37th cry

Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, put me down!" I whined tiredly as we had continued walking for six hours straight with no rest. After asking some of our subjects for the directions to the legends' castle, we've continued our walk. After a few hours, I had accidentally let out a yawn, and Kyu Jin was quick to pull me up and put me on top of a transformed Baekhyun. Being full of pride, I tried fighting to stand back on my own two feet, but Baekhyun had growled, warning me to stay in place. 

"There's no point in fighting, Rin. Just sleep already. I'll wake you when we get there." Kyu Jin said to which I groaned before sitting up, my fingers brushing through the fur on his back.

"I'll stay, but I won't sleep." I stated, crossing my arms stubbornly. To the left, I heard both Sehun and Kyungsoo scoff, their noses scrunching up. Sighing, Jay rolled his eyes. 

"Alright."

****

Fluttering my eyelids open, I blinked at the red sky, feeling heat radiate to my back. The feeling of soft fur tickled my skin as I turned my head slightly. Realizing what I was doing, I widened my eyes, sitting up and stared at my brother who was staring back with a raised brow. 

"Good sleep, Miss. I-won't-sleep?" he asked playfully, chuckling at his joke, and the vibrations of Baekhyun under me just proved that he was also laughing. 

"Shut up." I barked, pouting as Kyungsoo glared at me. How could I forget? He was the ultimate cussing-police. Rolling my eyes, I sat up with no struggle as Baekhyun was like a gigantic, moving bed, "Anyway, where are we now?"

"The volcano. We're getting rid of you." Jay said with a mono-tone, sounding like he was serious, but I knew better, and I shot him a death-glare. 

"Ha-ha, very funny." I mock-laughed, sticking my tongue out at him before turning to Sehun, "How come you guys do nothing when Jay bullies me, but when I say something back, you all go crazy?"

"Because we know Jay is only joking compared to you." Sehun answered making my eyes widen in disbelief. My mouth opened and closed, wanting to say something but nothing came out. Just then Samuel let out a small snore and a chuckle before falling back asleep. 

"I-I'M JOKING! I DON'T REALLY MEAN IT!" I denied, crossing my arms. Turning his head to take a glance at me, Baekhyun scoffed before turning his head back towards the road. Pouting, I looked away, "Meanies."

"We're about half an hour away from the palace." Kyungsoo sighed after a moment of silence, probably too tired to even bother with his brothers. Looking at him, I smiled sweetly. 

"I LIKE KYUNGSOO OPPA THE BEST OF ALL OF YOU, I SWEAR!" I announced loudly before jumping off Baekhyun and ran towards the owl-eyed only to jump on his back. 

"Hey!" Jay whined as he stomped his foot. All I did was sticking my tongue at him while Kyungsoo laughed, bringing me higher up on his back. 

Kai's POV

"I just don't understand how I could forget her." I mumbled into the pillow in my arms as I stared at the phone in my hands. In the phone was the picture of a girl, smiling brightly at the camera. Swiping my thumb over the screen, I felt my heart flutter as another picture of the same girl was revealed, "She's really pretty."

"That's what I said! Dude, you're so lucky you've already found your mate!" Luhan said before patting my shoulder. Turning to Jungkook, I handed him back his phone before smiling gratefully. 

"But, how come she's not here?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows as I looked up at my brothers. Smiling sadly, Bammie sighed. 

"After you practically died, she went unconscious too. Maybe it's a mate thing, we don't know, but we sent her, her brother, Baekhyun, Sehun and Kyungsoo back up to the human world. We thought that maybe if we made her think that all the demon things weren't real would be easier for her than knowing her mate was dead." she explained in one breath only to gasp for air a little at the end. 

"Wait- YOU WHAT?!" I burst out in anger, throwing the pillow aside as I stood up. Suddenly, my body started heating up, and I found myself g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter