Adventure

30days with Yi Fan

ADVENTURE

Kris called Flix at 4:30PM, only to ask if Alex has any schedule for the day. When Flix said no, he immediately got up from bed and took a shower. He's woken up late because he finished rehearsing at G's Ent building at nine in the morning. Maybe he can spend the day with her, and make sure they get to watch the MV on its release tonight. He has something planned in mind.

When he reached Alex's apartment, he dialed her number. He can hear that the TV was on. She picked up. 'Hello?'

'Hi. Could you please open the door for me?' Kris was standing on the doormat.

'What?' 

'I'm right outside your house.' There was the sound of feet running and later on Alex opened the door and was startled to see that Kris really was there. He smiled at her and even though they're now face to face they were still holding onto their phones.

Alex put the phone down, forgetting to press the end call button. 'What is it this time?' Kris laughed at her question. It was his second time being here but she's not sick and he's not entering. 

There's no time to waste and Kris wants his plan done before the sunset. 'I'm taking you out in an adventure.' 

Alex raised an eyebrow. 'What kind of adventure?' They sounded silly.

'Something I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss.' Kris replied, there was no doubt in his voice. He will not drag Alex and go. He's trying hard not to forget about her conditions yesterday. He promised he'll be nicer. She might as well do her part. 

With one glance at Kris and his outfit, Alex was ready to go. 'Wait for me here. I'll just dress-up.'

Kris was fast to stop her by holding her arm. 'You don't have to.' Alex was wearing leggings and a Simpson T-shirt. 'Just bring a thick jacket and gloves.' He doesn't wish her to get the colds again. 

Alex followed what he said and after locking the windows and doors of the apartment, they were in Kris's car, half an hour away from their destination.

'Where are we going?' Alex won't give up asking. She was looking over at Kris while he was driving. He realized he can tell her now.

'We're going to Maysan Tower.'

Alex touched his shoulder and Kris turned to see what's wrong. 'Do you mean..?' Kris can tell she's excited, just by listening to her voice and looking at the roundness of her eyes.

'Yes.' Kris answered the unspoken question, directing his focus back to the road ahead.

Alex raised both of her hands in the air and shouted 'Oh my God!!' Kris regretted that the roof of his BMW ain't convertible at the moment. He has to get the button fixed.

Kris can't help but look at Alex while she screams. He wonders what's running inside her head. When Alex noticed him staring, she instantly behaved and said sorry. 'I'm just really excited.' And Kris knew that she is. It was all over her face. 

 

 

The bungee at Maysan Tower closes at eight. Kris did a research on it last night. It has 46 floors. He doesn't know if he'll be able to do it because he can get scared of heights sometimes. But he do know that it wouldn't kill to try. 

After successfully finding a slot to park, Kris went out the car with Alex and headed to the information counter. They inquired about the bungee and they were told to pay in the 46th floor. They rode the elevator and were joined by a few people in corporate uniforms. The elevator door opened and Alex was the first to step out. There's a counter on the right and that's where they paid the bungee fee. Alex attempted to pull-out her wallet but Kris said no. Remembering about the third condition, Kris was fast to explain. 'Let me pay for this. It's my idea after all.' 

The room was small with a few sofa chairs to sit in. The door leading to the bungee area was made of glass and Kris can see the clouds from where he's standing waiting for the ticket. He followed Alex to the glass doors. 

The wind was blowing hard and Alex already has her jacket on. There were two men standing near the spot where the purchasers will jump from and there were lots of harnesses and ropes scattered on the ground. Kris was starting to think that this was a bad idea. He approached Alex beside the railings. 'Are you okay?'

Alex doesn't look as calm as she was moments ago. 'Look down.' She said. 

Kris doesn't want to. He might change his mind if he does. But he did, because Alex was waiting for him to do so. He looked down and Jesus were they forty-six floors up the solid ground. It seems dangerous. He almost felt like vomiting. 'Whoa!' He exhaled, letting go of his nervousness.

