38th cry

Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, what did we usually do when we date?" Kai asked curiously as we strolled down the busy streets of the town in Two Moons. The Underworld was a lot more modern than I expected; almost like an emo-styled Seoul. After I had finally met Kai again - which happened just a few hours ago - he insisted to take me out so he could learn more about how we used to be. Of course, I agreed immediately, excited over how willing he was to learn. Of course, I didn't forget to greet the other legends and my family. After that, we quickly prepared for our casual date before heading out. 

"We fought off ugly monster." I answered before chuckling at his confused look. He looked like a lost child who couldn't find his way back home from the playground, and I couldn't help but to find his reaction priceless. Sighing, I looked up at the red sky, taking in the fresh air of magic, "We haven't really gone out on a date yet. When we first got together, we were trying to save my brother from my evil uncles. So, on the way, all we did was fighting a lot of monsters."

"So, this is the first time we're on a date?" he asked carefully, making sure one more time, and I nodded. Smile brightening, he suddenly grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers before swinging them happily, "Then I'll make sure that this first date will be peeeeeeerrrrrffffect~!"

****

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked with a chuckle, gripping into Kai's hand as the blindfold on my eyes made me unable to see where we were going. Kai's big hand developed mine so perfectly while his other arms circled my neck, hand covering the blindfold just in case, "You're not going to leave me out here, are you?"

His chest was felt vibrating against my back as he chuckled. 

"Alright, you can take it off now." he muttered in a low voice, sounding so y with his husky voice as his breath tickled my neck. My eyes widened behind the blindfold, breath hitching in my throat as I didn't know how to reply to that. I didn't exactly mind as he was my mate after all, but I didn't expect him to say that right after he found out he got a mate. The awkward silence was filled with my quiet 'uhm', and as if he finally realized what he just said, he laughed, "I meant the blindfold! Who knew my girl could be so dirty-minded?"

"Shut up!" I said embarrassed, pouting and cursing myself for even thinking that. He only chuckled, helping me take off the blindfolds slowly. 

"Surprise!" he said cheerfully as he completely took the blindfold away. Opening my eyes, the sight almost blew me off my feet. 

"H-How did you do this?" I stammered astonished as I looked around. Lanterns were hanging from the trees, illuminating everything inside the circle made. In the middle was a table for two with a vase if red flower and a candle to make it more romantic on top. The place took place by the beach, and what made it more touching was that it was where we first made love; by the abandoned house. Feeling myself tear up at the sight, I cupped my mouth in shock, my heart beating like a maniac. Turning around to face Kai, I bit my lip as he looked down at me with his sweet, boyish smile. Circling my arms around his neck, I buried my face in his chest, "Thank you. It's really beautiful."

"You should thank the hyungs for setting the place up." he chuckled as he circled his arms around me waist, placing his chin on top of my head. Smiling, I grabbed his hand before pulling him to the table. 

"Damn, now I feel bad for not being dressed properly." I pouted as we were halfway to our table. Chuckling, Kai looked down at me. 

"It's doesn't really matter. You're pretty as you are." he said, looking so honest and serious which only made me blush. 

"OF COURSE SHE NEEDS TO DRESS PROPERLY! SHUT YOURSELF UP, KAI!" a high-pitched, female voice shrieked from behind us making us both turn towards the voice. Widening my eyes, I stared at my mother standing not too far away with her arms crossed. 

"O-Omma, what are-" I stuttered, but she was quick to interrupt me as he grabbed my hand, dragging me away from Kai as Tao and Kris suddenly fell from the sky and took my confused mate away. 

"And to think my daughter was going on a dinner-date in casual clothes!" she grumbled lowly under her breath as she continued pulling me towards the cabin. Kicking the door to burst it open (a similar move to something aunt Minjung would do) making her wings rise slightly, but enough to hit me in the face. Groaning silently, and she heard it, she apologized quickly before p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter