Day 4: Oh Sehun

30days with Yi Fan
DAY 4: OH SEHUN
 
Alex was awaken by a knock on her door. She wasn't expecting anyone today. And it's only 5:30 in the morning. 
 
'Coming!' Alex shouted while going down the stairs. The knock won't stop.
 
She was greeted by a smiling Xiumin after she opened the door. 'Good morning!' By looking at him in the doorway, Alex already knew what Xiumin's up to: jogging.
 
'Why were you still sleeping? We're supposed to jog!' Xiumin let himself inside the apartment and told Alex to hurry up and get ready. Alex scratched her eyes. She wants to go back to bed and sleep some more. Xiumin didn't even tell her yesterday that he has plans for jogging today. She could have been prepared then. 
 
'Can't we do it tomorrow?' Alex said lazily. 
 
'No. I woke up early for this. What's up with your healthy routines, supermodel? I was gone for a year. Don't tell me you stopped jogging for a year too!' Alex didn't wish to feel guilty. She didn't have a choice. There was no one who would accompany her. Chesca has school and Flix has a son to cook breakfast for. 
 
'Come on, before the sun goes up!' Xiumin pushed on her one more time. She went up to her room, stamping her feet on each stair, only making her friend laugh. Xiumin is a disciplined work-out guy. Jogging, balanced diet, exercise...
 
Alex washed her face with soap and brushed her teeth. She feels kind of lame. Seriously, Xiumin should have told her yesterday. 
 
She managed to be in her complete jogging attire, with her hair in a ponytail. Whenever the two of them go jogging, they each bring a bottle of drinking water and a small towel.
 
It was cold outdoors. Alex reasoned that maybe she's not used to getting up this early anymore. Xiumin must be so proud of her. He's probably making the best out of his remaining day before starting work in the coffee shop. 
 
'If I go visit you there, will I get free coffee?' Alex teased. Everyone likes treats.
 
Xiumin shook his head. 'As long as you don't visit on my first week. You want me to get fired? I didn't apply there so I could give friends free coffee.' But he will. Alex can picture it. The extra nice guy that he is. 
 
'Are you excited?' Alex asked even if she already knows what his answer's going to be.
 
'Yep. But I'm worried about you.' Xiumin said. Alex stopped jogging for a while to drink some water.
 
'Worried? Why?' 
 
'You'll start missing me again. We wouldn't be seeing each other regularly because I'll be so busy brewing coffee.' Xiumin can be corny if he wants. At least to Alex, that's how it sounded like.
 
She pats him in the back of the shoulder. 'How thoughtful!' Xiumin laughed at her sarcastic tone.
 
'But oh! Maybe not, because you'll have Kris to accompany you!' What the hell. Xiumin's definitely winning. 
 
'What are you saying!' Alex repeatedly slapped him on the back. 'I'm not even close to the guy!'
 
Speaking of the cold guy, Alex remembers about the fansigning event later at four. Kris Wu Yi Fan's BMW will be outside her apartment this afternoon. Xiumin brought her back to her senses. 'You know what, I was thinking about your situation with him.'
 
Here we go again, Alex thought. She's starting to dislike it when anyone mentions the name Kris. Because the conversation will lead back to the proposal again. She pretended not to care. 'And?'
 
'I'm just curious. You said he asked you to pretend so that he can prove to people that he's not gay? That's strange. I mean, there could be another reason. It's not like his fans will leave him just because of a gay rumor and a blind item. He's a celebrity. Celebrities always deal with those. And fans know that.' Xiumin rationalized. At some point, he got Alex's full attention. But Xiumin knows Alex tends to overthink things so he quickly added, 'Anyway, we should get going.' He started jogging again and Alex followed his lead, setting aside what she had heard from him. Does Yi Fan have a different reason? Is he using Alex? For what? Is Alex a part of a joke or something? Alex shook her head. He wouldn't.
 
 
 
 
Xiumin didn't join Alex for breakfast. After they've watched sunrise, they went separate ways and Alex cooked fried eggs and ham. Sometimes it makes her feel good cooking for herself. She didn't know how to cook back then. Thanks to Flix's help.
 
While Alex was downing her milk, Xiumin's statement occupied her again. She stoop up, went to the living room and looked for the newspaper wherein Kris's gay rumor was headlined. She read it again. Kris Wu Yi Fan- GAY? 
 
Famous Chinese singer-rapper Kris Wu Yi Fan was seen in his condo last night (Oct. 29) holding hands with a man. 
 
Alex skipped the rest. The man's name was kept anonymous throughout the article. The picture was simply a solo half-body shot of Kris wearing shades. A photo anyone would likely get from the internet.
 
