Day 9: The Ex

30days with Yi Fan

DAY 9: THE EX

Just Prints is a known clothing brand in Korea. The owner, Eun Seo, is originally from the US but is half-Korean. She decides which fabric to use and designs everything. The shop basically sells comfortable clothes that everyone can wear on a daily basis without losing their fashion taste. Everything goes with various prints, from simple polka dot dresses to more abstract. There are animal printed shoes too, and bags that are made with real animal skin. Alex has a few collections of them in her closet. Having been seen by outsiders, Eun Seo personally contacted Alex thru Flix to ask if she would like to be their newest Just Prints model. Eun Seo mentioned that Alex will be partnering a new male model as well. Sometimes Flix decides whether to accept a certain offer or not. If it fits into Alex's schedule it's a yes. If it doesn't, it would have to wait. 

'The contract signing will be at 2. I'll see you there.' Flix texted at nine in the morning. Alex was watching a foreign channel; kind of a Gags for Laugh show. She hasn't seen Cheska for quite some time and Xiumin was taking his barista profession way too seriously. It was like everyday Alex is left with no one else but Flix for company. And her job.

Her phone rings. She looked at the caller's name. It's fake boyfriend. Instead of saying hello, she said, 'Yes?' 

'I'm inviting you for lunch,' it was a statement and not a question. Kris seems to have a multi-character type of personality. Not a cold guy yesterday, back to cold guy today. Exactly.

'Why?' It was just right to ask. Doesn't he have anyone to eat lunch with, asides from a fake girlfriend?

'We haven't had lunch together yet. It's always dinner.' He's realized that? 

'I have an appointment at two,' Alex answered, hoping Kris would understand that as a no. 

'You do? No problem, I'll take you there before two. Okay?' He always has his ways. Can't anyone say no to a Kris Wu Yi Fan? Was he also like this to his past girlfriends?

'Okay.' Alex didn't dare think it through, she'll just end up saying no and Kris will find a way to reverse it again. 

'Are you in the apartment?' 

'Yes,' she said.

'I'll be there in twenty minutes.' And then the call was off. Trust Yi Fan not to say bye-bye. He goes off like a storm. Alex can't help but wonder if she'll ever face a much-approachable slash much reasonable slash much understandable Kris. She shook her head. Probably not.

 

 

 

Kris came at half past eleven and Alex noticed the new hairstyle and color. He's switched from blonde to brown. It really looks good on him, plus his plaid long-sleeve shirt. Like a true celebrity.

Kris chose another fine restaurant. He never asks Alex what foods she like, she'd pretty much just eat whatever he orders for her. He's an accommodating guy.

'Do you always eat outside?' Alex asked over lunch. She thinks lunch with him was far better than dinner because there was less people around and everyone was either taking a break from work or missing it because of too much workload. 

'You mean in restaurants? Yes, I do,' he answered. Alex was glad his voice didn't come out as boastful. 

'Don't you know how to cook?' She couldn't imagine eating commercial foods all the time. Maybe because Clint always cooks her a variety of healthy foods. He used to say that it's not good to eat in fast food chains, not when you have all the ingredients at home.

'Do you?' Kris asked the question back at her. He has a new piercing in his right ear. It's cool how Alex seems to notice.

'A little,' she shared. Clint taught her some of his specialties. 

Kris sipped from his bowl of soup, then looked back at Alex before nodding. 'I do too, a little,' making a pinch gesture with one hand. He really looks good today, despite the attitude.

'It suits you,' Alex praised, indicating on Kris's new hairdo. 

Kris touched his hair on one side, acting suave. It's like watching a male model in an anti-dandruff shampoo commercial. 'It's for the comeback.'  

People can't seriously believe he can be gay. Everything about him is...

'Do you love your fans?' Alex found herself asking. 

'What?' Kris was surprised with the change of subject.

Alex repeated. 'Your fans, do you love them?' Do you love us?

She thinks she heard him snort. 'Of course. I wouldn't be here without them. Why'd you ask?' 

Because I was wondering 'bout the emails we sent you, did you ever read them? The gifts, do you have them kept somewhere? 'Nothing. Just curious.' Alex lied.

They finished their meal and Kris paid for everything. Even if Alex wanted to pay her own, he'd argue. What is it about men's pride? 

They were back to his car and it was only twelve twenty-five. 'Gregson wants me to go to the airport to fetch someone.' Kris said before starting the engine. When he saw Alex's worried face, he added, 'Don't worry, it'll only take a while. You won't be late for your schedule.' Alex wasn't worrying about that. She was wondering who on earth will she be meeting this time, an Aunt? Or maybe another one of Kris's friends? 

When they got to the airport, Alex can't help but remember that day when Kris bumped into her, and all the fans following. Does Kris remember it too? He was the one who told his Mom about it. She felt Kris's hand touched her waist, guiding her along the way to the entrance. Just ignore it.

'So, who are we waiting for?' Alex stared at the boarding flights. There were lots of people, waiting for their loved ones's arrivals. 

Kris was searching from left to right. Not looking at Alex, he said, 'I don't know. Gregson said she'll find us.' She? 

