Visit

30days with Yi Fan

VISIT

It was planned. Alex planned to visit the hospital the next day. And she did. The only time she's available was eight in the evening. After her meeting with Flix regarding a new endorsement, she waved goodbye and hired a taxi. She will see Kris tonight, and find out why he's not showing up. 

On the way to the hospital, Alex bought some freshly cooked pastries. Kris's Mom loved it the last time she brought a box on her visit. The cab drove her right outside the hospital entrance and Alex paid the exact amount. A total of eight days. That's how long she hasn't seen Kris.

She's on the right floor and just about to knock on the door of the right room when a nurse called her by her surname. 'Ms. Dawson?'

Alex turned almost instantly. She hasn't visited in a week and it still surprises her that the nurses know her name. 'Ms. Dawson, right?' The nurse said again. 

'Yes, I am.' Alex replied, sounding a bit awkward. 

The nurse nods. 'Are you looking for Mr. Yi Fan?'

How strange. If they know her, they must know that she is indeed here to see Kris and his sick Dad. What's with the hold up and questions? 'Yes. It's this room, right? Or did they transfer rooms?'

The nurse looks stunned, in a bad way. Alex feels uncomfortable. 'Mr. Yi Fan Sr. passed away last week.'

Alex's heart skipped a beat. For a moment it stopped. Until she can breathe again. She stared at the nurse's eyes in disbelief and wished for one second that there was other than the doorknob to hold on to. 

'I'm sorry, Ms. Dawson. I thought you knew.' Alex saw the name tag on the uniform. Sulli. The nurse's name is Sulli. And yet she can't find the voice to speak.

'When- exactly?' 

Sulli looks worried now. But she told Alex what Kris kept from her. 'Last Thursday.'

Thursday? That's three days after Alex went to Kris's condominium and ate the dinner he cooked. That's five days ago. Why didn't Kris tell her? 

'Ms. Dawson, are you alright?' 

Alex wanted to say no. That she's angry and saddened and bothered. She held tighter onto the bag of pastry. She needs to see Kris. Kris needs to see her. Whichever among the two is more needed. 'I have to go. Thank you.' And as if wanting to remember the name, Alex adds, 'Sulli'.

 

Alex doesn't know where she's going. Kris isn't answering her calls. She's not in the mood of sending him messages with lots of 'whys' and 'how comes'. If he can just pick-up the phone! 

That night in his studio, Alex told Kris about her long distance relationship with Clint. She told him Clint's not leaving her messages anymore and giving her calls. She told him she hated her boyfriend for it. She told him she doesn't like being left out hanging. She told Kris all of those things but why did he do it to her?! Shouldn't she be one of the first persons he'll run to in case of emergency or bad news? Especially about his father! Alex was there to care for his Dad! It will hurt her too to lose him. It's hurting now. And suddenly Alex remembered having lost her parents when she was younger. She remembered wanting to hide herself because everywhere she goes people ask the same questions all the time. They asked what and how it happened and Alex will only cry. She remembered telling herself over and over again that it was her lost and no one else's. She remembered wishing for even just one friend. One friend to cry on. One friend to see her that wrecked and broken. One friend to embrace. One friend to listen. One friend to just be there. And maybe she hoped she was that one friend to Kris. But he must have chosen someone else. 

Alex needs to see him. She wants to be there for him. Maybe there's one more place she can go.

She told the taxi driver to take her to G's Entertainment. She's not sure whether they'll allow her in without an ID but she has to try. Maybe Kris is in the studio. Maybe he's making a sad song. Maybe he's crying. Can the cold guy cry?

The guard on the gates was fast to stop her when she tried to walk pass. 'I'm sorry, Ma'am, can I have your ID?'

It was dumb of her not to bring one, although she don't remember the guard asking for IDs when she went here with Kris. 'I'm here to see Kris Wu Fan. He's an artist under Gregson Choi.' 

'Mr. Yi Fan is not in the building.'

He must be lying. 

'How do you know that?' Alex blurted out.

'We monitors everyone who enters and leaves the building. Mr. Yi Fan didn't come today.' He pointed to a small monitor in the guard house. And a bunch of talent IDs and numbers.

Alex sighed. The condominium! Kris might be there. Before turning to leave, someone inside the gates spoke. 'Alex?'

She saw the familiar round eyes. He's in black shirt and he was alone. 'DO Kyungsoo.' 

He smiled. 'Just D.O.'

Even if she's tired already, Alex managed to smile. She didn't expect to see him. Out of all of Kris's friends. 

D.O. walked nearer to where she is. 'What are you doing here?'

Alex can only say 'Kris'. 

'He's not here. He asked for two weeks off. Because of what happened to his Dad. Didn't you know? He had to stop promoting the album for the time being.'

Alex wants to thank D.O. for telling her these even if it seemed obvious that Kris didn't tell her himself. It makes him more reliable than Gregson and Kai. She figured D.O. must be her last hope. 'Do you know where he is?' 

D.O. slightly shook his head. 'I was told that he's with his Mom in their home. But I don't know where that is. I've never been to their house.' 

Sehun! He knows. He must. 'D.O., do you know Sehun? Kris's driver? Do you have his number?' She's talking fast. 

D.O. laughed because she seems in a hurry. 'I do know Sehun. And I also do have his number.' His phone was right in his hand and he searched for something before showing the screen to Alex. 'Here.'

Alex was quick to save Sehun's number in her contacts. Before putting down her phone, she saw the numbers 09:46 in her Casio watch. She looked at Kyungsoo, wishing for the second time that her friend Chesca is with her. She has nothing more to say but 'You really are DO Kyungsoo.'

Because Chesca always tells her that D.O. is kind. D.O. loves his fans. D.O. is cute. D.O. is 'concerned'. Alex always argues with her because concerned was never a word to describe celebrities or friends. Chesca has never even met D.O. but the way she speaks about him seems accurate now. Alex will make sure the next time she cross paths with the squishy round-eyed heart-shaped smile G's Ent artist, Chesca will be beside her. And they'll ask for his autograph together.

 

'Sehun?' 

Sehun answered her call. Probably because he's curious of the unknown number. 

'Who's this?' He sounded not so nice; very different from the boy who took her side when she fought against Kris's stupidity a few weeks back. 

'Sehun, it's Alex. Kris's girlfriend, remember?' She heard Sehun laugh. He will tell her. Alex can feel it. He won't be another Gregson or Kai. 

'Hi Alex! How can I help you?' He's messing around of course. Alex can imagine his rainbow-colored hair and his incredible height at the age of nineteen. 

'I need you to drive me to Kris's house.' Alex hopes her voice didn't sound like she's trying to force or threaten him. But she needs to get straight to the point.

Sehun didn't mind. He will drive her to Kris's place tomorrow morning. For the first time that day, Alex felt relieved. At least Sehun was willing to take her to where Kris is. He even said, 'He can really be self-centered sometimes' when Alex told him that the rapper didn't even let her know about his Dad passing away. 'When we get there tomorrow, punch him in the face.'

---------------------------
Hey guys! Here it is, May update! It's been ages since my last update, my apologies. Tomorrow I might update again so pls anticipate it. Have a good night!