Alex tried to go back to the first time she has read it. Yes, she was shocked. She could have acted real crazy and shouted that it was probably the worst entertainment headline. Thinking 'bout it now, could Alex have judged everything too quickly? Did she even wonder what other fans of Kris thought? Will they believe such a story? Will they even dare to get a copy and read it? Kris Wu Yi Fan doesn't at all look gay. But why would he want to prove it somehow? And why insert Alex to his plans? Was it really his or Gregson's idea? Was he being honest with his intentions? Maybe Alex can play along with the game. She will find out. Eventually she will
 
 
 
 
At three she was already all-prepared and ready. It was only two minutes ago when Yi Fan texted her to say, 'I'm busy. The driver will pick you up instead. He'll be there in fifteen minutes.' Of course the cold guy has a driver. Whoever thinks he doesn't?
 
So Alex waited. And Yi Fan's driver was right on time. He wasn't hired for nothing, eh?
 
Alex was already out the door when the driver got out from Kris's BMW and walked straight to meet her. He was tall, good-looking and has rainbow-colored hair. 'Good afternoon! Miss Dawson? Mr. Yi Fan sent me to pick you up.' How formal. He looks younger than his boss.
 
'Yes, hello. Thank you.' Alex wasn't sure if those four words made sense when put after the other. But the driver smiled and Alex swore he is younger than her and Yi Fan.
 
'After you.' He motioned, giving way for Alex after she has locked the apartment. She walked the way to the car and was about to open the door but the driver assisted her yet again. 'May I.'
 
Alex was feeling a bit awkward. She hates formality. And the driver was way too Korean. 'Where's the fansigning event?' She asked, the moment they were both seated. She reached for the seatbelt and secured herself. 
 
'At Byuyeong Plaza, Ma'am.' 
 
Alex slapped her hand in the air. 'Alex. Just call me Alex.' To which the driver smiled. 'How long have you been working for Yi Fan?' 
 
'Since he started his career.' The driver now focused to the road. He looks too good for a driver. Alex has the impression that he's not doing it for a living. 
 
'And how old are you?' She was beginning to become an interviewer. 
 
'Nineteen.' What?! Alex stopped herself from reacting. She might start sounding like a Mom if she doesn't stop from talking.
 
'Does he pay you enough?' Four questions. You've already asked him four questions, Alex.
 
'Yes, Ma'am.' He looked at her so she can see the sincerity in his eyes. 
 
'Does he treat you correctly? Is he demanding or cold or-
 
'People ask me the same questions. I know Mr. Yi Fan well. He's nice to me.' Alex was embarrassing herself already. She stopped talking after that. Maybe the driver thinks she's too talkative.
 
But the silence didn't last. It was time for reverse. 'Is he demanding to you?' When Alex remained silent, he shyly added, 'I'm sorry. You don't have to answer that, Ma'am.'
 
'Alex.' She reminded. 
 
The driver turned the wheel to the left and said, 'We're almost there, Ma'am Alex.'
 
'Drop the Ma'am.' She pleaded again. 
 
And having passed one more block, Alex saw the mall and read the sign Byuyeong Plaza.
The driver looked for an available parking lot. After parking, he opened the door for Alex once again and the latter stepped outside. Only then did she hear it. The fans' screams can be heard from that distance. Whoa.
 
They walked towards the venue with an assembled platform in the front and blue big tent covering the area. There were about a hundred mono-block chairs and security was surrounding the place in case anything gets out of shape. It was Alex's first time attending a fansigning event. Of Kris Wu Yi Fan. Wow
 
She searched for the singer. They were probably headed to the backstage. And there he was, sitting in a corner with a lady beside him, spreading slight make-up on his cheeks. Yi Fan saw her and Alex didn't know what else to do but wave, forcing it to look like girlfriend waving sweetly to her boyfriend. 'I'll be in the car, Alex.' The voice was what made her smile for real. Finally, he called her Alex without the Ma'am.
 
Alex looked at him while he leaves. Then realized she forgot to ask one more thing. 'Wait! What's your name?' 
 
The nineteen year-old rainbow colored-hair driver turned and gave her a handsome smile before replying, 'Oh Sehun.'
 
 
 
 
'You made it.' Yi Fan said the moment she approached him. His make-up artist turned to look. Alex only nodded, trying to smile. 'The event will start in two minutes. Stay here. It'll just take two hours.' 
 
Two hours? He wants Alex to stay there on her seat for two long hours? He's got to be kidding.
 
And so it took place in two minutes. You can hear the fans scream the moment Yi Fan went to greet them. Gregson was in the corner, watching. He caught Alex looking and gave her an unusual smile. Alex walked nearer, trying to find a spot where she can see everything more clearly. Some nearby fans in the VIP section waved at her and called her 'Alex!' Really, that was unexpected. Alex has never imagined going to a Kris's fansigning event with people knowing and shouting her name on one side. She simply returned the gesture and tried to focus at the person on stage. Kris Wu Yi Fan, who are you really?
 
The host of the event asked Kris a few questions. According to him, the questions were randomly selected and were made by fans. Kris answered them one by one, speaking Hanggul to Mandarin to English. He's such a showoff. Alex missed one question though. She can't understand Hanggul that much. It was asked by one of the fans in the front seats and it certainly involves Alex because everyone was now looking at her direction. Get those eyes away from me! 
 
But Kris replied in English. 'As you can see, uhm, she's here to support me.' Good gracious, he knows how to lie. He even stuttered. And there it goes again, the screams. And the camera flashes. Alex didn't think fansignings can be that much of a show. What else do you have to do to win fans' hearts?
 
Alex stopped from there. She was his fan once. She understood all of it. Or thought she did. If she had not met Flix or Clint, will she be one of these people? Grabbing that one chance to see Kris Wu Yi Fan in person and screaming her lungs out? She imagined she would even faint. She heard herself laugh. It was that level, huh?
 
Time seemed moving in slow motion. Only an hour have passed and Alex was feeling bored. She's seen the fans react. She's also seen Kris's reaction to them. It's still another hour before the event ends! Alex finally made up her mind. She'll go shopping inside the mall. Besides, it's her first time in Byuyeong Plaza. There might be stuffs here that are not being sold in other malls. 
 
Byuyeong Plaza was huge. Alex was grateful for the money she brought with her today. There was just too many good items and clothing. She imagined having Chesca with her and probably squealing over pretty dresses and vintage watch. Yes, she will surely invite her next time. Alex realized how much she missed shopping. She can't remember the last time she's been out in a mall alone, using her credit cards and eating something that's saved for heaven-oh's moments. Heaven-oh. Chesca uses that term to refer to things that are priceless and beyond wonderful. 
 
Alex has forgotten about the time. She hasn't noticed her phone ring too, for six times. Six missed calls. She's in trouble. Cold guy's heating up somewhere. Alex walked in fast speed back to where the fansigning took place and when Kris saw her, he immediately walked towards her and yelled. 'Where were you!'
 
Alex could only spread her arms and show him her shopping bags. 
 
'You went shopping? I told you to stay where you were!' Seriously, why is he so angry?
 
'Can't I at least have a good time myself? What did you expect, that I'd sit there for two hours? Two hours!' Alex shouted back. It pisses her so much when someone's being so unreasonable. 
 
'You were supposed to be acting as a supportive girlfriend!' He won't stop yelling. For God's sake, it was the smallest deal in the world! Why is he so ill-tempered and childish?!
 
Alex could have shouted back some more, if she wanted to. Kris glared at her and Alex could only stand there and glare back at him. He's really unpredictable, isn't he? 'You won't even answer your phone! You don't bring it for no reason! Sehun, let's go. To the hotel.' He walked away to the car. He can't win all the time.
 
'Aren't you going to help me with these?' Right, Alex, thank yourself for pushing him for more fire. Yi Fan turned.
 
'Why would I?' 
 
'Because you're supposed to be a helpful boyfriend, right?' Alex let all the shopping bags slid down her arm and fell to the floor. When she saw Sehun moved to get them, she said, 'Let him do it. A driver is for the wheel.'
 
Alex walked passed Yi Fan and was first to enter the BMW. Once inside, she looked passed the window and watched Sehun pat Yi Fan on the shoulder and his boss walked back to get what Alex's asked him to. Good. I never knew you can follow instructions too.
 
It was dead silent in the car. No one spoke until Kris said, 'To the hotel, Sehun.'
 
And Alex has got to protests. 'Sehun, to my apartment, please.'
 
That went for minutes. Kris ordering Sehun to go to the hotel and Alex asking him to drive her to the apartment. Sehun has the most difficult job in Seoul that night. After a while, he answered them; looking sharply at his boss 'It's late. Let's drive Alex safely back to her apartment.'
 
Neither Kris nor Sehun saw Alex silently rejoicing at the backseat. She looked at Sehun on the mirror and mouthed thank you. Yi Fan was a mute dragon beside the driver's seat. Alex can't wait to get out of that car and do jumping jack all the way to her front door. I owe you, Oh Sehun.
 
 
---------------
 
February update! Please comment, upvote, and ENJOY! :)