Day 2

30days with Yi Fan
DAY 2
 
Seoulful Music is the leading music channel in Korea. It features the latest songs of various artists and get one-on-one interviews with celebrities and known individuals in Korea and globally. When Alex walked in for a guesting in one of its segment the next morning, she was greeted by a very energetic VJ named Taewu. And she already had the impression that he'd ask her about the rumors that ties her name with the popular singer-rapper Kris Wu Fan. 
 
'Is it true?' Taewu asked. They were having small talks in between music videos. 
 
It was the first time Alex was asked about it live. And she honestly didn't know if she wanted to answer it. Clint might be watching. And the singer concerned might also be in front of his TV set, who knows? Alex simply smiled and nodded. Sometimes it was the easiest non-verbal way of saying yes. Although that yes was a lie. All for a crazy 30-day proposal.
 
Taewu asked her to introduce the next video and she did it happily, almost giving herself away 'cause she once dreamed of being a VJ. Only that she didn't pursue it. And she liked modeling more. She used to have a list of endless dreams.
 
She stayed until the end of the show. Alex can barely hide her smile when they finished. She had a good time and she never thought it was that fun to get interviewed in a music show and be her natural self. Flix came in at around two in the afternoon and Alex figured it was time for her surprise. The moment she woke up that morning, she just couldn't make herself forget about Flix's promise. 'Where is it, where is it?' She manager, expecting it to be a material. Maybe it's a car this time.
 
'Not here. We'll be going to a resort.' Alex followed Flix to her car and was suddenly excited upon hearing the word resort. 
 
'Wait, are we going to swim? I didn't bring-
 
'No. But it's going to be fun.' Flix interrupted. Alex wanted to laugh at her unfinished question. Flix never swims. Alex knows that Flix doesn't know how to. Or maybe she dislikes the cold water or wearing bikinis. She ended up laughing anyway. Flix glanced at her and she forced herself to stop by covering with one hand.
 
It's a different resort once again, somewhere Alex has never gone to. And it looks like paradise! There's an infinity pool and a view of the main beach. Eventhough the weather's cold and not-so inviting, Alex wanted to take off her shoes and walk bare feet in the water. 
 
'This is your surprise?' Alex looked sideways to her manager. But was totally caught off guard when she saw Kris Wu Fan walking towards them. What is he doing here? He can't be Flix's surprise for her, can he? Flix saw her eyes went big so she glanced at her back and saw the singer too.
 
'Hi Kris. Nice resort you got here.' Flix greeted the singer with a smile, sounding less formal than usual. So, they're friends now? And the resort...Kris owns it? What the hell's happening in the world? 
 
'Thanks, Flix. I hope you guys enjoy your stay. You'll be served with free dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow if you make it till seven.' Kris said hospitably. Alex watched the two of them, feeling left out. This can't seriously be Flix's surprise.
 
'Ehem,' she made out. Kris was the first one to look at her and say, 'Oh hello there, fake girlfriend.'
 
'Wha- Xiumin!'
 
Xiumin appeared from behind Kris and Alex couldn't help but run towards her friend and jump off to him throwing Xiumin out of balance for a while. 'Oops, you nearly got me into the pool!' But Xiumin managed to caught Alex in his arms and her legs dangled in the air. It was the same reunion clips you'd see in movies. 
 
'Oh my God Xiumin you're here!!' Alex let her feet touched the ground and still couldn't get over the fact that her long lost friend was right there standing in front of her. Flix was smiling the whole time while Kris's indescribable expression was unnoticed by everyone.
 
Xiumin's cheeks reached his eyes. 'Oh my God you were heavy. Are you sure a high profile model can jump around meeting people like that?' He laughed. The three of them heard Kris laughed too. And Kris excused himself the moment they gave him attention. 
 
Alex's eyes were back to Xiumin's. 'When did you come back? I was expecting you'd call me or Chesca before your flight!' She punched him in the biceps. 
 
'Chesca? She's here too.' Xiumin replied then turned to look at the one of the big cottages. Alex followed his gaze and saw Chesca playing with Flix's son. Some of Alex's workmates were there too, talking and having a good laugh. 
 
She's only been back to Seoul for 6days but she felt wonderful. Everything was perfect. Alex turned to look back at Flix. And her manager only has the best things to say, 'I guess this is how we should spend the weekend?' Alex smiled.
 
 
 
 
At seven they were served dinner and Kris joined them, sitting next to Chesca. Alex was sitting next to Xiumin; three seats from Kris. They make a total of twelve persons. Everyone enjoyed the seafood platter, steaks, hot pot and kimchi. It was a happy dinner where everyone keeps talking and reminiscing good times. Alex felt that she was being so talkative but she didn't care. She missed everyone especially Xiumin who keeps laughing beside her. Kris Wu Fan was silent in his seat. Alex would throw him glances from time to time; observing the singer. He doesn't seem to be the cold guy he has been the last time they were together. Chesca was keeping him entertained by asking him questions which Alex couldn't hear because of the mixed voices in their table. Kris's Dad happens to be the business partner of the owner of the resort that they're in. 
 