Alex looks nervous as well. She was now interviewing one of the staff. 'Is it safe? I mean the equipments...?' Kris was glad that she's verbalizing her concerns. 

'Yes Ma'am, the elastic cord is properly connected to the jump platform and we'll be securing you with a body harness. Once below, our rescue team will be waiting for you in a boat to detach the equipments.' And as if that wasn't enough to calm Alex down, he added, 'We've been doing this for years, Ma'am. No need to worry.'

Kris can see Alex breathing in and out. There's still time to back-out. 'Hey, do you still want to do it?' It was like asking it to himself.

He expected her to say no but she didn't. 'I might die during the fall. But I have to try.' Alex replied.

It's time for Kris to verbalize his concerns. Turning his head to the guy who answered Alex's previous questions, he asked, 'Is it possible to do it by partners?' 

The guy was about to laugh and Kris doesn't know what's funny about what he said. Does this guy know who he is? 'We can do that, Sir. But you would have to hold onto each other.'

'You mean hug?' He motioned with the use of his hands.

'Yes, Sir.'

Kris looked at Alex. 'Do you prefer it that way or you want to do it alone?'

Alex eased up a little. 'Let's do it together.' Hearing that made Kris feel less scared. 

The crew asked the two of them to deposit their cell phones and remove their jewelries so that nothing will fall from their pockets once they are suspended in air. They carefully attached the safety equipments on their feet, ankles, legs, and hip. When Alex and Kris were already physically prepared, the staff reminded them again about what to do during and after the bungee. 

'Are you ready?' One of the crew asked.

Kris initiated the hug and he felt Alex's arms around him. She was holding on to him tightly as if she was determined to tag him along in case she dies in the process. In spite of the cold weather, both of them felt warm embracing each other. Kris cleared his throat. 'Are you ready?' He repeated the man's question to the beautiful model in front of him. His legs were already shaking.

'Are you?' Alex asked back at him. They managed to laugh out their joined fears. 

'Let's die together.' Kris joked and with a nod of the head, the staff instructed them to jump.

'One, two...' Kris is the one who's counting because Alex already has her eyes closed, her head resting over his shoulder. 

'Three!' They jumped from the platform and-

'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!' Alex's scream mimics Kris's. Everything went upside down and they continued holding onto each other making sure they are still both alive. Kris tried to open his eyes and saw the world in reversed. His heart was speeding and his stomach keeps twisting. 

The rope rebounded and they were swayed up and down from left to right in midair. That moment lasted for God knows how long. The water's just a few feet from their heads now and Kris can see the rescue team coming. Slowly, the men detached the ropes around their bodies and made sure that both Kris and Alex are okay. 

Alex let go off Kris and her face was red. All their bloods seem to be in their heads.

'You okay?' Kris asked while holding her hand. She looks like she's going to faint. 

Alex said nothing.

Kris tried once more. 'Have you lost the ability to speak?' 

That made Alex laugh. And with life back in her voice, she yelled, 'THAT WAS FUUUUUNN!!'

Kris can only look at her and feel exactly the same thing. 

 


'And my Dad would ride the roller coaster with me and Mom would be there to take a picture of us. We'll scream and the roller coaster will move in circles in faster speed and we'll scream louder.' Alex was talking about her childhood. They were walking along the boardwalk with hot potato sticks in their hands. 'And then, when I was nine we'd go to the beach and I'd tell Dad that I want to learn how to surf and I'll choose among the surfing boards and pick the ones with palm trees on it and Mom would always scare me about the waves to stop me from doing it.'

Kris can see the glee in her eyes while she speaks. He never knew she can be this open. It was fun seeing this side of her. It's nearly eight in the evening and they've just seen the sun set. 

Alex hasn't stopped with her tale. 'I miss being a kid. It's ironic. When you're young, you want to grow up. But when you're already a grown up, all of a sudden you want to be young again. Right?' She tried to ask for the opinion of the celebrity walking beside her.

'Right.' Kris confirmed with a smile. 

Alex stopped walking and faced him. 'Thanks.'

