Finally

30days with Yi Fan
FINALLY
 
The eleventh month of the year came almost as fast as how the tenth ended.  Alex has just arrived from a two-month vacation in Canada and left her boyfriend there to continue her runway commitments in Seoul. They’ve been a couple for two years and five months to be exact and just two weeks ago, Clint proposed and Alex now has that diamond ring on her finger. They are engaged and are planning to get married by next year. She’s twenty-four and he’s three years older. Clint decided to stay in Canada to take care of the family’s business after his dad had a last April. Alex had lost both of her parents at the age of twenty. I’ll see you in January, Clint said before letting go of Alex’s hand at the airport yesterday. The now-long distance relationship is not going to be a problem, Alex thought. They are in love and that for sure is real.
 
​In Korea, every fashion figure knows Alex. She’s famous in the runway and billboards of her in jeans and bikinis can be seen along highways and streets. But to her friends and colleagues, she’s just a simple girl living in the glamorous world of high heels and make-up. To herself, she’s just Alex. The Alex, who is fond of experimenting with her hair, likes polka dots and vintage dresses the most, and loves making faces at the camera. No one guesses her age correctly because according to Flix, her manager, she still acts like a teenager.
 
​Alex loves her work. Everywhere she goes, people adores her fashion and asks questions about the brand of her clothes to the colours of her nail polish. It’s not about the attention or the stand-outs but the happiness that emerge from it. Ever since she was young, she enjoyed playing with ribbons, whether they were from cake boxes or birthday presents, and fitting shoes at the malls.
 
​The lady in the counter was checking her ticket and passport when she heard her phone ring. Alex finds herself smiling reading the caller’s name on the screen. Cheska.
 
​“Alex?” her friend asked when she remained quiet after answering the call. Alex just made a "Mmm?" sound and that simply made her friend continue on, “So you’re really back! Shall we pick you up at the airport? Oh my God, did you bring the skirt? How much did it cost? I’ll pay you later! Oh my God, I can’t wait!”
 
All about the skirt again, Alex can’t help smiling hearing her friend’s excited voice. Cheska has been her friend for almost a decade. She’s been contacting Alex since last week just to remind her of the skirt that she missed buying the last time she was in Vancouver herself. “Relax, Cheska. No need to pick me up, I’m already on my way out the airport. I’m okay by the way, thanks for asking.” She heard her friend laugh on the other line.
 
​Upon having her ticket and passport back in hand, she goes through the bag inspection while Cheska’s voice continued to break her eardrums. After a few more welcome backs and say hello to Seoul messages from her friend, she ended the call and walked her way out, ready to feel the brush of Seoul’s breeze on her cheeks.
 
​Lucky her phone’s already inside her shoulder bag; had she been holding it it’d probably get thrown to the hard ground and split into pieces when a tall man, who was in tremendous hurry, bumped into her and send her purse and passport flying out of her grasp and landing on the tiled floors. What the hell.
 
​“Sorry,” the man quickly picked up her belongings and handed them back, allowing Alex to see his face. In that short moment, Alex noticed the familiar thin lips, mannequin-like skin, blonde hair, and the piercings. Her heart started to beat faster than usual and all she wanted to do was hold onto it, hoping to slow down the rhythm. But she did nothing. She realized she couldn’t move her hands and feet.
 
​“Here,” the man pushed the purse to her stomach when she remained frozen to the spot. Alex managed to hold it and their hands touched. My heart’s going to explode! Alex seems to be screaming inside her head.
 
​The man removed his hand and bowed to her once more before running further into the airport. Alex caught sight of the number of people running after the man; there were about fifty or more. She didn’t care even if she was pushed to the sides when the crowd went berserk.  That moment, Alex found herself lost in Seoul for the first time. The skies didn’t amaze her, the wind passed by without her appreciation and the morning traffic was unnoticed. All she could hear was the thundering sounds of her heart amidst the fans’ screams. Yes, they are fans. His fans.
 
​Alex is indeed a simple girl. A simple girl who fancies chocolates and roller coaster rides. A simple girl who, despite the heavy limelight and electric fan-blown hair, was secretly crushing on a singer. A popular singer who’s tall and handsome and whose voice drives every girl’s heart crazy. A popular singer-rapper in Korea named Kris.
 
​Fate gave her permission. Fate allowed her to finally meet him in person. If fashion and music collides that day, this would have made the headlines:
 
Alex Dawson and Kris Wu Yi Fan finally meets.