not answering calls or txt messages. If Alex had only answered his calls while she was shopping, Kris wouldn't be that angry. 
 
Kai texted him after he sent him Alex's number. 'Got it! Don't forget tomorrow!'
 
 
 
 
Kai texted Alex a couple of times, inviting her to attend his dance workshop the next day. Alex could only reply once, for she fell asleep before she even got his second message. Alex has not forgotten her promise to Kai. Considering that she has free schedule for the whole week, she can go and support the young choreographer. And she actually feels excited. She's been pissed off enough by Kris Wu Yi Fan. A day without him would be nice. 
 
Alex read Kai's message after doing her morning hygiene. He stated the place and time of the workshop. It'll be Alex's first time to attend a dancing workshop. Lots of first time lately, she realized.
 
Alex didn't have a hard time looking for Urban Soul, the name of Kai's dancing studio. Fortunately, the taxi knows where it is. Alex was greeted by a Korean hiphop-er, 'Good morning Ma'am! Attending Kai's workshop? May I have your ID and ticket pass?' Oops, Alex has none of that. She was just invited. The girl waited. They were just outside the studio and Alex could see through the glass doors, she tried to look for Kai. He was in one corner talking to another guy. If only he could turn around and see Alex...
 
'Kai!' Alex said out loud when Kai coincidentally turned around to check on the music player lying on the floor. He couldn't hear Alex because of the glass but he sensed someone waving at him from outside the door. When he finally saw Alex, he ran to the door to meet her. 
 
'Alex! You didn't tell me you're coming!' Kai hugged her like an old friend. The lady asking for Alex's ID suddenly looked away to entertain other attendees. I'm a VIP, Alex thought. 
 
'I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply last night. But, I'm here!' She spread her arms out wide as if she's about to hug Kai again. Kai smiled.
 
'Good. Kris will be here too so it's going to be fun! Come in!' 
 
Alex lost her smile the moment she heard that name. He's coming? Ugh, why hadn't she thought about that?! Of course Kris is Kai's friend! But does he have time for workshops like this? He should be somewhere doing rehearsals or yelling at someone!
 
Kai noticed Alex didn't move so he pulled her slowly inside. The moment they got in, Alex realized the amount of people who came to watch Kai. Oooh, he must be so good to have this kind of supporters. It was just ten in the morning. Others were warming up while waiting for the dance lessons to start. Others were taking candid shots of Kai. Wow.
 
'Good morning guys! I'm Kim Jongin and today we're going to do lots of dancing and we're going to have lots of fun! Yeah?' Everyone's attention was now on Kai. Alex didn't know that Kai's real name was Kim Jongin. She felt kind of awkward standing there in the middle with him. He's still holding her hand. The class answered back with 'Yeah!'
 
'But before that, let me introduce to you my new friend Alex.' He removed his hand on my arm to clap along with the crowd. She bowed to them like a Korean. 'Later on my good friend Yi Fan will also be joining us.' Everyone started screaming. Good friend? I highly disagree. 'If you wish to take a picture with him, you can do that after the whole session. Ok? No stampede please, or what so ever. Alright?' The crowd chorused with 'Ne' (hanggul for 'Yes'). Alex doubts if they'd really behave once Kris arrived. They didn't come to Kai's workshop just because they know Kris is his friend and there's 80% chance that he'd come, right? They couldn't be that rude. Alex wonders if Kris always attends Kai's workshop. Given that he is a good friend.
 
The door opened and here comes the devil. Kris Wu Yi fan entered like it was his workshop, holding two cups of Starbucks coffee. Alex quickly went to a corner where she could not be easily seen. She thought that everyone will start screaming or shaking but nothing happened. It was like a miracle. Nobody even took out their cameras or cell phone. Nobody. Alex must be dreaming. 
 
'Bro!' Kai approached Kris and they did some fist bumping or whatever they call it. Those manly versions of saying hello. Kris replied with, 'Hey, what's up?' and handed Kai the Starbucks. Alex was in the corner trying to busy herself with looking at her Converse when she heard Kai's next words. Everyone seems to be listening. 'Your girlfriend's here.' Oh no, he shouldn't have said that. Why would he? He knows we're just pretending! 
 
Everyone reacted with a teasing tone. And the three girls standing in front of Alex gave way so that the others can look at Alex. What the! But Kris for some reason, didn't hear what Kai said. 'Who?' He asked. Seriously, is he deft now or was that intentional? 
 
Alex saw Kai elbowed him on the lower chest. 'Ouch!' Kris eyed Kai as if saying 'What was that for?' But Kai only responded with, 'Your girlfriend Alex. She's here. Go ahead and say hi.'
 
Kris immediately looked around the room to search for Alex. When their eyes meet, he looked away immediately too. 'We had a fight last night.' He whispered to Kai. Kai creased his eyebrows. 'Let me guess. You were being stupid again, weren't you?' From the corner, Alex heard it and so did the rest. Honestly, she wanted to laugh. Kris's friends seem willing to take her side anytime. 
 
Kim Jongin's dance workshop started at exactly 10:30. And he was even better than how Alex imagined. His facial expressions while dancing were smoldering y and hot. He doesn't seem to be the shy Kai when he's dancing, he transforms into a Michael Jackson. His moves are right on the beats and his choreography is legit. He interacted with his class, making sure that they get to follow his steps. He was being very patient here and there, giving people enough time to cope up. Alex can only stare at him and get amazed. She did her best to join in the dance because she didn't want to look like a weirdo for just standing there doing nothing while the rest were grooving and sweating. Yi Fan joined too. And much to Alex's surprise, he is good in dancing. Like a pro! Maybe Kai taught him. 
 
The workshop ended with Kai's solo performance of his choreography and everyone holding the video cams to record. Then just before leaving, people approached Kai for pictures and autographs. Others who were waiting in line got near Yi Fan and managed to take a pic with him too. When all is done, only the three of them were left inside the studio and Alex was surprised when Kai ran towards her with a digital camera in one hand and took a quick shot with her. 'Smile!' He said while stretching his arm in front of them to get the picture. After that, he simply called for Kris and Alex thought he'd take a picture of the three of them but Kai moved in front leaving Yi Fan and Alex standing next to each other. 'I'll take a pic of you two! 1, 2-
 
'Hey, it's not good! You two look like enemies! Get closer!' Kai signaled for them to compress. Alex just took a step to the right. Kris did the same to his left. 'Still not good! Kris! Your arm! Put it over Alex's shoulder! Now, now, okay...' What the hell Kai, just click the shutter already! 'Good! I'll count now. 1, 2, say Kreeeaase!' 
 
Alex tried to smile. It was good that Yi Fan was being quiet. At least he's not acting as if nothing happened last night. Alex moved to get her bag on the floor when Kai alerted them again. 'One more, one more! How about a wacky shot? Come on, you two! Cute pose!' Yi Fan was not objecting at all. Did he do wacky shots before? Is he allowed that? Alex laughed inside her head. It'd be fun. She did her best wacky pose and didn't care if Yi Fan did the same. But Kai approved by laughing and saying, 'Now that's a good shot!' giving Alex the idea that indeed, Yi Fan knows how to do wacky shots. She stopped herself from getting near Kai to take a look at the outcome of his shots. She'll look at it when Kris is not around. 
 
--------------
Hello! Sorry for the lame update! /facepalm