They had tea after dinner and Alex and Xiumin decided to free themselves from the noise and walk their way to the beach. Once they reached the ocean's edge, Alex sat down on the sand and Xiumin did the same. It was really cold from there.
 
'It's c-cold,' Alex felt her body trembled. Even with the thick jacket, she can still feel the wind passed through her very bones. 
 
'Here,' Xiumin got a pair of gloves from the pocket of his jacket. He held Alex's hands and slowly put the gloves in. Alex was amused.
 
'You brought this?' She asked, still shaking a bit.
 
'You know, my second name should be Extra. Extra gloves, extra ready, extra nice.' He went on. And Alex just snorts. 
 
'Anyway, how's my baozi friend?' Alex haven't heard from Xiumin for a year. He went to Spain to fulfill a dream.
 
'Well, I now have a barista license.' Xiumin boasted. 
 
'I know that! I mean, what else?' Alex wanted to hear more stories from Xiumin's vacation. 
 
'I'll start working in the coffee shop by next week,' Xiumin shared. It was something he hasn't said to Alex yet.
 
'Which coffee shop?' 
 
'The one I mentioned to you before.'
 
Alex beamed. 'Really? You finally got in?' It was the Brewed coffee shop that Xiumin applied for two years ago. He was rejected because they wanted someone who has a barista license and has at least three months of experience. 
 
'Yep,' Xiumin confirmed. 
 
'Wow, that's great! Congratulations!' Alex clapped her gloved hands. The beach was quiet with just the sound of the waves and some people chatting from somewhere. The moon was gloomy and a few stars where visible.
 
'Kamsahamnida,' Xiumin replied with his native language. 'How about you? What's this thing going on between you and that singer?' He directed back at the cottage where Kris can be seen going along well with their friends. 
 
Alex gave him a simple answer. 'He asked me to pretend as his girlfriend for thirty days.'
 
'Pretend?' 
 
'Of course pretend. You know I'm engaged.' 
 
'Exactly. So why did you say yes?' Xiumin was giving her the mocking look with one eyebrow raised. Alex was sure he was more of intriguing than teasing.
 
She looked back at the waves. 'Can we skip that question? I'm pretty sure I've answered that a couple times already.'
 
But Xiumin always makes sense. 'You haven't answered me.'
 
'Please?' She begged. She wanted to forget about that topic once and for all. It wasn't doing any good to her brain.
 
'Okay. I'll change the question. When you're with him, do you get the butterflies? Like 'Oh my God! I'm with my idol!' or 'Oh my God! He's so handsome!'' Alex laughed at Xiumin's acting. He knows about the Alex-has-been-Kris's-die-hard-fan-before-she-became-a-model story. 
 
Instead of answering the revised question, Alex friend. 'Hey, can you do that one more time?' 
 
Xiumin shook his head, knowing Alex isn't going to answer him. 'Do you think you can trust him though?'
 
Can she? Alex tried to answer it in her head. When she came out with neither yes or no, she asked it back to Xiumin. 'Hmm, what do you think?'
 
And Xiumin looked at Kris again. He was now holding a paper plane and showing it to Hyun Bae. It took Xiumin a full minute before turning to look at Alex again. 'You said that the other night he was cold to you? And then today he let us into their resort with free entrance. Hmm, very unpredictable.'
 
And Alex couldn't agree more. Kris Wu Fan is indeed that.
 
'What did Clint say?' Of course Xiumin won't forget to mention her real boyfriend. 
 
'He called last night, said he knows about it. The strange thing is, I don't know who told him. Flix wouldn't and Chesca only found out yesterday.' Alex shared.
 
Alex didn't expect the next words that Xiumin said. 'And Kris? Did you ask him? Maybe he's nice enough to call Clint and tell him.' 
 
And Alex began answering one of Xiumin's previous questions in her thoughts. When I'm with him, I don't go screaming 'Oh my God, I'm with my idol!' or 'Oh my God! He's so handsome!' because I'm not in good terms with him. I hated him for this whole crazy proposal. I didn't find it in me to appreciate his kindness because he was dragging me to places and forcing me to do things. I can't understand him for making me mad on day 1 and making me ask these questions on day 2.
 
Kris? Alex only thought of that now. She looked at Kris's image in the cottage. Can he really?
 
------
Hi guys! Weekend update? Yehet! I know you've noticed that I changed the story title. I just thought that "30days with Yi Fan" is more suitable than "On Your Wedding Day...". But no worries 'cause only the title changed. The rest will still go on as planned and as written on my drafts. Thanks to everyone who's been following this story and hope you guys stick with me till the end. Please let me know what you think so far. And upvote? Fighting~