'For what?' Even with lights coming only from street lamps, Kris can see Alex's face clearly.

'For making me feel like a kid again.' Alex said happily and resumed with her pace. Kris caught up with her.

'Anytime, Miss Dawson.' He managed to say. Whatever Alex is feeling right now, he's feeling double. He wishes he could tell her that too.

They continued talking for another hour, sitting on the bench by the bay. Tonight seems to be perfect because there weren't much people who recognized Kris and bothered them. 'Kris, can I ask you something?'

Alex already sounds tired. Not thinking it through, he placed his palm over her forehead. Alex flinched. 'You're not going to be sick, are you?' 

Alex smiled. 'I'm fine.'

'Okay, what's the question?' Kris got back to her previous sentence.

'Uhm...do you ever read your fan mails?' Kris didn't expect that kind of question but he figures Alex asks random stuff all the time. He remembers she asked him if he loved his fans. 

'Sometimes.' He said. Ever since he started his career he's been getting loads of gifts and letters from fans. Gregson always says that it'll take them years to finish unwrapping and reading them all. But Kris remembered reading a few letters from way back. He tries his best not to disappoint his supporters.

Alex seems intrigued. 'Really? Like what, monthly? Or do you do it once every three months, how often?'

Kris wonders why she loves asking those questions. He's not complaining though. 'Hmm...I think I used to do it every six months.' 

'That long? Why? Don't you like reading them?' 

'I just don't have that much time,' he can hardly read at least five letters in between rehearsals. Not to mention replying to each of it. 'But I keep them.'

Alex nods. Kris looked at his watch; the MV's going to be out in two hours. 

As if she read his mind, Alex asked, 'What time is the MV's release?'

'Ten o'clock.' 

Kris thought she'd tell him to watch it with her or he'd tell her to watch it with him but neither happened. He heard Alex sighed and as if she's got this large debt to pay, she said, 'I'll watch it in the apartment when I get home. I'll let you know if it made me mad.' She fooled around. 

Kris knew that it's time to hit the road. He's got to be in the studio as early as five tomorrow morning and Alex has to rest. It's been a fun but tiring day. 'Let's go?' He didn't hold her hand. He simply stood up from the bench and waited for her to do the same. 

'One more thing, can I ask for a favor?' Alex put her palms together as if in pray. Kris wonders what it is this time.

'What favor?' 

'Can I drive your car? Only tonight, please?' 

Kris must have misheard her. Does she even know how to drive? The BMW's at stake here.

'Ahm...' He doesn't know how to say it. 

'I know how to drive, trust me. I've had my driving lessons last month. I just want to practice it again, please.' Alex begged. 

Maybe he got poked in the face by someone invisible or maybe someone from the heavens threw a big rock to his head because Kris couldn't believe he's just said 'Sure'.

 

 

Alex drove quite well, with Kris feeling uneasy on the passenger's seat. He lost count on how many times he wished they can reach her apartment right away and see his BMW still whole. After stopping the car outside, Alex returned the keys to him and gladly stepped out, proud that they both ended the day alive, after all the extreme risks. 

'Thanks for today, really. I had a great time.' Seeing that Kris liked that comment, Alex added, 'Although I never thought I'd ever have a great time with you.'

Kris laughed. Things do change. He never thought he and Alex could end a day this way. And without fighting. 'Congrats to us.' He said.

 

 

He walked back to the car and with certainty in his mind he knew...

...knew that he's never been this happy. 

------------------------------------

Hi guys! First of all, I'd like to thank you for the condolences. I believe my Grandma's now in peace, thank you.

It's good to be back and update this story. As always, I hope you're enjoying your time while reading this and I can't thank you guys enough for the comments and messages. When I logged in this morning I've got new feedbacks for all three of my stories and that was beyond amazing. If only I can update my other fics too. Hopefully in the coming days I'll be able to.

As for this story, we're still many chapters away from the ending. Please anticipate the next updates. Don't hesitate to give me feedbacks. Good or bad, I'd gladly appreciate them. They keep me inspired to write. Thanks again. Fighting! :)