That's when Alex saw her. She could be the one Gregson wanted Kris to see. Lexy Carter, a Korean supermodel, and Kris's ex-girlfriend. The reason why Alex wanted to become a model too. She nagged Kris on the arm. Before she can speak, Lexy was already making her way towards them and Kris has seen her too. Alex saw the shock in his eyes. Wow, he really had no idea it's going to be her, huh? 

'Kris!' Lexy approached him and enveloped herself into him; surprising Kris even more. Alex rolled her eyes. She's here to witness a romantic scenario, isn't she? Lexy was an inch taller than her, and it was obvious even now that they're both wearing heels. She has long blonde hair and she's wearing a really short skirt. Alex felt uncomfortable being there. Lexy has not stopped talking, 'How have you been? So Greg really sent you? How sweet! I'm so happy to see you!' Her voice was annoying.

'He didn't tell me it's you. If I knew I wouldn't-' Kris tried to explain but Lexy finally saw Alex standing beside him, cutting him off with, 'And you are?' 

Alex just wants to leave. She doesn't have a good feeling about Lexy. The way she's looking at her was just...

'Alex. She's Alex, my girlfriend.' Kris answered for her. Lexy laughed. 'Oh come on Kris, who are you kidding? She's not your girlfriend. Greg told me 'bout your little proposal.' Little? She dares call that a little proposal? Lexy was starting to get into Alex's nerves. She didn't expect her to be this frustrating. Right, some models only look good in cameras. 

Lexy looked at Alex, trying to look for something that would satisfy her. She's more beautiful than her. The model looked bland. Kris can't honestly date a girl like her. Kris loves hot women, not cute. She went nearer to Alex and offered a hand, 'Nice meeting you, Alex.'

For some reasons, Alex didn't want to appear like the two persons in front of her were affecting her so she took Lexy's hand and shook it. 'You too,' she said. 

Lexy turned back to Kris. 'Are you going to drive me to the hotel? Please, I'm having a jetlag.'

Kris has his eyebrows furrowed. The last time he saw Lexy was more than a year ago. Everything 'bout the way she's acting now disgusts him. 'Let's go.' Kris said and without another word, went straight outside to get on his car. He'll make sure he and Gregson will talk later. 

In the car, Lexy was still the one who keeps talking as if she was in a party. 'Europe was awesome! The restaurants, oh Kris, you've got to visit Paris! They've got all the clothing brands that you love! How's it here in Seoul?!' Her voice just keeps getting louder. She was seated beside the driver's because when Kris opened the car door to let Alex in, Lexy insisted she sit beside him and Alex should sit at the back. She would touch Kris on the shoulder or face every now and then while storytelling. From the outside she looked like she's on for any seducing game. Alex shook her head.

'Please stop with the touching,' Kris said after some time. Lexy was irritating him. 

'Oooh, you're still harsh,' Lexy said in response. 

'We're not in good terms. Don't forget that.' Kris's said warningly. Alex could feel the hatred in his tone. He really means it. 

Not wanting to get embarrassed, Lexy immediately pointed to a 7/11 store that's nearby. 'Hey, can we stop here for a while? I just want something to drink. I'm really thirsty.'

1:18 in the clock. Alex was sure that if they stay here longer, she would be late for Just Prints. Kris was thinking of the same thing. 'Make it quick. Alex has an appointment at two.' When Lexy heard this, she looked at Alex and say, 'Oh okay.' Then she left them in the car.

Alex was staring at the digital clock in Kris's car, counting each minute. She wasn't aware that Kris was looking at her in his side mirror. Lexy was taking forever. 

1:32. Kris pushed the steering wheel and got up. 'Stay here. I'll check what's taking her long.'

Kris entered the convenient store and saw Lexy sitting in once of the chairs, eating hot ramen in a cup. 'What are you doing?' 

His ex-girlfriend defended herself right away, 'Oops, sorry, I was hungry. Do you mind?' 

He does. He can't help but raise his voice. 'I told you Alex has an appointment! Why are you being like this!?' The ladies inside the store all turned to watch them. They didn't hear Alex came in. Alex cleared to get their attention. 

'I really have to go. I don't want to be late. I'll just take the taxi.' Alex mouthed then walked away without waiting for any of the two to reply. She's never late, and she doesn't wish today to be the first time. Kris shouts after her, 'Alex! Wait!'

He directed back to Lexy and with the same loathing he said, 'I'll contact Sehun to drive you. You said you're hungry? Eat everything while you wait.' He walked his way out.

When he got outside, Alex still hasn't found a cab and was on the opposite sideway. He crossed the street and pulled her back to his car. He opened the passenger door for her. 'Where's the address?' He asked, more calmly. Alex told him where and he drove the car in no time. 

1:49 'It's okay. Stop over-speeding.' Alex wanted Kris to relax. She was afraid they'd get hit or something. Kris did not listen. He was furious.

They got to the building after four more minutes and Alex opened the car door for herself, wanting to run all the way up to the second floor to meet her manager. She didn't say anything to Kris when she stepped out. 

Kris stopped her though. 'Thanks for having lunch with me.' They looked at each other for a while and then Alex was on her way to the entrance. As if she was sure Kris was still watching behind, she turned and waved him goodbye. Thanks for taking me here, before two. 

------------------------------------

Hello guys! How are you liking the story so far? Please let me know what you think. Comments, feedbacks and messages are all welcome. Please upvote? Fighting!